To Hero or not to Hero:

D34dM4N

How to kill a Deadman
Oct 28, 2011
Six feet down; underneath grass
Wii Online Code
1111-1111-1111-1111
I mostly play Heros. But rarely do I choose to be the Hero when given the option. Mostly cause it's like having a bounty on your head and my teammates are off scurrying around like I would myself normally. But even more so on occasions I notice that I rarely choose to be the Hero when I'm not MI6. I don't know if it's because you get the extra proxys or some other reason, but it's always how I seem to react. I don't really care for the AK-47, and the Masterton does just fine(so I will choose to then, but again, rarely), but I'm not so great at defending a position by myself unless it has only one entrance.

So I guess what I'm asking is; do you do this too, and if so, or not, why? How well can you defend for yourself if you're not in a party of friends, and do you have the same MI6 bias that I do?

Cheers!

I'll hero if i'm confident my team will at least provide some support, though I most likely will not hero if i'm in a sniper map like outpost or memorial. It also depends on whether or not the other team is toobing or using proximity mines.

Well, MI6 with James Bond defintely have a distinct advantage with his proxys.
The other heroes aren't up to par. Though i do enjoy playing with Trevelyan.
His Vargen seems to be how the gun is supposed to work.

As for myself, i hate it when my team spawns heroes. I myself almost always w8 with becoming the hero till when our team has a sufficient lead. I know it's craven, and cowardly, but it's effective.

I rarely be hero but when I do I play as Bond.Stay thirsty my friends.

i think ge reloaded did it right, it automatically heroes for you when its your turn so there is always a hero on both teams. i hero almost every chance i get. All heroes are better than what you currently have based sheerly on the size of the reticule the hero has, and i believe each hero has better armor and speed than is available to normal players. It what the mode was designed for, if you arent going to hero then you should probably play team conflict.

I agree w/ Woadie on some level, but it's also like saying; don't play if you're gonna host quit, or because there are host quitters out there. Just because I don't want to give up 10 points or 50xp to the opponent doesn't diminish gameplay.
As far as Zanapher's and RedCrow's comments, it sounds like there's no depenability in teammates. Which to me is the reason why I won't usually choose to be the Hero.

I agree w/ Woadie on some level, but it's also like saying; don't play if you're gonna host quit, or because there are host quitters out there. Just because I don't want to give up 10 points or 50xp to the opponent doesn't diminish gameplay.
As far as Zanapher's and RedCrow's comments, it sounds like there's no depenability in teammates. Which to me is the reason why I won't usually choose to be the Hero.

I understand the competitive side of it. and if i play a whole game heroing often, and the other team doesnt hero at all, i likely wont hero the next game. but on the other hand if none of my team are heroing, then i will hero every chance i get in order to make it fair.

Also, if nobody hero's then the game usually times out before a score of 120 is reached. so you probably could've played 2 games in that amount of time.

I hero when given the option. Even if the other team does not, at least I can have honor in knowing I did not whimpout!

On second thought, I do wait for a strategic moment to become hero. When given the option I look for a clutch of enemy and hero when have them in my sight.

Last edited:
I'll add that in my case much depends on the maps.
When i'm playing on a map i 'like'. I tend to hero (and in case i'm playing goldeneye) hack more often.

I hero when given the option. Even if the other team does not, at least I can have honor in knowing I did not whimpout!

I take more honor in knowing I got more Xp than my opponent, winning the match is just cherries on the icing. And I don't consider it whimping out when I kill a hero w/ all these "benifits" stated above. Besides, I only said I seldom choose to hero, not that I never, and that I had a MI6 bias.

I'll add that in my case much depends on the maps.
When i'm playing on a map i 'like'. I tend to hero (and in case i'm playing goldeneye) hack more often.

And I'm right there with ya, RedCrow. Not only do I have a Bond bias, but I'm picky about boards I'll spawn hero in too.

He won WWII and got the US out of the Depression. Fans of FDR, and I'm one of them, prefer to ignore his pretty bad human rights record.

Ok, This is just weird.wtf?
also, FYI "wholesale" and "dropship" are just links to two chinese online retailers.

Last edited:

Spam bot loves to spam.

Random, senseless posts like that which pertain little, or nothing at all, to the subject at hand show up all the time so that mods who're retarded/skim REALLY quickly won't notice 'em. Prinny 'n I tend to get them before they're seen, but... Yeah. 8:30 AM. >_>;

Whenever ya notice bots, just report at least one of their posts and ignore 'em pl0x.

Last edited:
So I've changed my tune. I'm hittin Hero more and more these days for no reason at all. I don't know if it's peer pressure or what, but I am. Even on boards I'm not completely comfortable with, or games my team's winning. I figured **** it, I got a 56 profile, why not douche around like everybodyelse does, and have a lil' fun gettin excited that everybody wants to kill a deadman...:p:mushroomlife:

I usually don't hero because I suck and I don't think it is fair to my team... but then again I don't play in the hero mode very often either.

Back