This TRUTH will change your [stereotypical/ignorant] views on the Wii!

im coming back i need to put the sony fanboys in there place
1.you have been proved once as a sony fanboy and your doing fanboism as i post you will be banned if you continue
2.its your choice to get a wii but if you go for a ps3 it fine
but dont come on a nintendo forum and blab saying it sucks a ps3 rulez is not on

in touch with the wii said:
im coming back i need to put the sony fanboys in there place
1.you have been proved once as a sony fanboy and your doing fanboism as i post you will be banned if you continue
2.its your choice to get a wii but if you go for a ps3 it fine
but dont come on a nintendo forum and blab saying it sucks a ps3 rulez is not on
Well im not really saying it like that now am i, im being as polite as i can about it, and i apolgoize if i offend anyone. Why should i be banned for stating my opinion in a polite manner? And im not saying the wii sucks, im saying it doesnt appeal to me.

darthbeaverxp said:
Im never buying a wii for these reasons:

-Horrible graphics (dont try to argue that the game value makes up for them because my next point covers this AND ps3's games have great game values and plots). And yes graphics matter, it adds to the atmosphere and beaty of the game, and realism.
-All the wii games look really boring, no next-gen.
-Gamecube sucked so I am not motivated to get a wii after i played the gamecube
-Controller looks hard to use
-Online gameplay (if any) won't be as good as ps3 and 360's.
-Too many little kid games that dont suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.
-RE5 wont be on it
-Can it even play cd's and dvd's?
-It wont have as much space available for the discs like in ps3, so the games (i imagine) will be shorter with less content
-I'm 16, nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games
-The first game console I ever played was a playstation
-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz theres quite a bit
-And at those events whic hwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

Sorry for such a negative poste wii fans, I mean no offence to anyone im just literally replying to the requested thread "why arent u buying a wii" and my reasons are why im not, i dont wanna lie. Im very open about it. Sorry for being such a sony fanboy in this reply, my apologies if iv stirred up anger, just know im not trying to dishearten or threaten anyone. Please dont ban me or anything lol.

Im not meaning anything, but if you find the games so boring, why are you on this forum

If i was just some crazy sony fanboy, this speech would not change my mind at all. It could have been way better.

antimatter said:
Well, I've been on this forum for a while now and I was really excited about the Wii coming out. I even had plans to camp outside of Best Buy on Friday when the Wii is coming out on Sunday.

Anyways, I will now be buying the Xbox 360.

Reasons? While the Wii has more "Mature" games now, it's lineup still consists of mainly "kiddy" games. Look at the games coming out at launch.
This box art at IGN proves it. More than 15 games aimed at kids under 10 and only 11 games that are actually more advanced and aimed at older kids and adults. That's over half of the games for the Wii that are aimed at young kids.

Online; No online until 2007, and even then you have to have friend codes. I know it's one code per console, but still why do you have to type in a huge friend code? I prefer Xbox Live thank you very much.

Graphics; I know you people will flame me for this and say that it's not the graphics, it's the games that make the system! But, graphics add to the gameplay and make the games more fun, as you can see exactly what you are doing in great detail. Physics are also very important.

The Wiimote will be extremely cool first, but will soon get repetetive and will get boring after a while, and tiresome even though you are doing small wrist flicks. Just read some previews on IGN. Look at the videos of Red Steel. Aiming looks like a chore, and the guy looks like his arm is completely messed up.

Console war; Playstation 3 = #1 for it's longterm use. Nintendo Wii = #2 for it's ease of use and intuitive controller. Xbox 360 = #3 but not far behind the Wii.

Anyways, for those interested, I chose the 360 because of the GAMES! Look at all the great games coming out in the next couple of weeks. Next reason, XBOX LIVE! I know people diss it because you have to pay for it, but with all you can do on it, it is well worth the $5 a month that it costs. Online gaming is the way of the future weather you like it or not.

-Antimatter

I read your post. If i were you, I'd just wait to test the wii. See if you like it, if not, get a 360. Wii won't be that hard to get through december if you want to. Judging something off box art really isn't smart.

I'm pretty sure I can read the titles by looking at the box art, if not then that's very bad marketing.

so we judge books *ahem* games by their covers?

I hear that kingdom hearts 3 may come to the wii. It would seem that enix doesent have faith in sony so they are waiting to see who wins the console wars. If wii wins this year, witch is likely as thier will be alot more of them, kingdom hearts might go to the wii.

You say re5 is going to be on ps3? prove it. Capcom has been putting all the remakes of re games on gamecube, perhaps we will just get the better re5 anyway.

give me a moment so I can rebuttle your full arguement.

-Horrible graphics (dont try to argue that the game value makes up for them because my next point covers this AND ps3's games have great game values and plots). And yes graphics matter, it adds to the atmosphere and beaty of the game, and realism.

ps3 games will be around 70$ each, becuse of the blue media. You are paying an extra 10-15$ for a game with all languages on it. Thats not efficient. In one way it is, but not for the buyer, but for sony.

-All the wii games look really boring, no next-gen.

sonys lineup looks pritty bad too. But a servy taken by many japanies game makers say they are intrested in the wii more then any other console in terms of makeing games. Nintendo will have the most 3rd part support of any other console becuse the controler is so revolutionary. Who wins the 3rd parties wins the war. This is shown by playstation and playstation 2. The devkit for the ps3 sucks and its alot harder to make games super high rez.

-Gamecube sucked so I am not motivated to get a wii after i played the gamecube

sorry you may have a point. wii will be alot diffrent then the gamecube though.

-Controller looks hard to use

if we go through life with god mode turned on, with no true challange overcome, thats a pritty much wasted life/game

-Online gameplay (if any) won't be as good as ps3 and 360's.

online gameing for the wii will be free, it wont be for the xbox360 or ps3. You get what you pay for

-Too many little kid games that don’t suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.

I dont like these games ether, but wii will get better 3rd part support as i have said above

-RE5 wont be on it

Are you sure about this? gamecube got alot of the re games in the past.

-Can it even play cd's and dvd's?
you dont have a dvd player yet?

-It wont have as much space available for the discs like in ps3, so the games (i imagine) will be shorter with less content

ps3 with blue media, all the space will be used to support all the languages of the games on one disc. You wont be getting more content with blue media. Most games don’t fill up a full dvd anyway. if a game uses all of blue medias space, its inefficient and bloated and may take alot longer to load. Game dzn has gotten bloated anyway. Also becuse wii wont support full out hd, their is alot less texture info that’s needed so a bigger disc isn’t needed to make the same game.

-I'm 16, Nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games

I’m 24 and sick of shitty games that claim to be revolutionary. To many shitty games with good graphics. I want to play games different and i like Nintendo’s philosophy about games. It should be fun.

-The first game console I ever played was a playstation
nintendo, but i liked playstation for awhile, but even though they have alot of games, they have alot of shitty games.

-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz there’s quite a bit
the wii is cheaper. You get what you desire, a game system, if you want a computer, you should just get a computer. This half and half junk is hurting the game industry in my opinion. its gimmicky.

-And at those events whic hardwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

e3? playstation got blown out of the water by the wii. It was embracing. The playstations over heated, although i know it was the enclosure space, but it just showed how much people wanted fun when given a hands on choice.

If all the playstation is, is a xbox 360 with blue ray, or vise versa, I’m going with wii. Game Makers are buzzing about it. That’s a good sign. It means the love that game makers have for making games will be put into the wii. Different types of games will be made, and most of the time their will be no option to port these games to a ps3. Enix is actually delaying talk about kingdom hearts 3 because they want to see how many wiis are sold. If sony cant produce the ps3 fast enuff that means kingdom hearts 3 wont sell a lot of games and they want this to sell as its as big as ff. It wont go to xbox though, because enix doesn’t like the American system much. If sony looses kingdom hearts that’s a punch in the gut. It’s a console seller game. If the cant hold that title, it might be what kills them this console war. Right now sony has jack in terms of games. Good games may come out later, but not now, so judging wii on games out now is just as fickle. Although Zelda will be out on launch and that games going to rock.

i will get you the article about kingdomhearts if i can.

the wii is not for the conservative gamer. You should get whatever system you want to be truthfull, but i will be getting a wii, as it seems to be the system that packs the fun. Saying the wii sucks (not sure if you did say this, but anyway) just shows that you do not know what the system is about or what its trying to do.

nintendo dident get up one day and say crap, our system isent as good as the 360 or ps3. Our graphics will suck donky ****. Oh no.... so close to launch, what do we do?

Nintendo knows what its doing and stoped pandering to the other two systems and may have found the other two systems week points. the other systems are trying to be like computers, while nintendo is trying to be something a computer can never be.

If you get a wii, with zelda and the two rpgs, dragon quest and christal chronicles, by the time you finish 3 games, the really awsome games will be out.

Last edited:
antimatter just seems like he isn't sure. I wouldn't be surprised to suddenly go from xbox 360 to ps3 then back to the wii, and then, back to the 360. If i was him, i'd just wait till all come out and see what i like.

The Nintendo Wii was always designed to be different

Games were designed to be fun, to be played by anyone and to not be concerned with the specs of a console. Nowdays its all about money and who is the better man/console on the market, who is the top dog. I was under the belief that Nintendo wanted to get back to making games fun, fresh and new, thats what they are trying to acheive with the Nintendo Wii. How can they do that if people keep comparing the Nintendo Wii to everything else on the market? I know that, like it or not, Nintendo are in direct competion with Sony and Microsoft and that there is no escaping that, because of this we feel the need to compare. It would be wise to, just like why this thread was started in the first place, to understand that the Nintendo Wii is here to change gaming, to not be just another generic console but something totally different and new. So please dont compare consoles, its not worth it, its just an endless argument and if somebody has made his/her mind up there is proberly no changing it anyway, its their opinion.

...Now for my two cents: I for one will be buying a Wii; for its games, for its new fresh control, and just basically because its trying something new. I have always been a Nintendo fan as well as a Sony fan. I cant play a game unless I know I will enjoy it, naturally like most other people, thats why a game like 'Rayman Raving Rabbids' interests me, I am 21 years old by the way. Since when have games gone from being about enjoying yourself playing to about arguing that 'the graphics are crap' that 'the console cant play cds and dvds' or the endless 'the console is too kiddy orientated'? I think that its absolutely fantastic Nintendo had the balls enough to roll with an idea like this and be confident enough to go against tradition to create a console that will, like it or lump it, proberly be one of the most 'fun' experiences that you will ever have with a games console... :yesnod:

Demon Slayer said:
excuse me its better the paying 600$ like the PS3

But at least i get parts worth the $600 if i were to buy a PS3 haha, Blu ray player alone is still approx $1000 around here. Like I said before, I am no fanboy, I love Nintendo always have, just I can't justify paying $300 for a 700mhz machine. ( I know you will react to me saying this, defending the Wii, but you will not change my opinion :wink: )

Back