Wii camping thread!!!

Kumoriken said:
Really, that's still not fair. The Obviously, someone who lives in New York or something would have a CLEAR advantage over someone who lives in... Oh, say... Hawaii... >.<

I HAVE A CLEAR ADVANTAGE! HOOPLAH! =D

I have a way to make the contest fair. How about we make a thread, and everybody posts their pics. Then, everybody votes which one best fits the criteria given.

Jenova said:

I have a way to make the contest fair. How about we make a thread, and everybody posts their pics. Then, everybody votes which one best fits the criteria given.
I like the idea

Jenova said:

JENOVA COMES THROUGH ONCE AGAIN! ^.^ Praise ye' Jenova! ^.^ *Glomp*
MetroidZ said:
its not photoshoped. its macromedia fireworked

Actually... Umm... Photoshopped... In eight seconds. xD

Kumoriken said:
JENOVA COMES THROUGH ONCE AGAIN! ^.^ Praise ye' Jenova! ^.^ *Glomp*

Actually... Umm... Photoshopped... In eight seconds. xD

I have an eye for Photoshop. It took you exactly 8.93 seconds, while you were drinking Mountain Dew. You were using Photoshop 11.32!

Jenova said:
I have an eye for Photoshop. It took you exactly 8.93 seconds, while you were drinking Mountain Dew. You were using Photoshop 11.32!
Err... Yes? Sure! Yeah! The great Jenova strikes agian! >.< That was the wrong saying-like thingy. >.<

Kumoriken said:
Err... Yes? Sure! Yeah! The great Jenova strikes agian! >.< That was the wrong saying-like thingy. >.<

You can call me "King of all that is in this world and the other 3.48 worlds next door to us!"

Eh, kinda sorry we got side-tracked from the topic. ^.^;

I'll be bringing some stuff and my camera. Someone should make a thread with their Wii next to their TV or something and in the line at the store

COLDshiver said:
I'll be bringing some stuff and my camera. Someone should make a thread with their Wii next to their TV or something and in the line at the store

Are we able to attach videos to this site, directly from our computer? Or do we need to use Youtube?

Yea im gona beg my dad to bring me to ebgames at 5:00 a.m. and wait by the mall to go to eb LOL. i hope he says yes! *crosses fingas*

Well, here's my plan:

1) Wake up around 9 AM
2) Take a shower/eat/whatever
3) Get my stuff ready (food, drinks, DS, laptop, that stuff)
4) Get to Wal-mart at 12:00 PM (Noon)
5) Go to the camping department
6) Get some chairs
8) Go the the Instrument department
9) Get a guitar
10) Go to the Electronics department
11) Sit, wait, play DS, go on the laptop, and play lots of guitar
12) At Midnight, get Wii!

Not to mention, angrily send stares to the cashier before I get the Wii, trying to break them down.

Hmmmmm i would camp out but i dont see the point lol i got it reserved safely for me so ye and since i only pre ordered it today and me being the first person is sorta a good sign lol

The next time I go camping, I will...

...Bring a blanket.
Yup, I was driving home from work on Thursday afternoon, and the gamestop I typically buy from was on the way. I'd been anticipating getting up and getting in line at about 3:30 am on Friday, but I decided to pass by and confirm that the store was receiving units. So I pulled in, and asked the employee whether people were getting excited for it. How many preorders they were expecting, etc. He said, probably exaggerating, that this particular store had received around 300 preorders for Wii-Zelda. And by the time I was speaking to him on Thursday, 5:00pm, someone was already waiting. So I pretty much told myself at that moment that I was sticking around. Anyway it was just me and this one kid for about two hours, until he started getting antsy and left. He went home to sleep, stinking punk :wtf: , but promised to be back by 10:30pm. So there I was standing at attention at the front of the line for about 2 hours, all by myself, occassionally going inside to talk to the employees and keep warm. So the next people didn't show up until about 11:00. And before that every time someone pulled in after closing I would dart out from my truck and return to my place at the front of the line.:ciappa: So ultimately about eight people showed up before midnight. All of us standing behind a huge piece of paper on which was crudely etched, "Wii line starts here."
Everyone else brought sleeping bags, food, water, pillows, laptops, etc. All I had was my truck and my ipod, and there was no way in :mad5: that I was going home to get a blanket. So I quickly ran over to a neighborhood Smiths, bought a Rockstar and ran back, thinking another ten people would have arrived, but there was nobody. It was pretty quiet for the next 7 hours. About ten people showed up, pushing our numbers to 18, and that kid that showed up before me showed about 3:00 am. It was about 40 degrees outside, I was pacing to keep from shivering, and mumbling incoherently due to all the caffeine I'd taken in. But we chatted away, randomly quoting the entirety of Anchorman to keep ourselves awake.
Morning came, and within the dawn hours, 5-8, another 6 people showed up, making a total of 24. And we were so freaking excited for sunlight and warmth.
Once it hit 7:30, all the little kids started coming out. I'd say about fifteen showed up and 12 left, because the store hadn't opened yet. The three that remained were little line butters. Me and about seven others, who had been there all night, just stared at those kids, because without fail, every ten minutes, the kids would come up to the front of the line and just get comfortable, and after about two minutes of the kids getting closer and closer to that door, we'd think up some ridiculous way to tell them to leave, which almost always ended with this 300 pound kid threatening them with bodily harm if they didn't get back to the end of the line.
So anyway, the gamestop employees showed up around eight, and just paced inside the store for an hour. The whole time, we eight, just had our faces pressed up against the front window, staring in. Nine o'clock rolled around and a gamestop employee, with a cigarette in one hand and a hot pocket in another showed up and told us to get into the order in which we showed up. Thankfully we had a sign up sheet that everybody had to sign upon arriving, to stop any potential line butters. Twenty minutes later the employee came outside with a stack of papers for everyone, which consisted of two pieces of paper and a business card with a number on it. I received number 2 :cool:, and everyone else in my little group received papers too. We watched as the emp. slowly made his way to the back, as we anxiously waited to see who was going to get screwed. And.... everyone got papers, all twenty-seven, even the freakin' twelve year olds that showed up at 8:30 am. We were kind of miffed, so we asked how many units the store had received, and the emp told us 28. I only wish I'd come later.
Anyway there we sat, at about 9:30, filling out these papers, and watched as about 10 middle aged dudes showed up, banged on the windows, and gave the gamestop emps looks of shock as they turned them away. One guy got pretty mad, and banged hard against the window until the emp came to the door to pretty much tell him that he had to leave the premises. He said that he'd called and that another employee had said they had one left. So according to him he rushed out of bed (even though he was perfectly groomed) and ran down to the store to get the last one, and still got screwed.:lol:
Anyway, ten oclock rolled around, and they started the process. They called in number 1, and I anxiously awaited number 2. And as soon as that door opened again I rushed in, barely conscious, and paid for the system in full. I put down 5 bucks on the Rayman Rabbids and Excite truck and asked if my copy of Zelda was still paid in full. They said yes, and told me that there were two items that I really should get before leaving: the controller charger and one-year warranty. Evidently you absolutely need the charger or your nunchuk will run out of juice, which sounded very fishy. Anyway, 318 dollars later I was happy, and off to work without a minute of sleep. Last night I got home, had some Raman, and immediately puked it back up. That's what I get for not bringing a blanket and sitting out in the 40 degree weather for 16 hours straight.
Thankfully it's over and I won't have to be one of those idiots that has to stand out in line in the snow on November 19th. I may be sick now, but I'd sooner be sick than dead.

Kumoriken said:
>.> Doesn't anyone else get the fact that it's really unfair? Every other state in the U.S. is gonna have their GameStop and EB Games stores open at least 3 hours earlier than here. I won't try THAT hard to stop you. 'S just not that fair for people like me who live in Hawaii and such. (And people who live on the west coast of the U.S., considdering that New York is WAY ahead of them. xP)

So you might not be able to win the contest, so what! You have the distinct advantage of living in Hawaii. It'd be no skin off your back to camp out for 24 hours. It will get down to what, 60 degrees? Meanwhile, us suckers out in the Midwest and East Coast will probably be facing 20 degrees and snow!

SoxFan13 said:
So you might not be able to win the contest, so what! You have the distinct advantage of living in Hawaii. It'd be no skin off your back to camp out for 24 hours. It will get down to what, 60 degrees? Meanwhile, us suckers out in the Midwest and East Coast will probably be facing 20 degrees and snow!
>.> Hell if I'm camping out... I pre-ordered mine. And how the hell is that an advantage? Even if heat was a key element in the contest, my body temperature has adjusted itself to the average temperature here, so it's pretty much the same temperature change as you have over there.

Back