What chance is there of Online play happening?

Btw, GC DID have online play... lol yeah... Phantasy Star Online, not that anyone played it though

and its been confirmed many times that a lot of soon to come games in 2007 will play online, such as SSBB

Ok, Nintendo did invest some time into emulators. That's why we have the virtual console working as good as it does. Some of that technology is also for online play, like Kaillera, and MAME. Nintendo also set up a deal with fileplanet to host servers. Does this mean virtual console games multiplayer online? It's completely possible. But... the Wii users would be the hosts, like Star Craft on battlenet. The question is will Nintendo do this? If they want to remain #1 they will need an online gaming community. Online play has been Nintendo's weakness for many years. We'll find out in January either way.

It may also be possible later to put stuff like Zbattle into your Wii. So even if Nintendo ditches the concept, it's still possible for people to find their own way. Right now all we can do is wait and hope they learned from their mistakes.

Cap'n Crunch said:
the reggienator has CONFIRMED online play for the wii in the SECOND QUARTER of 2007.

I am betting (hoping) that Metroid will be the first online game for the Wii in the US

We will all have to watch closely to see how Pokemon online play works out when it is released on 12/15 in Japan.

Wiitime said:
I knew it was having online play, but i have read a few threads saying Gc never had it and it was suppose to

yeah... GC had connections slots in the back too ><
always wondered why... but have no fear! nintendo is making a community now for online players... that's where the money is going to be at now

Back