What would you rate this game?

Toon Link

Banned
Feb 10, 2008
The Great Sea
Okay, from what you have read or seen so far on this game, what would you give it out of 10? From what i have read so far, i would give it a 10, as i don't see anything wrong with it at the moment. So what does everyone else think of it so far?

yeah he gets that he is just saying what we think no harm done their i give it 9.5 lacks competitive on line

hm.....

If I were in the industry I might have a harder time thinking of an appropriate score as it may change the score I would give it according to certain factors....

But since this is a personal score and I really only have to rate it by how much I'm gonna enjoy it, then I'm pretty sure (baring the slim chance that all the awesomeness I've been witness to so far is wrong) that I'll rate it a 10.

8.0 nothing really innovative this time around (besides possibly making maps) but still a great basic game.

im saying something that can really get people into the game. none of that is gonna make the game a 10. its kinda like the way it was when pokemon was important with stadium 1/2 but when it moved up to gamecube the games started to get crappy/same old. now brawl is supposed to be really special and important but its been 6+ years so its passed its prime.

im beginning to understand when people say this whoever was managing the whole thing got forced into making the game.

Lugia, either you're trolling or don't know what you're saying. 3 things will get people into the game that weren't in the prior game:

1. Ten hour campaign
2. Sonic and Snake
3. Stage builder/online/ co-op modes.

But, in fairness to your bias review, you've never played the game. You know absolutely nothing about how it plays. You may love it. You may hate it.

But I would be surprised if more than 2 reviewers out of 50 give it as low as an 8.0. But those two reviewers are entitled to their opinions. And, yes, they didn't like it. But that doesn't mean that they should try to get other people to change their reviews.

Brawl will likely be average reviewed between 9.3-9.7. (As we've seen with the first four "official" reviews giving it perfect scores) It should be very well liked.

And Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 are completely different games than Pokemon XD and Pokemon Coliseum. It's not even fair too compare the two.

Lugia said:
im beginning to understand when people say this whoever was managing the whole thing got forced into making the game.

1. Sentence doesn't make sense.
2. Do more research.. you're reminding me of that whole AtomHeart character..

Last edited:
hmmm i would say a 9.8, because i personally would prefer an online ranking system,

besides that i don't think i've seen any points that would lower the score.....

@Luigia-stop. think. post.

nic7 said:
Lugia, either you're trolling or don't know what you're saying. 3 things will get people into the game that weren't in the prior game:

1. Ten hour campaign
2. Sonic and Snake

But, in fairness to your bias review, you've never played the game. You know absolutely nothing about how it plays. You may love it. You may hate it.

But I would be surprised if more than 2 reviewers out of 50 give it as low as an 8.0. But those two reviewers are entitled to their opinions. And, yes, they didn't like it. But that doesn't mean that they should try to get other people to change their reviews.

Brawl will likely be average reviewed between 9.3-9.7. (As we've seen with the first four "official" reviews giving it perfect scores) It should be very well liked.

And Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 are completely different games than Pokemon XD and Pokemon Coliseum. It's not even fair too compare the two.

i agree with everything you say except that your list should start at two and number one should be addicting, engaging gameplay.
to Lugia: since when has smash EVER been inovative? there have always been games of controlled chaos and goofy fighters. smash was just the best (in my opinion of course) and was tweaked and turned pro. nothing inovative was really needed for a ten for me just the same old AWESOME game with some additions like characters, stages, tweaked gameplay, and the stage editor is WICKED... plus SSE is growing on me... cut scenes look amazing

to Shion: how are you finding comboing as compared to melee

I was including new additions. At least IMO the gameplay in Smash games has always been extremely addictive and engaging.

nic7 said:

1. Ten hour campaign
2. Sonic and Snake

Shut up with your stupid fanboy statements, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

1. Ten hour campaign
2. Sonic and Snake

That's nothing innovative, they have just thrown in a couple of extras....

Last edited:
TruthHurts said:
Shutup with your stupied fanboy statements, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

1. Ten hour campaign
2. Sonic and Snake

That's nothing innovative, they have just thrown in a couple of extras....
chill with your hate mail... if one is entitled to an opinion so is the other...venting on the internet isnt going to make you a man lol

to Nic: oh my bad. ps. i've become more excited about wolf and PT than sonic

TruthHurts said:
Shutup with your stupied fanboy statements, the guy is entitled to his opinion.

Shutup isn't a word. It's actually shut up. (2 separate words) I'm going to take the misspelling of "stupid" as a mistake.

Nic7 said:

Please re-read the bold statements in my post.

And when did I say any of this stuff was innovative? All I said was that it could bring in new players. A lot of people don't have fellow smash players to play with so they stayed away from the first two smash games. Now with some additions that can be played just by one's self such as Stage Builder/ Online/ 10 hour campaign these people will be attracted to the game no longer in fear that the game won't appeal to them.

And I know the word "fanboy" is tossed around pretty loosely now-a-day but I definitely wouldn't consider myself one saying has I own all 5 current platforms.

spiff-ssbb said:
to Nic: oh my bad. ps. i've become more excited about wolf and PT than sonic

Yeah, I'm actually not excited about Sonic and Snake at all, but the general public will enjoy these new characters the most.

Back