The PS3 Will Triumph In 2011?

I believe this one. Thats almost 4 years away. New systems will be out by then and the PS3 should be very cheap. I mean come on once the PS3 reaches 200 dollar then it's over for them all. Yet the funny thing is by that time the Wii2 will be out and will actually have more power than a PS3 and also cost 200 dollars with Wii sports 3 out. So basically the PS3 could win yet only for a short time since nintendo will start shifting to the new system. I mean you have so many people that really believe the PS3 is so much more powerful...LOL it could happen if sony reaches $200. So basically this is the only way I see them winning which is slim so really I guess you can say I feel like no it won't happen yet if this does happen no one will pay attention to it.

For Sony to win the games will have to be come additively good. This is currently what is whipping their but. Also too another HD dvd format is going to come out blue ray will be the next laser disk simply because normal people will not buy it.

sagema said:
By 2011 they will be announcing the new 720, Nintendo, or PS4 (They won't launch it, but word of a new console will surface by then). If Sony can't catch up by 2009, they will NEVER win this console wars. They spent too much time focusing on Blue Ray, and fighting Toshiba. It's been a very wasteful generation for the PS3. By this point I'm waiting for a PS4, because the PS3 spit on everything that made the PS1-2 great.

Let's make a very simple comparison. I remember when this game called Halo 2 launched and Microsoft said by the end of the console wars they'd be #1. Did it happen? Only in their imaginations. Reality always wins. 2008 will pretty much decide it all. That gap will grow or shrink this year. If it grows it's over.

You are so right. The PS2 embraced an industry standard dvd player and gave the loyal PS1 developers more power that didn't equal a great risk on returns.

Celestial said:
10 year plan doesn't necessarily mean they won't release another console within 10 years by the way...

no, no, i know that:) im just stating a situation that may occur, the gaming buissness is quite a *****

Nintendo93 said:
Wow, you really are a fanboy!

excuse me? do you know the definition of a fan boy? no, so shut the hell up, i plan on buying a ps3 just so you know, so ya, again, shut the hell up. i would of added **** instead of hell but ya, syntax is a scary guy

Last edited:
Let me take you guys back to 2005 when they first announced rumors of their new consoles. Yes, 2005. I remember as excited as people were, the majority of them did not save up for a next gen console. Most of them started buying PS2's. It was madness. Why? Well when the rumors came back that the price of the next gen consoles were well over $300, and the PS2 price dropped to $150, people went out and got a PS2, in insane amounts. That is when the PS2 truly started selling like crazy, and that didn't die down until end of 2007. So by 2011 some lucky console will experience that same buying frenzy. Sony is hoping it's them again. Only time will tell.

But like the Highlander... There can be only one! http://members.cscoms.com/~suwat/poster/Highlander.jpg

Last edited:
I find it to be hogwash.

Anyone could write an article predicting something with no evidence of the prediction happening. "In 2020 Nintendo will make a system called the "Game", and it will change the way gamers play forever", or maybe "In 2009 PS3's will not be bought by anyone, causing Sony to make a new system in hopes of regaining their high revenue when they had PS2s, and this new Sony made system will be the most sold system so far".

When there's fact or proof behind this prediction, then I might beileve it.

Back