What to put in the next Smash Bros

I think it's a good idea, but it's terrible for Brawl. It complicates the metagame further, and even if it's minor, it can be taken advantage of - balancing that kind of thing WITH the current metagame would be literally impossible as well. The idea needs to be scrapped, sadly.

For SSE, that's a great idea, though. Just not in actual, normal Brawl matches.

Perhaps....I think your right. It could be in the Subspace Emissary.

Anyone else have any ideas at all? Any complaints about anything in Brawl? New characters? Stages? Items? Anything?

mmm... the attributes idea isnt too bad but as already said it complicates it too much and would further increase pokemons hold on the game. There are already many,many,many pokeballs and pokemon have been the largest team in ssb since game 1.

mmm... the attributes idea isnt too bad but as already said it complicates it too much and would further increase pokemons hold on the game. There are already many,many,many pokeballs and pokemon have been the largest team in ssb since game 1.

Lol, how about no. Attribute pairings have very little to do with pokemon, tons of RPGs and such use it - I wouldn't be suprised if Super Mario RPG had it in some way. So attributes having resistances and vulnerabilities are in no way 100% affiliated with pokemon.

Also, pokemon has always tied Mario for character amounts. In the original, there was Pikachu and Jigglypuff - which matches Mario and Luigi. In melee, both gained two new additions - Mewtwo/(lol)Pichu, and Peach/Bowser. And ofcourse, in Brawl pokemon and Mario both have 4 characters.

Yes, you can whine about how pokemon trainer has 3 different pokes, nintendo still counts pokemon trainer as only 1 slot though. A lot of their moves are also somewhat clonish, the only difference is the range and power.

Also, pokeball pokemon shouldn't really count towards anything, they're just a summoning items like Assist Trophies. It brings a ton of variety to item-enabled matches.

One final note.. you're forgetting pokemon is the second largest franchise in Brawl, second only to Mario. You can't deny it's awesomeness. :lol: [/pokenerd]

:lol: too true CK. I beleive in actual characters, Mario outweighs Pokemon in Brawl.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Wario

Pokemon:
Pkmn Trainer
Pikachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff (lol)

if you count Pkmn trainers Pkmn as actual characters, then both Factions have 6. If not, Mario wins.

Wario's only in because of his Wario Ware series, he's no longer officially Mario. He's also got a few of his own original games to star in as well. DK also has his own series now, and always has since the original Smash Bros. Remember him having his own victory theme and logo?

Yoshi branched out into his own series since the original Smash Bros. too, so you can scratch all those guys off. Remember the rule, 4 slots per series(not counting multiple forms). A lot of people get that wrong, though. :lol:

Ahhh....duh....[slaps self/] my bad. :lol: I just figured them into that faction bc he's nintendos highest grossing star.

What I think should be in the next Smash? BETTER FREAKING WIFI WITH MINIMAL OR NO LAG and no god damn tripping. >_<;

please dont make a complaining thing Resurgence, blatent comments like that take away from the actual whole of what this thread is about. You dont just say "I want better WiFi," you give reasons, and more nedded suggestions on how to make it better.

WiFi isnt that bad anyway.

Although Wi-fi isnt terrible, it is still pretty bad. The lag is bad...and many other things. And we went over the tripping already.

Although Wi-fi isnt terrible, it is still pretty bad. The lag is bad...and many other things. And we went over the tripping already.

This.

Oh, and did you know? Homebrew has a new hack. If all players in the match use a specific code, THERE'S NO MORE TRIPPING! OMGZORZ. :D ! The famous Phantom Wings also created a hack for melee style air dodges - WHICH LET CHARACTERS WAVEDASH! Holy **** right? Not that I'd ever bother getting homebrew, and even if I did, I'd never use such a stupid code. Wavedashing can go **** itself. :p The only use it really has is shutting up all those melee elitists.

Hehe...
I know this would never-ever-in-a-million-years be accepted cus it would make rly unbalanced characters (not that there arent any anyway) and they woulnt be easy to program into the game but this IS a wishing thread... I wanna make my own guy!!! or at least combine some

e.g.
Super bowser thingy with a sword and dress!!!!!!!
Me with a cape!!!!!

.....? what the heck are you talking about? a character creation? how would that make it unfair? I dont understand...?

Hehe...
I know this would never-ever-in-a-million-years be accepted cus it would make rly unbalanced characters (not that there arent any anyway) and they woulnt be easy to program into the game but this IS a wishing thread... I wanna make my own guy!!! or at least combine some

e.g.
Super bowser thingy with a sword and dress!!!!!!!
Me with a cape!!!!!
I was thinking of something similar before Brawl came out.

Using one of your Miis in the game and customizing its attacks would have been cool.

We actually had a discussion about the Mii thing on the old thread.

I would like to see this, but I can imagine it being very hard to put in. The Miis or whoever should get a choice of all the other characters A and B attacks, with perhaps a few more choices added. Id think it would be cool if you could change the visuals of certain attacks, such as making the Fireball move blue, or changing Waddle-Dee Throw into Spike Ball throw, but all with the same effects. Like I said, this would be very hard to put in.

Im trying to think of some new stage ideas, like always. Hopefully I can come up with something soon.

Back