This TRUTH will change your [stereotypical/ignorant] views on the Wii!

Kumoriken said:
I highly doubt people that aren't getting a Wii would be browsing these forums. xP
well im probably the anti social hated member of this forum because i basically just look at the wii as a toy for little kids to play around with then trash. while i look at the xbox and playstation consoles as entertainment machines. but i stumbled into this forum looking up nintendo crap for my little brother. so that explains it. plus i like spreading my negetive views and gettin bitched at by geeks haha.

in touch with the wii said:
there it is hes a m/s fanboy you gonna get banned lol

well more of anti-nintendo than anything (which is probably the worst!)

I really dont understand why he is on here, if hes here just to disagree with everything then he should be banned.

Lol

kingofspades said:
well im probably the anti social hated member of this forum because i basically just look at the wii as a toy for little kids to play around with then trash. while i look at the xbox and playstation consoles as entertainment machines. but i stumbled into this forum looking up nintendo crap for my little brother. so that explains it. plus i like spreading my negetive views and gettin bitched at by geeks haha.

You're just scared that you are missing out. :)

kingofspades said:

this forum is Wiichat, but ppl r still free to give their opinions on other systems in comparison to the Wii; this site was made to TALK about the Wii, and thats what hes doing, whether it be negative or positive feedback. so no need to flame kingofspades :yesnod:

as for kingofspades...did u read my speech? or the title of this forum for that matter? the Wii is not a kiddish system at all, if u say this, then every console is just the same! the Wii has if not better, very close values with the PS3 and XBOX 360. this is EXACTLY what to prevent ppl from thinking, this is the sole reason why people dont wanna buy the Wii, and this reason was based on false accusations and assumptions (and lol trust me im NOT a game freak :D)

I think:

PS3 - will be good for Graphics, lots of RPG titles, and blue ray player for the home (mainly 1 player games)

Wii - will be good for innovative gameplay, something easy to pickup and play (easy to get your girlfriend into games), awesome multiplayer/party games, more titles that will define the system an be reasons to get the system, and cheaper games ($49)

plus i'm not quite ready to dish out $600 for a console. Id rather just upgrade my computer.

consoles should be cheap and good for gaming in small time periods (30mins -1.5hrs)

heres a good article about why the Wii will be great :

http://theocacao.com/document.page/328

I don't see how people can consider Wii online gaming "probably bad" when Nintendo has been purposely hiding their capabilities, and it's already known that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be playable online. C'mon, how can it get any better than SSBB against online players? That's like a dream to most gamers. Even hardcore Sony/Microsoft gamers like Smash.

djma said:
I don't see how people can consider Wii online gaming "probably bad" when Nintendo has been purposely hiding their capabilities, and it's already known that Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be playable online. C'mon, how can it get any better than SSBB against online players? That's like a dream to most gamers. Even hardcore Sony/Microsoft gamers like Smash.

yea i know right! going beyond the 4-player limit within the household would be a blast...think about it; its almost like Mortal Kombat: Armagedden that just came out for the X-Box; this is the first title (after deception lol) of mortal kombat to ever go online. its like "OH", i never thought about MK to go online, bugt here iti s! look what we can do, thsi game has always been about fighting your friend right next to u and c who was better, but now its a whole battlefield of new ppl and challengers all around the world...the same will happen with popular 4-player vs. series, such as mario kart games and mario party games. imagine...cant wait lol

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
Graphics: people argue that the graphics for the Wii will not be as good as the PS3 or X-Box360, let alone, the graphics r gonna suck...since when graphics better than the PS2 and X-box deemed bad? just because we have better graphics now doesnt mean that those graphics suck...in fact, the graphics r gonna be AWESOME, theyre not gonna be bad at all. in addition to this, it depends on the VIDEO GAME itself. some games tend to focus more on graphics than others. take Final Fantasy Tactics for example for the playstation, and SuperMario64 for the N64...which one was better? without a doubt, SuperMario64 (except for FFT's cut scenes, of course); FFT had poor graphics anyways, they looked like super nintendo! HOWEVER, this is what made the game a game...if the graphics were different, the game would be TOTALLY different, think about it...

I hope the "nonbelievers" learned something out of this; BTW, that stereotypical view on the Wii is a real view by critics, i didnt make it up, since people really do believe those misleading ideas

Good post... The only real major counter I would offer here is that you assume there will be a lot more T and M rated games for the WII. This assumption, I assume, is based on the initial release lineup. The typical M game user is going to be looking for two things:great gameplay and great graphics. The argument that PS3 and X360 game players are mindless drones that just stare at cool graphics and play even if the game is awful is really quite goofy. Everyone appreciates great gameplay and to have lifelike graphics is a bonus. The reality, on the the PS2, at least, is there are a LOT of mediocre games...

There is a reason why so many software companies tout their graphics and that is simple: people want them... Given that, I would think Nintendo would have done itself a great favor by boosting the graphics capability a bit more than it did on the WII to offer an opportunity to produce higher-end graphics games for the console that at least come somewhat close to X360 and PS3 screens on a regular basis.

At first, I think some Mature gamers will give the WII a shot but I believe, in the long-run, as more titles come out like Call of Duty 3 where the PS3, X360, and WII versions are compared side-by-side, a clear pattern is going to emerge. That pattern will be: Do I take the (significantly) lesser graphics in hopes that the cool controller makes the game more immersive and enjoyable? Or do I stick with the been there, done that analog thumb controller and stick with the mind-blowing graphics? My belief (just opinion, of course) is that the majority of traditional hard-core gamers are going to stick with the PS3 or X360 in favor of graphics over the new control scheme. We'll see I guess.

Pop this thought in the back of your hand and ponder for a moment. What if Sony and/or Microsoft decide that the new WII controller is, in fact, phenomenal and gamers want it?

With the raw "horsepower" (<== KirbyRide64, that's a metaphor for raw computing capability) of both of these machines coupled with basically bottomless pit R&D budgets, they most certainly can come up with bluetooth 3D controllers similar to WII-motes and do something creative like the Hard Drive bundle with Final Fantasy (was it FF7 that had a hard drive with it? can't remember) to get a lot of units sold quick. Nintendo is in trouble, then, because they can't win on graphics and the controller becomes a tie. All they have left, then, is their incredible in-house development team and library of known-quantity licenses. What does that mean to the WII? Relabel it Gamecube 2...

kenn said:
Good post... The only real major counter I would offer here is that you assume there will be a lot more T and M rated games for the WII. This assumption, I assume, is based on the initial release lineup. The typical M game user is going to be looking for two things:great gameplay and great graphics. The argument that PS3 and X360 game players are mindless drones that just stare at cool graphics and play even if the game is awful is really quite goofy. Everyone appreciates great gameplay and to have lifelike graphics is a bonus. The reality, on the the PS2, at least, is there are a LOT of mediocre games...

There is a reason why so many software companies tout their graphics and that is simple: people want them... Given that, I would think Nintendo would have done itself a great favor by boosting the graphics capability a bit more than it did on the WII to offer an opportunity to produce higher-end graphics games for the console that at least come somewhat close to X360 and PS3 screens on a regular basis.

At first, I think some Mature gamers will give the WII a shot but I believe, in the long-run, as more titles come out like Call of Duty 3 where the PS3, X360, and WII versions are compared side-by-side, a clear pattern is going to emerge. That pattern will be: Do I take the (significantly) lesser graphics in hopes that the cool controller makes the game more immersive and enjoyable? Or do I stick with the been there, done that analog thumb controller and stick with the mind-blowing graphics? My belief (just opinion, of course) is that the majority of traditional hard-core gamers are going to stick with the PS3 or X360 in favor of graphics over the new control scheme. We'll see I guess.

Pop this thought in the back of your hand and ponder for a moment. What if Sony and/or Microsoft decide that the new WII controller is, in fact, phenomenal and gamers want it?

With the raw "horsepower" (<== KirbyRide64, that's a metaphor for raw computing capability) of both of these machines coupled with basically bottomless pit R&D budgets, they most certainly can come up with bluetooth 3D controllers similar to WII-motes and do something creative like the Hard Drive bundle with Final Fantasy (was it FF7 that had a hard drive with it? can't remember) to get a lot of units sold quick. Nintendo is in trouble, then, because they can't win on graphics and the controller becomes a tie. All they have left, then, is their incredible in-house development team and library of known-quantity licenses. What does that mean to the WII? Relabel it Gamecube 2...

thanks for your comment and again this is very well written...

however...let me correct u on a few things u may have misconstrued.

Firstly, as i said before, graphics for the "party/family/kiddish" games will not show the best signs of graphics capabality. Third party games will need tuning on the graphics most definately, and thats where u wil c the graphics at its best. Remebmer, the meaning of the game can change because of its graphics...take mario party games for example. U remember the graphics? now would playstation 3 graphics really be needed to enhance the performance of the game and its overall nature? well, the answer is undoubtedly no. this is because the nature of the game itself is in its own ways. if u think about it, the sequals to mario party games dont even show much of a graphics difference at all...not because of the lack of technology or compatability for the console, but because they just dont need it. Plus, the Wii grapics will not be as good as the others, but still better than X-Box and PS2; since when were graphics better than the PS2 and X-Box deemed horrible anyways? And last thing on that, games rated M or T will probably not be a majority, but will certainly be a high percentage. remember, this is a new thing for the Wii and its not like the previous gamecube in MANY ways.

secondly, Nintendo has already released their contoller and their idea to the public; they will have the best controller since they actually worked on it first and Sony or X-Box 360 will be foolish to make another cool controller like that of the Wii's, not only because everyone will know its a copy and that its not their signature way, but also because future releases of this controller will actually change gameplay and will only be available for games past when the controller comes out

Therefore, the Wii is definately NOT (as it had been designed NOT to be just like) going to be just another Gamecube...that will ruin the whole purpose of the new Wii for everyone, and my whole speech for the most part

of course, i could porobably say more, but then i would just end up reiterating what i already said on top of other information. And also know that i dont think the Wii is is the best console ever in the whole world lol and that everything u said was wrong and altered and innacurate; i just think that u should know the truth and my side of this :yesnod:

MAIN REASONS WHY BUY A Wii INSTEAD OF A PS3

1-ZELDA
2-IMAGINE PLAYING wii sports with ur friends a friday night 3am hell ass drunk
3-its so damn small u can take it anywhere....try that with the PS3
4- the wii wont burn the flesh of ur bone while trying to power off the console
5-with the wii u wont have to buy it again due to technical hardware probles a la ps2......or ps3 4 that matter
6-you wont get mugged , shot,ganged up and beating up like a dog while trying to get ur console on launch day
7-ending up paying more than 1,000$ buying games contros and memory cards
with the 600$ the ps3 cost i could get more than 5 games for the wii
8-the Wii its made by God
9-Because i said so
10-and because the Wii is white wich means holyness and the ps3 is black the color of evil.

^That is the dumbest post I may have ever seen on any forum anywhere.

zraductus said:
MAIN REASONS WHY BUY A Wii INSTEAD OF A PS3

1-ZELDA
2-IMAGINE PLAYING wii sports with ur friends a friday night 3am hell ass drunk
3-its so damn small u can take it anywhere....try that with the PS3
4- the wii wont burn the flesh of ur bone while trying to power off the console
5-with the wii u wont have to buy it again due to technical hardware probles a la ps2......or ps3 4 that matter
6-you wont get mugged , shot,ganged up and beating up like a dog while trying to get ur console on launch day
7-ending up paying more than 1,000$ buying games contros and memory cards
with the 600$ the ps3 cost i could get more than 5 games for the wii
8-the Wii its made by God
9-Because i said so
10-and because the Wii is white wich means holyness and the ps3 is black the color of evil.

ummm ok that didnt really add to the thread but thanks for your insight? Not the best of reasons to get the Wii instead of the PS3 either...

WOOOOOW as i was reading i would be like....yea thats true, and that, and that . You really got everything down i just hope to get a Wii for christmas cause my dad isnt really into it right now :(

hey guys i havent been on for a couple weeks whats up? now that the Wii is out, anyone wanna respond accordingly to do waht experienced? this is gonna be fun, im planning on getting the Wii later, but i REALLY want the PS3 lol =D

Back