Very angering story.. somone help me! (with the nintendo LAN adaptor)

chillydog

Wii Master
Nov 21, 2007
Wii Online Code
6770-3535-9119-3099
ok so just got a new Nintendo LAN adaptor today.. got an error code saying i couldnt get on to the interne. ok, so i look online and do what it says.. nothing worked. so i called the nintendo support number. the first guy was helping me do stuff thought it was gonna work, but nothing happened. called another person, told me to get a callback from a special tech. person, but im not 18 and i didnt have a parent around so they told me to call back when there was a parent around. my parents came home, called the number back asked to get a callback, and the person tells me that wont be neccesary, and there was something wrong with my LAN adaptor, EVEN THO no one else said there was and i had owned one perviously that got the same error codes but i took that one bak because it was datel and not nintendo's. so now they are sending me a new one, even tho its probably not gonna do any good!!!:mad5: so now i have to wait even longer for a new one.. thats gonna prolly give me the same results!! (i have high speed internet(RR), im connected directly to my modem, ive tried recycling the modem 3 times, tried all the different setting up techniques, NOTHING WORKED!!) please if someone can help me.. do so im begging you, tell me ow you got your Nintendo LAN adaptor (yes its the grey one with the logo on it) to work.:mad5: :frown2:

like you read on one of my other posts, you may need a router to copy/use your PC's MAC address. that is with cable internet.

do you have cable or dsl? sorry, you didnt specify
cable uses a cable line identical to your cable television
dsl uses a phone line identical to your telephone

well its cable, but no one said i needed one. they said it wasn't necessary

it depends on the internet provider. here's some reading for you. once you get a router, pay attention to the "Finding the MAC address of a PC's network interface" and the "Cloning a MAC address into the WAN port of a router" sections
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/macaddr.html

vonage eplaining mac address cloning better than i can. made it simple.
http://www.vonage.ca/help.php?article=1159&category=44&nav=3

here's one with screen shots of the routers software. at the bottom there's additional info too.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,717381

well i have road runner and i don't have a pc i have a mac so.. i don't know if that changes anything

it was in the first link. it doesnt really matter Mac or PC.

Apple Mac OS 8.x/9.x:
Pull down the Apple menu, select Control Panels.
Open the control panel TCP/IP.
If you cannot see a button labelled Info:
Pull down the Edit menu and select User Mode...
Click Advanced.
Click OK.
Click button Info.
Look for the line Hardware address.
Click OK.
Close the control panel.

Apple Mac OS X: one of the following:
Pull down the Apple menu, select System Preferences, click Network, in the pull-down Show: select the interface required, look for the line Ethernet Address or Airport ID.
Open a Terminal window, type the command ifconfig en0 (where en0 is the interface in use), look for the line ether.

ok well i found all that but i still don't have a router and was told i didn't need one because I'm not connecting anything else to my modem, but i wouldn't know which one to get anyways

the nintendo support line said it and the setup manual for the LAN adaptor

Connect the Lan adapter to the wii into the router. That is how mine works.

try unplugging your modem (with your wii on connected and running, i think)
wait 30 seconds...
plug it back in.
wait a little bit until the connects fully to the internet and your wii (lights will be on. only 1 will be flashing, the activity 1)

every ISP is different. you'll probably have to get a router.

heymoe99, thanks a ton i got a router and your right it worked perfectly i can get onlin rly easily now and play online games yay! thanks aain

heymoe99 said:
try unplugging your modem (with your wii on connected and running, i think)
wait 30 seconds...
plug it back in.
wait a little bit until the connects fully to the internet and your wii (lights will be on. only 1 will be flashing, the activity 1)

every ISP is different. you'll probably have to get a router.

I did the same unplugged the modem as per the instructions.The only problem was i had a battery back up in the modem,to get round this you have to depress the reset button after you connect the wii and disconnect the pc cables.

Back