What Social Class Are You [Or Think You Are]?

SantaClaws said:
maybe by skater he means like punk?
Surely you don't mean like proper punk. Like 80's punk with absolutely crazy hairstyles (like the mohawk).

I wouldn't have thought proper punk and skater could really be confused.

Take for example, Sid Vicious:

sid.jpg

Wears leather and has a slightly crazy hairdo. Now some other punks:

punk_s_not_dead_movie_image.jpg

Now look at the skater:

skater%20girls2.jpg

and

0308webst_skater.jpg

Generally T-shirt and jeans (bit like me, but then I don't really go skating, nor know any skaters personally).

And sometimes hoodies:

skater.png

Guess I'm sorta on the surfer side *shock I know*.

But yeah I try to be different with my clothes, hate all the stereotypical girls around my area, I couldn't stand being like them.

My usual clothes are jeans or cords and a surf t-shirt or a tight top with some logo or design. However I do like to dress smart a lot. I just love wearing fitted shirts and I picked up a nifty looking waistcoat the other day which will get a lot of use.

Sovieto said:
so you would be classified to the naked eye as a skater but once they get to know you they see you as a poser?

Oh.

oh indeed. one of those.

:sick:

i don't really believe in these stereotypes. i believe they're phases and furthermore, believing in them as a label one would give ones self is also a phase. a very teenage phase. a very immature and quite sad stage in most peoples younger days.

people don't understand the full extent of what they're describing themselves as. is one was to learn about the gothic craze, or the punk era and style, one wouldn't call oneself 'that'. nor would one call it a 'style'.

as for me; i dress what i'm comfortable in. i have a range of hobbies. despite being lesbian, i don't follow the scene. i cannot conform to a scene, style, look, genre, stereotype or phase at this time in my life. i've grown out of that. some people never do.

i would have to say
sporty dork (is that one of the spice girls?)
i am not a nerd cuz i don't get all the tech stuff
but i do a mans job in a mans feild and make them look bad at the sametime...
does that sound a little feminist?

sometimes it is good to define yourself, at least you should know what you are not
as for me I am not a FREE SPIRIT kind of preson
i have met enough of them to know

Frogger said:
No, it makes you unrealistic.

Zing.

I'll say it's possible. I had...not the smartest of friends through Elementary School, back when your athletics determined your friends more than your philosophies and intelligence.

I don't know if any of those silly stereotypes really fit me.

I guess you could call me a band geek, maybe.

Back