This TRUTH will change your [stereotypical/ignorant] views on the Wii!

Edit: though i do disagree about ppl thinking only ps3 and 360 are the 'cool' systems, most ppl i know think wii is right up there if not better than the rest.

Very true. I mentioned I was getting one at work and people asked about it. Soon as I mentioned the Wii-mote they were very interested.

Nice speech but I wouldnt have put the GTA reference in as its not confirmed. Sure rockstar are interested in the wii but it doesnt necessarily mean that GTA is coming. Other than that nice job, its a shame you can get it out to those that havent already decided on getting a wii.

edit - Didnt read all the thread so what ive said might have been done already if it has sorry.

Big_Mill said:
Very true. I mentioned I was getting one at work and people asked about it. Soon as I mentioned the Wii-mote they were very interested.

Nice speech but I wouldnt have put the GTA reference in as its not confirmed. Sure rockstar are interested in the wii but it doesnt necessarily mean that GTA is coming. Other than that nice job, its a shame you can get it out to those that havent already decided on getting a wii.

edit - Didnt read all the thread so what ive said might have been done already if it has sorry.

well, whether or not GTA gets on the Wii, it still signifies what types of games are capable on ending up on the Wii...its a good, but not misleading, example that the Wii will hold games never before released for Nintendo systems, those that are rated "mature" and what not; so whether GTA gets in or not, my point was to show that games like GTA are going to make an appearance for the Wii, not just "kiddie" games like those of the otherp revious Nintendo consoles

It is a shame that my speech will not get to everyone, but people right here on Wii chat are already taking action to get the word out and showing my speech to others (which i encourage) so that they know the truth about the Wii

i showed my friend this speech at school, who was very skeptcal about the Wii and followed every single stereotype u could imagine about it...now, he wants to buy the Wii and may be an active member of this site soon :D i did not make the decision for him, but after i educated him and taught him the truth, he based his decision on what i told him...he is now a Nintendo fanboy more than ever just because he realized the truth and based his decision on the right ideas, not the stereotypical ones

Great speech, well done, everything i could have possibly said in a well put speech, and by the way, the graphics on the wii will have better graphics than the ps2 and x box, probably not by alot, but it will!

xxwiiwiifanxx said:
Great speech, well done, everything i could have possibly said in a well put speech, and by the way, the graphics on the wii will have better graphics than the ps2 and x box, probably not by alot, but it will!

thanks for your comment! and i confirmed already that the graphics will be better than the PS2 and X-Box i believe? anyways, thats not an issue :D and rmemeber, you can send the speech to whoever u want...just as long as u include my name in it (RPGMasterTurk91) and the site i inputed it to (www.wiichat.com)

1. the Wii's graphics will suck

2. the online won't compare to xbox live

3. not very much storage space available

4. only has 480p(not hd, ed) therefore cannot look very good

pizzaluvr said:

I would like to know if you are just posing these questions to give me questions or do u really believe this?

read my speech completely to answer this question

Wel first of all, online on the Wii is different than the X-Box; online for the Wii could range from versing people in 4-playe mario-type games (like mario party) and it will also be inviting to lots of other games, including third party that can be rated "mature" if you're talking about the games with online capability or the actual service of the online play, makes a difference...plus, just to add that the online play will be VERY popular since its free and built in and can be accessed quite easily, unlike the X-Box

actually, for the Wii, there is plenty of gamespace just because wherever you got this information said a low number or room doesnt mean that its actually little--maybe the games take up little space so it doesnt really matter if the number was low or not--maybe lots could still fit in trust me Nintendo thought about this already, they wouldnt leave empty handed with only little space available for the Wii

Actually, it IS gonna look good...Nintendo thought about this already, and for the Wii, 480p is good compatability with the Wii hardware and therefore the graphics will actually be better than expected, not just hte 480p u hear (which is still a lot)

Im never buying a wii for these reasons:

-Horrible graphics (dont try to argue that the game value makes up for them because my next point covers this AND ps3's games have great game values and plots). And yes graphics matter, it adds to the atmosphere and beaty of the game, and realism.
-All the wii games look really boring, no next-gen.
-Gamecube sucked so I am not motivated to get a wii after i played the gamecube
-Controller looks hard to use
-Online gameplay (if any) won't be as good as ps3 and 360's.
-Too many little kid games that dont suit me. Like mario & Monkey ball.
-RE5 wont be on it
-Can it even play cd's and dvd's?
-It wont have as much space available for the discs like in ps3, so the games (i imagine) will be shorter with less content
-I'm 16, nintendo products are good family friendly games and little kid games and im not either of those two, I was brought up playing action packed, gory, intense games
-The first game console I ever played was a playstation
-It lacks the cool features that the other consoles have, like yeah im not gonna give a list of the things it lacks that the other consoles have cuz theres quite a bit
-And at those events whic hwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

Sorry for such a negative poste wii fans, I mean no offence to anyone im just literally replying to the requested thread "why arent u buying a wii" and my reasons are why im not, i dont wanna lie. Im very open about it. Sorry for being such a sony fanboy in this reply, my apologies if iv stirred up anger, just know im not trying to dishearten or threaten anyone. Please dont ban me or anything lol.

Last edited:
Figroti said:
Not sure if this has been siad, I don't have time to rad through all of the posts right now because class is over in like 2 mins, but just a question.. You call Scarface and Grand Theft Auto kiddy?

Do a bit of research before ya go and say something like that ;D

Grand theft auto and scareface are M rated games. M rated games on nintendo products are a minority.Besides i can play both those games on playstation 3.

darthbeaverxp said:
-And at those events whic hwere held where the public could line up to play ps3 and wii (sry i forget the name of the events) i heard that the line was really small for wii, and i read reviews of people that played it, they said some cool things about wii but they all said the graphics lacked and they said ps3 was just amazing so im so sorry its just, hands down, iv had my eye on ps3 for some time now and all my favorite sequels will be on it, along with new badass games.

Its E3 i believe your talking about for the events.
I have to intervene on this part
If i recall i heard the PS3 had barely no line?
Everyone else was at the Nintendo playing the Wii going straight through the PS3 station.
Playing Wii sports but mainly Zelda if i do recall/heard it/read it right.

anyways
Very nice speech/answers there RPG, very informative and well written.
Nicely Done.

Well, I've been on this forum for a while now and I was really excited about the Wii coming out. I even had plans to camp outside of Best Buy on Friday when the Wii is coming out on Sunday.

Anyways, I will now be buying the Xbox 360.

Reasons? While the Wii has more "Mature" games now, it's lineup still consists of mainly "kiddy" games. Look at the games coming out at launch.
This box art at IGN proves it. More than 15 games aimed at kids under 10 and only 11 games that are actually more advanced and aimed at older kids and adults. That's over half of the games for the Wii that are aimed at young kids.

Online; No online until 2007, and even then you have to have friend codes. I know it's one code per console, but still why do you have to type in a huge friend code? I prefer Xbox Live thank you very much.

Graphics; I know you people will flame me for this and say that it's not the graphics, it's the games that make the system! But, graphics add to the gameplay and make the games more fun, as you can see exactly what you are doing in great detail. Physics are also very important.

The Wiimote will be extremely cool first, but will soon get repetetive and will get boring after a while, and tiresome even though you are doing small wrist flicks. Just read some previews on IGN. Look at the videos of Red Steel. Aiming looks like a chore, and the guy looks like his arm is completely messed up.

Console war; Playstation 3 = #1 for it's longterm use. Nintendo Wii = #2 for it's ease of use and intuitive controller. Xbox 360 = #3 but not far behind the Wii.

Anyways, for those interested, I chose the 360 because of the GAMES! Look at all the great games coming out in the next couple of weeks. Next reason, XBOX LIVE! I know people diss it because you have to pay for it, but with all you can do on it, it is well worth the $5 a month that it costs. Online gaming is the way of the future weather you like it or not.

-Antimatter

Last edited:
I see you are all speach less after my arguement! Either that or you went out and bought and Xbox 360 so you have no time to be on the internet.

antimatter said:
I see you are all speach less after my arguement! Either that or you went out and bought and Xbox 360 so you have no time to be on the internet.

Im not convinced, my money is set for ps3. Why isnt RPGmaster doing his job and trying to convince me that my reaons for not getting a wii isnt good enough?

I don't know where he is. If you have the money for the PS3, definately get it. I would if I had that kind of cash.

Back