victim of wii's small memory

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
Well everyone has been complaining about Wii's small memory for holding VC games. Everyone says they need to put out a hard drive ,or at least make games playable off the SD card. While i agreed with all that i wasn't having much of an issue until yesterday. Now the thing is i didn't have all my channels filled i still had 5 left to go. My problem was i was down to only 92 blocks of memory. So it wouldn't let me download Super Mario 2 ,and Bloody Wolf until i freed up some space. So i ended up having to remove Shockman Bonk's Adventure Zelda OoT ,and SF64 from my wii on to an SD card. Especially the 2 64 games they were the monsters eating up memory.

Nintendo is planning on having 350 VC games by the end of this year which is currently over a little bit of a 100 as well as release Wiiware in early 2008. Where the heck are we suppose to stick on all this stuff? If theres no hard drive on the way then an SD card firmware update needs to happen. Because eventually more people are going to get this problem, and its going to defeat the whole point of buying the classics on wii. Which is convience of being able to pick them whenever you want.

Has anyone still had channels open ,but no memory?

I think this is as good a reason as any the Wii should have had a proper hard drive. 512 MB is not a lot of room to hold a VC collection, especially those memory-hogging N64 titles. But sadly what's done is done. I wonder what happened to those external hard drives they mentioned?

By the way, where did they mention 350 games? At this rate I'll be surprised if it's 250 by the end of the year.

Napalmbrain said:
I think this is as good a reason as any the Wii should have had a proper hard drive. 512 MB is not a lot of room to hold a VC collection, especially those memory-hogging N64 titles. But sadly what's done is done. I wonder what happened to those external hard drives they mentioned?

By the way, where did they mention 350 games? At this rate I'll be surprised if it's 250 by the end of the year.

I absolutely agree man, 512MB of storage is nowhere near enough. Although I do believe that particular figure may have been chosen due to specific economic factors (If the Wii were shipped with high-capacity storage, it would have jacked the price up by perhaps 25%, which would be counter-productive to the Wii's mission statement - wanting to make gaming accessible for everybody, not just those with a big budget for gaming/entertainment).

At the same time... This doesn't really help those who have used up all 512MB of their Wii's onboard flash memory... If I were you dude, I'd use your SD card to store all your unused VC games, and only keep on your console the games in your current rotation (surely you aren't playing ALL those games?).

It'll be good if Nintendo release some Firmware updates to remedy this and allow games to be played straight from SD cards. I can't see why not.

Deleting games i'm not using is fine ,or moving them to the SD card. Problem is i do a lot of bouncing so one day i maybe playing ninja gaiden ,and actraiser where as later i might jump into some Zelda OoT for a few hours then on to some Ristar so its like i'm never completely not using any one game. It wouldnt be bad just to bounce the 64 games on ,and off but christ they take so long to transfer.

Maximo said:
Deleting games i'm not using is fine ,or moving them to the SD card. Problem is i do a lot of bouncing so one day i maybe playing ninja gaiden ,and actraiser where as later i might jump into some Zelda OoT for a few hours then on to some Ristar so its like i'm never completely not using any one game. It wouldnt be bad just to bounce the 64 games on ,and off but christ they take so long to transfer.

You should be able to fit enough games on your wii to bounce back and forth with. If not you bounce back and forth between way too many games.

Maximo said:
Well everyone has been complaining about Wii's small memory for holding VC games. Everyone says they need to put out a hard drive ,or at least make games playable off the SD card. While i agreed with all that i wasn't having much of an issue until yesterday. Now the thing is i didn't have all my channels filled i still had 5 left to go. My problem was i was down to only 92 blocks of memory. So it wouldn't let me download Super Mario 2 ,and Bloody Wolf until i freed up some space. So i ended up having to remove Shockman Bonk's Adventure Zelda OoT ,and SF64 from my wii on to an SD card. Especially the 2 64 games they were the monsters eating up memory.

Nintendo is planning on having 350 VC games by the end of this year which is currently over a little bit of a 100 as well as release Wiiware in early 2008. Where the heck are we suppose to stick on all this stuff? If theres no hard drive on the way then an SD card firmware update needs to happen. Because eventually more people are going to get this problem, and its going to defeat the whole point of buying the classics on wii. Which is convience of being able to pick them whenever you want.

Has anyone still had channels open ,but no memory?
This had already been posted.

I have a full screen of VC games, starting to pile up...but still they are all very very good games to play.

Back