question for those who have camped out for a wii

blarbel

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
ok..so as of now i would give my pinky finger for a wii. i live in a rather small town...but no matter when i look all stores are sold out of wiis.so i was planning on getting to gamestop early on friday which is the day they think they will have them. now im not going to camp out for 12 hours..i was thinking about they open at 7..maybe get there at 5...what would you all suggest?

You actually probably don't have to get there extremely early. I would say maybe 2-3 hours before opening time? But, if you're in the Midwest or just pretty high North in general, I would pack super warmly.

But, just to make sure, I would drive by every hour or two until midnight to make sure there isn't a line. Because as soon as a line of 3 people forms, it can really jump to a huge line.

Last edited:
I went to a local Toys R Us early the day they said they were getting some. im pretty sure i was a good 3-4 hours there before opening. i was the first one there in the parking lot and didnt bother to get out until about 30 min before opening. the trick is. being there when the first person decides to get online. cause when that happens. it seems to start a rush of all the other people there as well. but yeah. i managed to get 5th in line. but the store got 70 Wii's in. lol. i coulda came there about 5 min before opening and would have still gotten one. oh well. better safe then sorry. but hey, if you dont get one. be sure to just continually call all around. and youll get your break. this might be it now so good luck to ya.

If your going to camp out for a wii make sure they are getting a shipment that day and then just go when an hour or so before they open

People are still having trougle getting them?

I got mine this summer without calling around.
I just walked into K-mart and got it in the middle of the day.

I got there five hours before opening and was sencond in line, so you could probably get their 2-3 hours before and still get one.

Heheh, yeah, I felt like I'd give my pinky finger for a Wii too before I had mine. ;)

Wow, I dont think Australia has this problem at all. I was gonna camp out for my Wii, cos the purchase decision was so late i didnt get time to preorder it. So me and a mate got to the shops one hour before they opened and got it hassle free.

Back