UK, USA game release dates

Chute said:
almost definitely been asked before but I did a couple of searches and couldnt find much.

my question is... why do we in the UK have to wait for games? I'm off down town later to spend some xmas money and fancied mohh2 as I've read a lot on here about it, but lo and behold I have to wait until february.

why is that? clearly the game is finished, so why delay?

Most games are by nintendo based in Japan, so japan almost always gets 1st dibs on everything (Wii was developed by NOA, so It was released in America 1st). They then have to get the American and European game developers to make the games in their respective region, because the Wii is region locked. If you were to buy an American Version of MOHH2 on ebay or something for a Wii you bought in England, it wouldn't work.

Chute said:
This is true. I was lucky enough to have a job that meant I travelled round Europe a lot. I dont speak another language but it wasnt a problem because everyone can speak english, except the french. Well, thats not actually true, the french can speak english, they just wont, especially not to an englishman :)

Yeah I know I should not rely on everyone else to speak my language but I think most will agree, 'english' is universal, and I did learn the most important thing in a lot of languages - how to say 'thank you'

Seeing as I live in America, in the southwest, its full of immigrants from Mexico (many of them illegals), learning spanish was a very useful skill. For instance, now whenever I go through teh drivethrough at McDonald's, I can say "Yo quisiera un numero uno, por favor" instead of "I want a number one meal" and having the person ask over and over again in horrible english with a shitty accent what I wanted. I can also tell what the maids at hotels are saying (caught them plotting to steal from my room once :lol: )

With spanish and english, I can speak to nearly everyone on the western hemisphere

Frogger said:
Hah, we just have PAL as standard, and so do the rest of Europe. It's quicker for the company to just put a lot of languages into one version, even though none of us likes it. Shouldn't you be getting used to it after all of these years?

Mind you it can't take that long to translate...

What's PAL?

Back