Transfering VC Games

Eleron said:
Doesn't matter how many SD cards/size of your SD cards. If you back up data to an SD card, then want to back up the same data to that SD card again, you have to delete the first set of data before copying.

yes i'm aware of that, but having multiple cards allows you to make progressive game saves without risking all your progress by overwriting your only 'safe' savepoint. I agree it's not an ideal solution, like the ability to make multiple saves onto a single media would have been, but that's how it is. I'm just looking to find solutions while operating within the constraints of the setup, not bitching about it.

brake open ur old wii and get the memory adn replace it with ur new ones :) lol

Now, i hate to say this, but if you can put the VC games on an SD card, then can't you store them on your computer? And if you store them on your computer, then don't you think someone is going to try and tinker with the file to allow for it to be played on more than 1 Wii? i know its wrong, but let's face it, someone out there is going to try and create a program to crack VC games. Unless nintendo has some was of preventing it from happening, your problems might just be answered.

captainff said:
yes i'm aware of that, but having multiple cards allows you to make progressive game saves without risking all your progress by overwriting your only 'safe' savepoint. I agree it's not an ideal solution, like the ability to make multiple saves onto a single media would have been, but that's how it is. I'm just looking to find solutions while operating within the constraints of the setup, not bitching about it.

So what you guys are saying is that we can't even overwrite things on SD card? We first have to delete the file and THEN save a new one? Why is that?

Trace said:
Wow rumors spread like wild fire. This is what I've learned talking to a patient nintendo. They DO have track of registered games through each individuals Nintendo profile, you know, on Nintendo.com. Ok, so you did register your Wii for that extended contract through Nintendo, right? Remember that log in and password? Yeah, it works on the Wii.

Firstly - thank you so much for pointing out this information in such a friendly and non-condescending way! Unfortunatly there's just a couple of little problems in what you're saying!

As I've already indicated in my first post in this thread - I'm from Australia. The offer/registration on nintendo.com you are referring too is only open to residents of the US and Canada! And before you ask - no.... there's way to register your wii on nintendo.com.au.

Oh - and I'm happy for you that you received such a friendly quote from nintendo! My quote wasn't so friendly! My quote was a flat-out no - it cannot be done!

I can assure you - my experiance is not wild rumor - my experiance is cold hard facts! I bought a wii..... I had to get my wii replaced.... nintendo told my there was no way to keep my VC games.

MasterJedi2U said:
So what you guys are saying is that we can't even overwrite things on SD card? We first have to delete the file and THEN save a new one? Why is that?

Yes - that's correct Master!

So what are most people using them for? To store your VC stuff? Does it store the acutal ENTIRE game on it OR just a SAVE of a game? And when you store it in your SD Card does that remove the games "channel" pic on the Menu Screen? Thanks in advance for all answers...

MasterJedi2U said:
So what are most people using them for? To store your VC stuff? Does it store the acutal ENTIRE game on it OR just a SAVE of a game? And when you store it in your SD Card does that remove the games "channel" pic on the Menu Screen? Thanks in advance for all answers...
can do, if you want. save VC channel AND save game to SD and delete both from system memory.. when you want them back just copy them back over..

Yeah the way they have saving data is really messed up. It seems like it is a real pain in the a$$ to back all of your games up. You have to first delete everything off of your sd card and go through and re-save all of your data onto the sd card again. they better come out with an easier way of doing this.

ie. the usb port on the back and oh lets say an external HD with a system update to have a system backup?

i think they should have added more to the wii mote.. even toss an SD card in that.. then you would dowload your stuff to your wiimote instead.. games saves,VC games,mii stats... all of that when you go play at a friends you take your wiimote and you dvd games.. thats it... not the whole console each time... so much could be packed into it.. onboard speaker... hmm play your mp3's on your wii mote.. hopefully it will eventually end up like a friken iphone in the end.. a mixture of phone,DS games, all your console info, and personal entertainment on the go.. its the road we are headed.. all your gadgets in one small device.. and it controlls the big gadgets around you the way you like... ahh the future takes too long

Free Wii Points

Why worry about losing VC games when you can get wii point cards for free? I have recieved 6 free wii cards and a classic controller for absolutly nothing. All you have to do is go to http://www.*****************/?ref=4806, create a user name, fill out a couple of surveys, and you can easily get free wii stuff. I reccomend to do the True.com free trial. It's easy and is very easy to cancel and you won't be billed for anything. Please use link above because I get points for anyone who signs up.

Back