victim of wii's small memory

You can put VC games on a SD card. They just cannot be played from said card. You must have the game in the Wii's internal 512 memory in order for the system to run the game.

If you run out of room, you have two options;

-Delete games that you don't play often, you can redownload them whenever you want at no extra charge.
-Move games and save files that you are not using to a SD card and manage your games when you want to play them.

Thor's Hammer said:
You can put VC games on a SD card. They just cannot be played from said card. You must have the game in the Wii's internal 512 memory in order for the system to run the game.

If you run out of room, you have two options;

-Delete games that you don't play often, you can redownload them whenever you want at no extra charge.
-Move games and save files that you are not using to a SD card and manage your games when you want to play them.

Oh I see. You're saying that you can store the games on the SD cards? That's all I needed to know.

Deleting the game and redownloading means you lose your save slots and the thing take forever to transfer. They should look at the storage problem and allow the use of SD cards to run games.

They are probably trying to make sure that people cannot pirate the games before they allow it, which is impossible as everything can be hacked given enough time.

I agree too. My space is shrinking ever since I downloaded the Internet Channel. Nintendo should find a way to pack the games onto SD cards. That way there would be no need for a hard drive. The cards are cheap, small, and hold far more than an entire Wii hard drive. 3-4 of them should last you years.

If you have no clue how to download illegal NES, SNES roms you are lacking in IQ. Nintendo can in no way stop ROM distribution. They shouldn't punish the people who legally buy the games for crimes they can't police anyway. I'm referring to emulators on the computer.

I just don't see why they can't make them playable off the SD and still only playble on the console that they were bought.

I don't see why they couldn't do a firmware upgrade to make games playable off the SD card. They should be able to write code that would put some kind of DRM protection that would be imprinted on the system that it is downloaded on. The technology is out there, Nintendo would just have to implement it.

Thor's Hammer said:
I don't see why they couldn't do a firmware upgrade to make games playable off the SD card. They should be able to write code that would put some kind of DRM protection that would be imprinted on the system that it is downloaded on. The technology is out there, Nintendo would just have to implement it.

Yeah, I'm sure it would not be a very big technical hurdle. And the VC games are already tied to the Wii they were downloaded on. If you copy them to an SD card and take them to another Wii, they won't work, so they really wouldn't need to do anything much extra as far as DRM goes.

Thor's Hammer said:

If they can crack the DRM protection on HD-DVDs...I doubt it would be much of a hurdle doing it for VC games on a sd card.

IF wii could play VC directly from SD this would be cool. We wouldn't have to copy back and fro with an unexplained VERY VERY slow rate

Can I say I told you so? I complained about this months ago and said it was a bad thing that you couldn't at least put save spots from games onto the SD card but nearly everyone said it wasn't a big deal.

I should go back and find those threads so I can publicly embarrass and ridicule the morons on this forum who disagreed with me. grrrr

If that would make you feel Ciper I'd say go for it, but you can't bump very old theads anyway.

And yes you can just not download many games which sounds stupid sense that's the point of the system and you can just save and delete every one in awhile... It'll work but it's lame that it comes down to that.:scared:

Back