What's your pokemon team?

y u gotta link off site? The one of two threads we have explaining a hidden mechanic, and nobody advertises it... ;_;

[STRIKE]... Is what I'd say if Wiichat's EV guide wasn't so outdated.[/STRIKE]

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Plus I get to create another team of Shedinja's.

have fun with that

I'd say go for Gold. Still got that great feeling RBY had, but a better game as a whole IMO.

Last edited:
Half yes, half no.

Retro games, whether you've played them before or not, have that "retro" feeling. Probably has to do with the simplicity of games back in the day, or somethin'... That's what I was referring to. There's just somethin' nice 'bout playing retro games every once in awhile. It's refreshing.

... That, and I'm just not at all a fan of Hoenn. I'll never recommend RSE over any other mainstay 'mon RPG.

You're in the minority there. :lol: Hoenn just didn't feel right for me... Can't say I know why to this day. Just didn't click for me. I s'pose Hoenn is pretty hit or miss.

Environment I suppose was one of the reasons. It played a bigger role storywise with the legendaries and villains. The abundance of water was also enjoyable. Johto would be my least favorite region, although the games themselves were great.

I was never a fan of surfing (the same reason I'm not a fan of caves...), so perhaps that had something to do with it.

I don't believe the "story" or plot elements of any Pokemon game impacted how much I enjoyed said game until DPP, either. I certainly do see your point though.

^ I wish I could say the same, but... Uh, yeah. I ain't too engaged in competitive 'mons at the moment. Shameful, I know...

Jellicent
Water Absorb
Quiet
Leftovers
Evs: 252 hp, 252 sp atk, 6 sp def
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball/ Surf
- Trick Room

Tangrowth
Lead Guard
Adamant
Leftovers
Evs: 252 atk, 252 def, 6 hp
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Sleep Powder

Ninetales
Flash Fire
Modest
Salac Berry
Evs: 252 sp atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Energy Ball*
- Heat Wave

Rotom (Fan)
Levitate
Modest
Life Orb
Evs: 252 sp atk, 252 hp, 6 def
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash

Slowbro
Oblivious
Bold
Leftovers
Evs: 252 sp atk, 252 hp
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower

Lickilicky
Own Tempo
Adamant
Leftovers
Evs: 252 atk, 252 hp, 6 def
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Retaliate

My first attempt at a "trick room" team. Non-OU obviously.

For Tangrowth, use Regenerator. Same with Slowbro. And use Cloud Nine for Lickilicky.

And for Ninetails, I never understood why people use Heat Wave over Fire Blast or Flamethrower in singles. Flamethrower is nearly as powerful and has more accuracy, while Fire Blast is stronger at the cost of little accuracy.

Go for a -Speed nature for all the slow Pokemon.

Besides that, seems decent.

Last edited:
Back