Traveling with a Wii - Getting Through Airport Security

I agree, airports should give you no problems with yr consoles and as reading the other posts it seems yr worries are gone.

yungblood6 said:
Dude get real they are not going to stop you for this. then if you want to put it in a suit case get a lock for it. they sell suitcase locks in the airport if you don't have one. they make you turn labtops and phones on because they are communication devices that can trigger other things. i have traveld with psp, xbox and other systems and have never had a problem ever. my cousin got more problems then me with all his piercings they almost made him strip. my father too with his knee, i just walked through with no problems.

I get hassled more riding the grey hound cross country every stop they want to check my bag and frisk me as im waiting to get on or as im getting off the bus for drugs and guns. That was the most degrading experience of my life.

Oh, I know all about that, but only when I'm traveling through Salt Lake. Every other city, from the south to the west never gave me any problems. Btw, I hate layover's in Denver. Last year I got stuck in a blizzard and my layover ended up being 12 hours. All I had was my iPod and Tetris on my phone. In between keeping myself occupied with Tetris and the occasional 30min nap, I had the luxury of listening to about eight different life stories ranging from how one made it through the border to one man's philosophies on polygamy. Greyhound Denver experiences drive me crazy. But all in all, I do enjoy myself.

i have never tried this but i think it might work.....

go to your airline's website, go to surcurity or something like that. then try to go to their restricted item's list and see if wii is in there. if not try to e-mail them. just something that i thought might help.

I'm in the limo on the way back from the airport. Security gave me no problems. As the earlier reply mentioned, they have a sign in the security line saying that you need to take out laptops, video cameras, and any full sized gaming consoles (as opposed to, say, a DS).

So, no problems. :)

Back