What's your pokemon team?

the "weather war" as thats what the OU tier has basically become these days.

:'(

Wow didn't mean to write this much. Just some suggestions to keep in mind while teambuilding.

The more you write, the better bro. Particularly since you clearly know your **** :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to battle with ya some time soon. Hopefully I won't get mauled too badly. :lol:

Oh, and to give them damned NP Celebi what it deserves; X-scissor, MR? ;)

I ran some quick battle cals. With an Adament nature, Terrakion is sitting at 315 speed whereas Timid natured 36ev speed celebi is sitting at 328 speed.

Timid Life Orb Celebi @ 252 Satk Giga Drain vs Adament Terrakion Air balloon = 61.3% - 72.45% (2hits to KO)
[Note: This is factoring in that Sandstorm is up. Rock-types gain a boost to their Special Defense by 50% in Sandstorm] Without Sandstorm up on your side of the field, Giga Drain would do 91.02% - 106.81% (81% chance to OHKO). This is factoring in that the opponent has Stealth Rock up on your side of the field as well. This will be a most likely scenario as you don't have a Rapid Spinner. If celebi is able to get a Nasty Plot up before you're able to switch in, Terrak will most definitely be OHKO'd even with Sand up.

Adament Terrakion x-scissor with 252 Atk vs Celebi @ 220hp/252SAtk/36 Speed = 96.97 - 114.14% (100% OHKO) This is also factoring that you got Stealth Rocks up on your opponents side of the field. (provided your opponent doesn't get a critical hit giga drain, you can potentially revenge kill it xD)

I also ran the same battle calc above, only this time giving Terrakion a Jolly nature, which boosts Speed at the cost of Special Atk and damage calc read: 87.88 - 104.04 (100% OHKO) (factoring in SR). So you could probably forgo an Adament nature in exchange for a Jolly nature as it will still give you the "same" power output and you will be able to at least speed tie with positive nature based 108 speed pokes (infernape, virizion) to name a few.

I use the word "same" loosely as you will NOT be able to OHKO bold eviolite 252/252 Def Porygon2 with an unboosted Close Combat (does something like 75-85% damage). So thats something to watch out for as well. (Twaveing pricks -_-)

Lol so yes SSB, def give X-scissor on Terrak to give them damned NP Celebi what it deserves xD

Last edited:
I'm too much of a lazy douche to do calcs unless it's for my own team building, so... Props on being the first to do so on Wiichat Dave. :lol:

Er, the first I've seen anywho. I'm sure Fox and Strype 'n the others were crunching numbers back in the day...

So I made a quick and dirty sort of Rain Stall team today on Pokemon Online and was wondering if I could have your guys opinions on the sets I'm using and also if there might be some better pokes I could swap out for another. Here is the team exportable:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Refresh

Can't have a rain stall team without this frog and the set I opted to use is the bold 252/252 set so that he can take some hits like a bawws. I opted for Scald over surf so that I can get potential burn hax on those steel types that are immune to toxic. Perish Song is there to deal with boosting pokemon and baton pass teams in general as they can be a huge annoyance if given the chance to set up. I was toying with either giving Politoed Refresh or Protect on the last moveslot, but I figured Refresh would be a more practical move to use on him. It would also enable Politoed to act as a psuedo status absorber for the rest of the team. Encore could also have its merit on the set but Im not really sure about that =/

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Water Pulse

Hax-Rachi set at its finest. Come in on a poke that you know you can set-up a substitute on and proceed to calm mind away. Thunder and water-pulse are good to get parafusion hax on the opponent as they try to desperately stop you from setting up. Only thing about this set is that it is completely walled by Gastrodon's -__- (stupid snail). Ev investments are invested in HP and speed so that rachi has enough bulk to take a few hits as it sets up. Timid nature is used to get that extra jump on the opponent.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Scald
- Roar
- Ice Beam

Hydration Vaporeon can be such a biatch in the rain. With hydration, he can abuse rest for full recovery while not having to worry about being inactive for 3 full turns. Scald again is used to get burns on certain steel types that might try to set up for a sweep (yes I'm calling you out ScizWHORE!). Roar is another method of getting rid of boosting pokemon if I dont want to wait for the 3 turns of Perish Song to kick in. And Ice beam for coverage against dragons and grass types. Toxic is thrown in to slowly kill off the opposing poke =]

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

Forretress is my hazard and spinner all rolled into one. He would most likely be my lead poke to get up hazards as quickly as possible, while using volt switch to allow me to gain momentum for the team. Another standard set, nothing really much to say about him. I was considering using Ferrothorn over him but with a team like this, I figured having rapid spin support is necessary to survive. Also, I dont have to worry about being trapped by a magnezone as I can always Volt Switch out

Dragonite (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 108 SAtk / 148 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Dragonite is a good candidate for a rain team as the weather does not endanger his multi-scale ability. I'm still not sure about his moveset tho...I gave him a Sub roosting set with hurricane and dragon tail for stab attacks. Was considering giving him Twave to be an annoying parashuffler, however I feel it'll get in the way of Toxic from the other 'mons on my team. Still not sure about this set tho.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

And last but not least is my wish passer chansey to keep the rest of the team healthy. Seismic toss is there so that he doesn't become taunt bait to the likes of pranksters and faster taunt users. Was debating about putting Blissey over Eviolite Chansey, however Chansey can take more abuse than her fat sister could the cost of leftovers recovery.

Well, this is the team in a nutshell. Let me know what you guys think [Incidentally, I found one of my OLD team posts on page 58 of this thread...sure is nice to see how far i've come from that]. xD

Last edited:
This is that UU team. Feel free to rip it to shreds.

Roserade (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
Milotic (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
Houndoom (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs:
Hardy Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Flamethrower
- Overheat
Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Payback
- Heal Bell
- Protect

J:

1. No Technician for Roserade, it doesn't even have a move boosted by it.

2. If you want an offensive Milotic, personally, I would go with Hydro Pump over Scald. The burn chance isn't as useful for an offensive Pokemon that needs sheer power.

3. For Houndoom, I've personally always preferred Fire Blast to Overheat, due to the almost as high power/accuracy, but with no nasty stat recoil. But that's up to you.

4. On Umbreon, perhaps consider Toxic or something over Payback?

But everything else looks good to me. Not that CK won't tear it apart, of course....

OSHI--

I forgot 'bout Dave's team for... weeks. Sorry dude. ;_;

Certainly reviewing his before J's; though, I'm sure I'll have very little to nitpick about. :thumbsup:

Not that CK won't tear it apart, of course....

:D

I thought I changed Tech off of Roserade. Oh well.

Also, Deoxys is a Toxic staller. So I felt two would be redundant.

Last edited:
This is a doubles team I'm working on for next years VGC.

Arcanine: (Normal Gem, Intimidate) (Adamant) (255 Attack, 255 Speed)
-Extremespeed
-Flare Blitz
-Roar
-Protect

Flare Blitz hits things really hard, especially things weak to it. Extremespeed has +2 priority, which is amazing. Roar is to get rid of Trick Room users before they can set up Trick Room.

Starmie: (Focus Sash, Natural Cure) (Timid, 255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack)
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt
-Psyshock
-Protect

Just a fast Starmie designed to take out foes with Super Effective attacks.

Gallade: (Fight Gem, Steadfast) (Adamant) (255 Attack, 200 HP, 50 Speed [Something like that at least])
-Drain Punch
-Shadow Sneak
-Ally Switch
-Protect

Ally Switch is to take a hit for an ally in danger, so they can kill off the threat. Shadow Sneak is priority, and Drain Punch is STAB and healing. I'm considering ditching Ally Switch for something else.

Porygon-Z: (Choice Scarf, Adaptability) (Modest) (255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack)
-Hyper Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Trick
-Protect

A super fast Porygon-Z that can kill near anything with Hyper Beam. Granted, it's a sitting duck afterwards, but it pretty much guarantees a kill. Trick is in case I wanna scrap the Scarf, and can hinder some of the opponents Pokemon.

Dusclops: (Evolite, Pressure) (Sassy) (255 HP, 100 Sp. Defense, 150 Defense [Something around that])
-Will-o-wisp
-Icy Wind
-Helping Hand
-Night Shade

A bulky Pokemon to assist the rest of my team. Icy Wind is pseudo Tailwind, Helping Hand, Night Shade, and Will o wisp have obvious intentions. I wanna put Protect on there, but....

Hydreigon: (Life Orb, Levitate) (Modest) (255 Speed, 255 Sp. Attack)
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Protect

Pretty self explanatory I think.

I agree entirely. Unfortunately, Nick hates legendaries/anything remotely good, so... :p

Will get to the review tomorrow.

I do not hate legendaries, I just prefer not to use them. =/

And what do you mean, all the Pokemon I'm using are good....oh right, you're CK. :l

Fantastic? Rarity is fantastic!

All obvious stuff aside, I have nothing to say about that team. (Mainly because I don't even know what is on it.)

SUPER MEGA ULTRA TEAM EDIT

Porygon-Z has been replaced with Crobat! Dusclops has been replaced with Lickilicky!

Also, Gallade has been given Leaf Blade over Ally Switch.

Lickilicky (Relaxed, 255 Defense, 255 Sp. Defense) (Cloud Nine) (Leftovers)
-Rock Tomb
-Brick Break
-Toxic
-Protect

A bulky Lickilicky that takes advantage of Cloud Nine to take on weather teams. Brick Break is mainly in case of Screens, but can also do good damage to Tyranitar and the like. Rock Tomb is a weaker Icy Wind, basically. I wish I could give it Icy Wind....oh well. Rock Tomb hits Volcarona, Charizard, etc for large damage at least.

Crobat (Jolly, 255 Speed, 255 Attack) (Inner Focus) (Choice Band)
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Steel Wing
-Cross Poison

Pretty much only Brave Bird and U-turn see use, the other moves are just filler. Anyway, Crobat is really fast, slap on a Choice Band and this thing is dangerous. Fake Out leads can't postpone its attacking, courtesy of Inner Focus.

Last edited:
Back