UK, USA game release dates

Chute

very low idiot tolerance
Aug 18, 2007
oxford
almost definitely been asked before but I did a couple of searches and couldnt find much.

my question is... why do we in the UK have to wait for games? I'm off down town later to spend some xmas money and fancied mohh2 as I've read a lot on here about it, but lo and behold I have to wait until february.

why is that? clearly the game is finished, so why delay?

Im in Liverpool so am in the same boat as you and its so frustrating.

I think it has something to do with converting it to PAL which is harder to do than to NTSC.

Worst of all Brawl might not be out until July/August!!

Hah, we just have PAL as standard, and so do the rest of Europe. It's quicker for the company to just put a lot of languages into one version, even though none of us likes it. Shouldn't you be getting used to it after all of these years?

Mind you it can't take that long to translate...

The conversion from NTSC to PAL is the main reason behind the delay, but added to that are the multiple translations for different countries within Europe. I am pretty sure that the English version of the game could be released after minor adjustments have been made to the US version, but the publishers want to release the game within Europe at the same time.

Frogger said:
Actually, all our games have American English, so much for making an effort.
Good point. I forgot that most of our games arrive with the letter "U" missing in "Colour" and other such careful "translations". :lol:

because they release it as an european release and they have to translate the game into different languages

yeah I should, and to be honest, 'am' used to it.

I blame this forum, before I used to look at the 'coming up' list on Game to see when stuffs due out, but when you read so much on here about how great a game is you kind of forget and just assume that a small percentage of the stuff you're reading is written by brits.

This is true. I was lucky enough to have a job that meant I travelled round Europe a lot. I dont speak another language but it wasnt a problem because everyone can speak english, except the french. Well, thats not actually true, the french can speak english, they just wont, especially not to an englishman :)

Yeah I know I should not rely on everyone else to speak my language but I think most will agree, 'english' is universal, and I did learn the most important thing in a lot of languages - how to say 'thank you'

Back