Two new games this week...Sept. 10 - never heard of them.

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
Supposedly two new games this week...have you heard of them?

Sept. 11 - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Arc System Works' high-resolution fighter returns with an entirely retuned fighting system, new stages, new characters, graphics, voices and the ability to create matches between old and new characters in the Generations Mode. Rock on with over 20 deadly combatants, including 2 new characters! All of your favorite characters have returned with new moves and an alternate EX version of each. Accent Core also introduces 2 reinvented fighters, A.B.A and Order-Sol that have never been seen outside of Japan. Also, look for a refined fighting game system with 3 new gameplay systems!

Sept. 14 - Anubis II
Long ago, an evil and twisted spirit known as Mumm'hotep plunged the Land of Egypt into Darkness. Many had thought was forever destroyed, but the evil spirit has risen again and taken physical form. A 'Pharaohs Curse' has been placed over the fastest, strongest and most poisonous of Egypt's inhabitants and is holding his once peaceful civilisation in its hands! The situation has become so terrible that the Gods have called on the only warrior that could rid the sands of these evil monsters and return peace to Egypt... The mighty Anubis.
You must take control of Anubis, as he embarks on his quest to save Egypt from the terrifying Curse of the Pharaohs! Along his journey, Anubis will encounter deadly locusts, snapping stone statues, maniac mummies, skeletons and many other monsters from both the Egyptian Underworld and living inhabitants possessed by the evil spirits. Can Anubis overcome the test that has been placed before him and bring peace back to Ancient Egypt…only you hold the power to succeed!

Any info or insight on these? Will they be worth playing?

I dont think so. I never heard of them. I played guilty gear a bit but I didnt like it as much

I loved Guilty Gear on the PS2. Not getting it for the Wii though :/ Looks pretty much the same

Thanks but no thanks on those titles, they just don't seem all that interesting, anybody actually getting them?

iv heard of both the titles but not read in depth of them i use this site

www.wiisworld.com which has a total list of upcoming releases, and some screenshots an info on them, (trust ,me they have every game i think) check it out

I kept an eye on GG XX, but the series never appealed to me. With smash bros and soul calibur on their way and I don't think I have room in my library for accent core. But, if you love 2-d Fighters and don't own any GG games, and don't like arcades then you might as well pick this one up.

I have no idea about Anubis II... 6 days from release and there's no media or articles available on it, even on the publisher's website. I was looking through their other games though, and they haven't done anything really worthwhile yet. I think it's best to let this one slip into the bargain bin. :yesnod:

Guilty Gear is a Grand Fighting game.

Anubis II looks like it should have been released for N64. It'd going to be a budget $19.99 title geared towards a younger audience most likely.

Anubis 2 was released 1 or 2 years ago for the PS2, it's ported.. not really a grand game worth porting though. Not a huge fan of the Guilty Gear series myself but they are quite popular aren't they?

I guess Guilty Gear has been pushed back to October....so if you had a hard time deceiding between the two...it's just Annibus this week!

Back