What is Nintendo waiting for???

^Video games dont have to be right, Its all about having fun and online adds on to any multiplayer game Mario Kart and 007 are made perfectly for online and like you said you would play it and so would everyone else and they can say its not right but they'll still play it and will be having fun.

Why shouldn't VC games have a few new features? Games like Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 are practically designed for multiplayer, and thinking about it it doesn't really make a difference if those players happen to be hundreds of miles away from each other. I think online play for the old classics would be fantastic, and if you believe in that "stick to the spirit of the original" crap, then simply don't use the online feature. Oh, and while we're on the subject of online gaming, Nintendo should ditch the friend codes and follow Microsoft's lead (i.e. don't treat everyone like kids).

And I fully agree Ninty should get a move on with indie games. Xbox Live Arcade is all the proof that's needed that these games can hold their own, so what are they waiting for? The Wii is an ideal platform for such games with its innovative controller.

^you do know they cant just leave the friend codes. It works good with me as long as you can send Friend requests to people you are playing or have played.

Napalmbrain said:
Why shouldn't VC games have a few new features? Games like Mario Kart and Street Fighter 2 are practically designed for multiplayer, and thinking about it it doesn't really make a difference if those players happen to be hundreds of miles away from each other. I think online play for the old classics would be fantastic, and if you believe in that "stick to the spirit of the original" crap, then simply don't use the online feature. Oh, and while we're on the subject of online gaming, Nintendo should ditch the friend codes and follow Microsoft's lead (i.e. don't treat everyone like kids).

And I fully agree Ninty should get a move on with indie games. Xbox Live Arcade is all the proof that's needed that these games can hold their own, so what are they waiting for? The Wii is an ideal platform for such games with its innovative controller.

Lmao I'm surprised no one has not jumped on your case yet........... You should close your mouth before you talk. The friend code are for you to use when you want to battle certain people.(such as your brother, cousin, bestfriend etc) If you don't have any friend codes you can always go into a regular online room and battle people you don't know...... You honestly think nintendo would make new gamers hustle for other peoples friend code just to use the online play? IF you did, your a sad person. no lies

hotpotato78 said:
Lmao I'm surprised no one has not jumped on your case yet........... You should close your mouth before you talk. The friend code are for you to use when you want to battle certain people.(such as your brother, cousin, bestfriend etc) If you don't have any friend codes you can always go into a regular online room and battle people you don't know...... You honestly think nintendo would make new gamers hustle for other peoples friend code just to use the online play? IF you did, your a sad person. no lies

Perhaps you should close your mouth before you talk. I know how friend codes work, my complaint was that the system is annoying and childish. Xbox Live manages to work just fine without friend codes, why not the Wii?

Napalmbrain said:
Perhaps you should close your mouth before you talk. I know how friend codes work, my complaint was that the system is annoying and childish. Xbox Live manages to work just fine without friend codes, why not the Wii?

that is why the ps3 is not worth much,because they copied.......... let nintendo be original man. let Xbox do what they do and let nintendo do what they do!............I don't see what you are complaining for if you don't need the friend codes. you are just trying to find problems with the wii....... thats same as we tell people if you don't want a game don't buy but that does mean nintendo shouldn't make it. Now if you don't want to use the codes then don't.

You also happen to forget that the Xbox is made by microsoft. So they will always have the advantage in the internet department

How is the system childish? so you are saying Msn messenger and yahoo messenger are childish because they email address are like friend codes. and if you dont have any friends you can always go in the chat room. So whats the big detail if the codes doesn't affect you. Stop finding things to complain about.

hotpotato78 said:
that is why the ps3 is not worth much,because they copied.......... let nintendo be original man. let Xbox do what they do and let nintendo do what they do!............I don't see what you are complaining for if you don't need the friend codes.

Err... what are you trying to prove? Who said I didn't use friend codes?

you are just trying to find problems with the wii....... thats same as we tell people if you don't want a game don't buy but that does mean nintendo shouldn't make it. Now if you don't want to use the codes then don't.

Sorry, but you're missing my point. I'm not actively seeking out problems with the Wii. I think it's a great little console. I'm just pointing out it could be a bit better, at least in my opinion.

You also happen to forget that the Xbox is made by microsoft. So they will always have the advantage in the internet department

Eh? I'm fully aware Microsoft made the Xbox. I'm saying Nintendo could learn a thing or two from them about online gaming.

How is the system childish? so you are saying Msn messenger and yahoo messenger are childish because they email address are like friend codes. and if you dont have any friends you can always go in the chat room. So whats the big detail if the codes doesn't affect you.

Of course it affects me... I have a Wii. Every time I want to add a friend I have to go through the tedious process of adding their friend code, when a simple unique gamertag is sufficient for Xbox Live. I'm aware the friend code system is meant to protect kids, but we're not all kids. And why do you keep babbling about going to chat rooms? I'm not complaining about how many friends I have, I'm complaining about the system.

Stop finding things to complain about.

I'll complain if I like. I paid £180 for the console, which gives me the right to have an opinion about it. I'm not some brain-dead fanboy, ranting about how crap all other consoles are, I'm just providing a little constructive criticism.

thats nice and all but let me as you a question. does the friend codes stop you from playing certain games?.. well i think the answer for that is no. Its not childish in anyway. So if it doesn't hold you back from playing certain games. then its not childish. it would have been childish if it prevented you....But nintendo gave you an option. nothing is perfect. And even if they was to copy sony then everybody would say nintendo copied... But you were whinning as if you never use the codes before and as if thats the only way of playing other gamers.

if you don't have friends then go in the chat room that's what i was saying about the msn messenger lmao. i'm just saying we don't even no how the set up will be when online really hits. the format could change a "hella lot"

Last edited:
Honestly, my feelings are mutual with that of Napalm..the 'friend-code' concept to me is nothing but a needless nuisance that could easily be avoided, this being exhibited by XBox Live etc...the entirety of the process is annoying and as time progresses it will surely become monotonous in the collectives' mind. It's an anachronistic method that isn't finding its place in this neoteric of times, how could you deny that?? Everyone loves ease and convenience, Nintendo isn't providing this to the best of their ability, obviously. That it doesn't 'prevent' us from playing certain games is about as irrelevant as it gets. Childish was a perfect adjective to describe the process..why would they purposefully put a muzzle on ease? On the VC games online tip, that would be excellent...it's '07 now, online play is the present and future, the past is no more..the hint of nostalgia would definitely be present regardless if playing online or not...online would be nothing but an added bonus aiding the enjoyability. I would so get down to some Mario Kart online, 007 too..that would be killer..let's exercise and exploit all possibilities ,that's the future.

its obvious that you miss my point when i was saying that it is not childish. it's clear that you misunderstood how it link together. which is so sad. This topic is hopeless right now. I'm done! wiitendo and masterjed already explain these things

i'm just saying stop whinning over it.

Why waste time putting online play on VC when the wii games need to be focused on. mario kart should come out for the wii, no need for a VC game and wii game(mario kart)to have onlineplay......... Somebody also told me that the mario kart for the GC used online play. The whole point of VC is old school. Some VC games would be good with online play but leave it old school is all i'm saying.

Last edited:
Mmk there budday..allow me clarify and dispatch my post in a way that a feeble mind like yours can understand. First, clean up your grammar. I don't believe anyone was whining over anything...this is an exchange, if you're unfamiliar with the way that works allow me to elaborate...you express your opinion and others express theirs...after that a civil discussion takes place while both parties justify their opinions. I don't think anything that would make money and provide satisfaction is a 'waste of time' Nintendo is lacking a very crucial component right now, fact, that is not subjective. I would agree that improvement of those games would be displaced energy, they should focus on the future and their upcoming hopefully huge releases.

nobody is perfect. I made a few mistakes, and its good to correct them, but hello its not like this is english class. Anyway its always good to speak proper. in your first sentence you miss out an importatnt word known as "to" but yet i can understand what you meant.......

Who said online play is a waste of time? i'm saying for the Vc's it is. Somethings need to stay traditional....The wii games haven't had online yet now you want nintendo to focus on the VC games? They need to fix it with the wii games first. The VC games is a bonus, the wii games are the main attraction.

Don't try act all high and mighty. I know what it is and i justified my opinion along time ago. Why justify it to you, if you and the next person are thinking the same thing. I have already justified it to someone else so its up to you to read it and (here is the important part) TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT.

Last edited:
You're right this isn't English class but the way you type is an abomination to the the language. You can't differentiate between hear and here , it's and its..get real. If you consider 'high and mighty' an opinionated expression than so be it, my apologies. Dude, I already concurred with you on the VC games being and staying traditional tip..I'm just saying that if they DID (which they probably won't) make them online it wouldn't be a waste of time.

Well I"ll let him slide on "its". I do it a million times myself sometimes. And he is right. This is NOT English class and you are not the professor. However I do think people should make an EFFORT to actually type/speak correctly when on forums. As for the "Friends Code" issue I think its pretty dumb. I think Nintendo can come up w/ a BETTER system that works for everybody. They want to protect little girls and boys. I GET IT. I UNDERSTAND NINTENDO. But what you don't realize is that these kids have PARENTS. And its the parents that should be responsible for their behavior online (for the most part). Now Nintendo can put in setting options for Online. And maybe even moderators on the rooms for children to keep an eye out for predators. But they should not make the rest of us miserable with this Friends Code sh*t.

And once again....VC = Old School. It should NOT have Online. Thats my belief/opinion. Argue all you want it won't change it and Nintendo definitely won't change it which I appaud them for. However I do think they should tweak the graphics a lil bit so that they look nicer.

Yea yea, regardless of if this is English class or a Nintendo Wii forum people should take pride in the language they speak and type..the messy, unintelligent ebonics is stupid and truely reflects who's behind what's being typed. I agree with what you say regarding the 'Friend-Codes' etc and have a lot more to say on that, too busy to do so. Again with the virtual console, whatever..that's a fine opinion you have and it makes sense..while I could easily play devil's advocate I won't because it's irrelevant. I spend most of my online gaming time playing XBox Live..Call of Duty3/Gears of War...I can't believe Wii's cod3 isn't online..the online multiplayer for cod3 is ridiculously fun. Whatever.

Back