What kind of TV should I get?

For $400, you can probably get a 23" EDTV from a less-respected brand (meaning not Sony, Samsung, LG, Philips, etc.).

I guess it depends on what you are going to use it for. If this is going to be a main tv for a while, then I would suggest spending a little bit more and getting something HD. If you are just going to keep it in your room and only use it to watch late night tv and the occasional movie and wii playing, then any modern non-crt tv will do.

duancg said:
May consider a projector and use a wall as screen, it feel like in a real world :)

Here here!

I brought my Wii over to a pal's house and hooked it up to his projector and played bowling and zelda. Truly spectacular. It was almost like we really were on a bowling ally.

dan99iel said:
oh jeez, another rich bit**. No offence, thats just what i call a guy who can buy a wii and a game or 2 and a tv... You see?...

In the PS3 board, I saw someone who has the Nintendo Wii, the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 plus a Xbox, a Gamecube, a high definition television of 42 eachs, 6 Wii games and 34 xbox 360 ORIGINAL GAMES WITH THE BOX!!!

Jean-Coutu said:
In the PS3 board, I saw someone who has the Nintendo Wii, the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 plus a Xbox, a Gamecube, a high definition television of 42 eachs, 6 Wii games and 34 xbox 360 ORIGINAL GAMES WITH THE BOX!!!

Those are gamers with no lives, I doubt that guy even had sex.

i have a 20inch TV in a small room, i possibly stand 1.5 metres away from the TV and sit about 2 metres. Does the job fine. I dont need fancy graphic, big T.V' and surrond sound to be happy. but each to their own.

I checked out circuit city recently or wateva and in the 400 dollar range it was tough.

The thing is, for best wii playtime you have to look for a tv with 480p. That has at least one set of component input. Then you have to buy the component cables for the wii from the nintendo store or anywhere else you can find it. Get what is called an hdtv or EDTV. Usually a flat panel are the ones with good defenition. Do not get CRT, its becoming old school.

Important notes:
480p - p=progressive scan
490i - i = interlaced - NO GOOD for new tv!
Component CAbles from nintendo store for nintendo Wii.

Good luck! Lucky guy , works hard for the dough. Sorry for your wallet.
Wii is worth it though.
Have fun!

Back