Turbo CD and Turbo Duo comming to Vc

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
I would post a link but I'm on my wii. It's on IGN though under news. I haven't heard much about these systems but variety is good!
I guess Street Fighter premiered on the Turbo Cd. I would like to see the original Street Fighter!

Last edited:
Street Fighter was ported to TurboGrafx-CD from it's arcade version but yeah, if we're destined to see it on VC this is where it'll probably show up. But, since it's out on PSP right now, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The only games worth getting excited over, that spring to mind, is the Y's series.

I would like to see Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

Backwards Man said:
I guess Street Fighter premiered on the Turbo Cd. I would like to see the original Street Fighter!

You wouldn't say that if you'd played it. I can honestly say it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

Napalmbrain said:
I would like to see Castlevania: Rondo of Blood.

You wouldn't say that if you'd played it. I can honestly say it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

Thanks for destroying my excitment! Was it still a fighting game? I heard you could only play with Ryu and Ken? Is that true?

It was a fighter, but it was nothing like Street Fighter II. It was 2 player, the first player had to be Ryu and the second player had to be Ken. They both used the same moves (Hadoken, Shoryuken and Hurricane Kick) which were damn near impossible to pull off, unlike their relatively easy SFII counterparts.

You traveled to five countries and fought two fighters in each country in a best of three match, pretty typical affair.

The game is pretty bland to be honest, and I'm a street fighter junkie. If you live within 15 minutes of an arcade, or have access to a SF II game on any console then there really is no reason to play this one. (And you have access to TWO sf II games on the VC.)

Sorry to shatter your dreams. :(

On an interesting note, the original SF arcade game used pressure sensitive buttons to determine how strong your punches and kicks were... this led to many, many broken buttons.

You had Ryu and Ken as the only playable ones, and they fought against

Retsu
Geki
Joe
Mike
Lee
Gen
Birdie
Eagle
Adan
Sagat

They weren't all in SF2, but I think most (if not all) have been in the one game or another.

A few of them showed up in the Street Fighter Alpha series, Sagat of course came back for Street Fighter 2, and some were simply never seen again.

Back