Was the Wii worth $250 ?

$?wii?$ said:
come on guys i dont really think that the Wii is next Gen too, more 'New gen' as it has a 'New' concept. gameplay might be good but graphics... well what can i say:confused:
you've given your opinion in your own thread. shut up. graphics may not be "next gen" but they are good, unless you've didn't like the graphics this gen either.

Messykitty414 said:
Graphics Do Not make a system next gen. They just add to the next gen factor. Really Xbox 360 and PS3 are just graphics card upgrades, unless you say that the PS3 has that six-axis thing. But the Wii is the most next gen, because it brings a crapton of new stuff to the table
what new does the Wii bring, besides motion sencing

xbox 360 has live, which is awesome, and you ca connect it to a computer to stream video, music or pictures, you can dl full tv shows and rent HD movies, whatch dvd's and hd-dvd's (with attachment), play against other people in a lag-free environment, download XBL arcade games, brag about your achievements, plug in any hard drive for multimedia enjoyment

MetroidZ said:
you've given your opinion in your own thread. shut up. graphics may not be "next gen" but they are good, unless you've didn't like the graphics this gen either.
1. I made the thread. He didnt.
2. He can post whatever he wants.
3. You just admitted that the Wii graphics arent "next gen".
4. We never said that we didnt like the last gen (Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2) graphics, we just said that the Wii graphics arent "next gen", like you said.
Messykitty414 said:
Graphics Do Not make a system next gen. They just add to the next gen factor. Really Xbox 360 and PS3 are just graphics card upgrades, unless you say that the PS3 has that six-axis thing. But the Wii is the most next gen, because it brings a crapton of new stuff to the table
Yeah, I got it, I agree :)

pizzaluvr said:
what new does the Wii bring, besides motion sencing

xbox 360 has live, which is awesome, and you ca connect it to a computer to stream video, music or pictures, you can dl full tv shows and rent HD movies, whatch dvd's and hd-dvd's (with attachment), play against other people in a lag-free environment, download XBL arcade games, brag about your achievements, plug in any hard drive for multimedia enjoyment

The Wii can match most of that sans dvd, because dvd players are about $25 The Wii has pictures, motion sensing, the Virtual Console, online soon, the channels, the Miis and a lot of other stuff. I have a 360 and I love it, but I'm just saying the Wii is well worth $250 and next gen gaming isn't always about graphics, and have you seen Zelda? They said that's just pushing GC graphics, so we will see some pretty stuff on the Wii

wiicanchangetheworld said:
1. I made the thread. He didnt.
2. He can post whatever he wants.
3. You just admitted that the Wii graphics arent "next gen".
4. We never said that we didnt like the last gen (Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2) graphics, we just said that the Wii graphics arent "next gen", like you said.
I didnt say they were. All i'm saying is this graphics **** gets old.

MetroidZ said:
Amen to that, I'm sick of people putting graphics over gameplay. It sounds like these people want to go see a movie. And I do like nice graphics, but as long as everything is smooth then I'm good, I don't need to see the Master Chief's sweat, haha he's in a suit. But yeah seeing that extra stuff really doesn't concern me that much

haha metroidz you got pwned by wiicanchangetheworld!!! my point was that wii should have maybe created a new category 'New gen'.

MetroidZ said:
AHH!
Do you want to play Pong?
Its so much fun and the graphics dont matter, the gameplay ROCKS!

Last edited:
I am talking about Pong :)
_38039901_pong.jpg

AHH!
Do you want to play Pong?
Its so much fun and the graphics dont matter, the gameplay ROCKS!

:lol: I think when a console combines next-gen graphics with next-gen controls is when we will truly be in for a treat. As of right now, I am taking each console for what they are instead of bitching about what they're not.

ABC said:
:lol: I think when a console combines next-gen graphics with next-gen controls is when we will truly be in for a treat. As of right now, I am taking each console for what they are instead of bitching about what they're not.
Im not complaining, but graphics are important too.
And ABC what console do you like the most, since you have all of the Next-Gen consoles, right ?

Im not complaining, but graphics are important too.
And ABC what console do you like the most, since you have all of the Next-Gen consoles, right ?

I am waiting on my Ps3. But yes, I have the 360 and Wii and will have a Ps3 soon... But honestly, I won't like any one of them more than the other. Each company did a great job this time around. If it's Nintendo with great controls and an amazingly inovative idea or Sony with next-gen Blu-Ray and amazing graphics or Microsoft with great graphics and the absolutely stunning XBox Live gaming community. So, you see, there is no clear cut winner and nor will there ever be as long as each company keeps bringing their best to the table. And that is what alot of little fanboys on the internet fail to see. They buy one console and by bashing other companies, they make themselves feel good about their decision. Grow up, educate yourself, and expand your thinking.

Back