Usb Connecter Problems. Need Help!

Ninja soccer mom

WiiChat Member
Jun 15, 2007
Before Giving me instructions, please take into consideration that I am not a huge genius when it comes to setting up wireless mumbo jumbo. I dont know much about it so try not to be too detailed. I have all of the required things for my Nintendo usb to work and it seems to work quite good until I have a connection test. It recognizes my wii and It lets me give it permission to connect and all, but it will NOT connect to the internet for some wierd reason. I have turned off my firewall, my virus scan, taken all devices that could interrupt the connection out of the room,etc. and the connection still isnt there.
any help please?

Well my wii is less than 5 feet away from the connector, and ive placed the wii in lots of different places and it still wont work. I dont think there is anything wrong or wierd with my connection though. I have a normal COX internet connection, so i dont know what the problem is.

SO you have your USB Wi Fi installed on your PC and you have the USB donger thing plugged into the USB port on the back of your PC ? and the wii can find the access point, but it wont connect to it ?

Last edited:
billcsho said:
Did you turn on the Internet Connection Sharing on your computer?
Haha well ive tried.
Im pretty sure its sharing a connection but il have to check.
I keep getting error code 51040 and even when i have restarted my computer, its still not working. im seriously about to rip chunks of hair out of my head right now.

Nah.
I have windows xp and im hooked up with a linksys wireless g. i keep getting codes like 51040 and 52140 and 52132. its annoying me.

OH !!!! I KNOW!

Just go into your wireless router. And change the channel to 1 or 11

Bet you 10 bucks that your channel is set to 6, factory default.

If you dont know how to access your wireless router controls, just look in the book or manual. You access them through your computer, which im sure you already know since you've turned off your Firewall, but just incase you didnt, theres no switch to change the router channels on the router itself.

So i dont understand why you said "USB problems" if you have a wireless router, then the wii's wireless will hook itself up to it.

I bet your router settings are still at factory default 6. GOOD LUCK. tell us how it turns out.

Also, if your using a wireless router, set up a wireless connection on your wii menu internet options, dont go into any of the USB options stuff.

Last edited:
How do i change the channel.
i know it sounds like a dumb question, but im not very smart when it comes to this stuff.

What linksys do you have. I mean whats your Model number ETC. Once i know that i can find out what your default IP address is, then i can tell you how to access your Router controls.

Back