What time do you suggest I get there, if I go to the Nintendo World Store to buy Wii?

i eat nintendo wiis

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2006
Hello, my title explains my question. Has anyone gotten their Wii at the Nintendo World Store in New York City? Please describe your experiences. Also, what time do you suggest I get there in the morning to get one? How many shipments do they get a day? Thanks.

I'm also interested in hearing about experiences with Nintendo World store at Rockefeller Center. Has anyone gotten a Wii there? I went today and there were hundreds of tourists and no Wii. I couldn't even find an employee not at the cash register so I could ask about shipments.

Anyone have any success stories?

i live in germany and all i can say there isnt a single wii left in germany till the stores get re-shipping in 2007 =( i ordered 1 now it will be there about 10th of jan =(

I would suggest that you arrive at the store around 4-5. I read somewhere on this forum that they hand out tickets for them sometime around then. If they have regular shipments daily of 100 wii's you should be able to get one now that it is past christmas and everybody who was searching for one for a relative for christmas is done.

haha, funny you should ask about that, here is my story....

i live in austin, but my mom and lil sister live in newark. I went to visit them for christmas and she wanted a wii. on the friday before christmas we were in new york city and we decided to go to the rockefeller center. we arrived around 6 at the subway stop outside of the rock. We were walking up to the tree when we saw the nintendo store. i asked if they had any wiis and if not when they were gonna get any. The guy was like.....we get them in tomorrow at 7, the line is started outside!. it was around 6 30 so we decided to wait outside for a wii for her. at 7:30 we got back from eating b4 we waited in line and we were about 40 down the line. it SUCKED it started pouring rain, we got wet and it was cold, i got pretty sick by christmas, it was horrible, but we got her a wii.

anyway enough about me, id say there will be a smaller demand for the wii than it was then (2 days b4 xmas) so i think, depending on how many they will get, you should show up at 8 or 9. check the weather and dress accordingly. if its gonna rain, DONT DO IT, wait a for a later date. Oh, and if you need to use the restroom, youll have to go to the mcdonalds a couple of blocks away but youll need to buy something and the people that work there late at night are extremely rude and kinda scary, so be prepared to wait a while to have your order taken, and they are LOUD! its pretty funny actually. also there might be random dudes coming by to try to sell you a wii off the street, dotn buy it, its just a shell of a wii basically. Anyway, hope all that helps, pm me if you have any more questions, later

Back