TP wii rating vs. TP GC rating

i dont think i got the best version they just said the graphics on wii are better than the ones on GCN

gamespot is weird the gamecube got a higher rating but it says the wii version is better.

psychono2 said:
i dont think i got the best version they just said the graphics on wii are better than the ones on GCN
If by saying "they" you mean Nintendo...then you are wrong.
Nintendo never said the graphics would be better. They only said they would be the same because its a Gamecube port. Its true the Wii has more graphical capabilities, but Zelda does not show the Wii's power.

I think Wii version got a lower rating than the GC version, even though Gamespot said Wii version was better was because the TP for the Wii didn't wasn't made to the Wii's full potential. Since the wii is capable of much better graphics than what TP has to offer, it got a slightly lower rating.

BTW, for those who think Wii version has better graphics than the GC version, you guys are wrong. The graphics are roughly the same.

psychono2 said:
by they i meant arcadium

If any of you didn't know, the GameCube version, doesn't have the same graphics as the Wii, the Wii version, was passed from the gamecube a year ago, and they improved a bit in ilumination, controlls and a little bit on graphics.

If you look at the Wii version, and you compare it with the GameCube version, you will notice that yes, it does have a lot of best quality and stuff than the gamecube one.

In that year, they improved the ilumination, graphics, quality in the characters and the cut scenes.

I read that like 2 weeks ago in a nintendo source.

its was made with the gamecube hardware stop trying to make excuses with the only good game on the wii even tho its a port, if it was made with the wii hardware you would be able to notice alot more diffrent, not just abit, unless people are right about it being a gamecube? it was made with the wii hardware and the graphics are not better the slightest bit, unless you have component cables, even then it makes it a little clearer, the original gamecube version owns anything the wii has to offer now, the only good game wii has to offer is zelda but they had to take that from the gamecube, the wii is a great machine but the launch line up is poor, there just mostly ports, the gamecube version is excellent:wink:

ok, originally it was a gamecube title as we all know but as the guy from ign said you can see that it was concentrated more on the wii version half way through the game.although it is personal opinion. most people that say the gamecube version is better has just seen videos or screenshots of the wii version and dont know the major difference that it makes to swing the remote instead of pressing the A button.Stop feeling depressed if u dont have a wii yet and got it for gamecube because it still is a decent game for gamecube but as the guy from ign said itchanged half way and u would relive they put more thought in the wii version.the wii controler is not slow at all unless you are a lazy fat person(ps3 people)

Last edited:
each to there own, but it was made from gamecube hardware, and they decided on the wii version and just changed the controls and ported it over, i know you wii fanboys dont like anything negative said about the wii system, but the gamcube doesnt deserve to be downgraded coz it doesnt have a wii mote,lol, gamecube is an impressive system and zelda tp shows this

I can't believe my topic led to a debate on which version is better. But oh well.

IMO no version is better than the other. They're just unique and different.
If someone likes the classic controls better, then he/she would like the GC version better. If someone wants to try the new controls with the Wiimote, then he/she would like the Wii version. For me I would like to try the Wii version, but I bought the GC version cuz I don't have Wii.

whitesnake said:
each to there own, but it was made from gamecube hardware, and they decided on the wii version and just changed the controls and ported it over, i know you wii fanboys dont like anything negative said about the wii system, but the gamcube doesnt deserve to be downgraded coz it doesnt have a wii mote,lol, gamecube is an impressive system and zelda tp shows this
wouldn't u want a new system to play it on because once u get the wii you'd want to play games on the wii and whats the point in getting it on gc and also controling link is more fun:ihih: and hes right it is personal opinion on which controller u like best

I like them both, so I'm not going to say which one I like better.

Wii ) The Controls are more fluant, and after aiming with the controller, it's hard to go back to the control stick. A con is that you can't change the camera angle like you could in Wind Waker. It resembles Ocarina of Time where you have to use 'Z' to focus the camera behind Link. The Widescreen and improved framerate (with better graphics with the component cables) make it look beautiful.

GCN) First of all, it's the original. The maps are all the way developers intended, but that doesn't change much. It depends on what one you play first, or if you're a fan who is appalled that Link is right-handed in the Wii version. The fairy cursor isn't included, which is wonderful. That thing gets on my nerves, and if you choose the option to get rid of it, you can't use a cursor in the menus and aiming with items such as the Clawshot and Bow.

I believe both deserve equal scores, besides the fact that the Wii version is far behind in terms of graphics compared to what it could have been. On the GCN, the graphics are top-notch for the Gamecube.

I'd say the wii version is better because even if the graphics are the same, the component cables make it better. Plus the wiimote kills the gamecube controller. :ciappa:

Back