Whats the best web browser?

bmurray91

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
7867-6619-0079-5560
I have tried many and can't seem to find the perfect one

Currently, I'm running Firefox for the features/add-ons, but it is a major memory hog

Last edited:
by slow i mean it is a memory hog and slows down my computer a ton

My explorer was slow for me, Firefox is what I use now.
So much faster, and has a nice spell check.

I prefer "slow" to "infected". Slowdown comes from a few things:

1) Firefox doesn't get the benefit of being integrated into the OS like IE does. When Windows is running, 99% of IE is already loaded into memory.

2) Firefox actually supports current web standards. That takes more code than a browser that doesn't.

3) Firefox values security, and goes to great lengths to check things and do them right, so not to provide vectors for attack. This also takes more code and horsepower.

Regardless, Firefox is the best browser. There's a price to get the best, but in this case it's worth it.

I find both Safari and Firefox to be good web browser's. Whereas I found Internet Explorer and Netscape to be quite slow.

Avant Browser I have gotta say...

It uses Microsoft internet explorer to recreate a whole new multifunctional and increased speed browser with a ton of added features.

Paulpro said:
Avant Browser I have gotta say... It uses Microsoft internet explorer...
Which is precisely why it should be avoided. IE is a malware magnet and promotes a non-standards-compliant internet with Microsoft as the gatekeeper. That's a Bad Thing.

no my computer is pretty fast. ive just found that in the task manager, when my computer starts to slow down (which isnt very often), firefox is always the process that uses the most memory. dont get me wrong, i like firefox, but i was just wondering whether there was a better browser that didnt use as much memory. from what im seeing here though, most of u guys think firefox is the best

Back