What's your pokemon team?

@Storm & CK: Honchkrows' defenses are abysmal. Not good at all. His HP is good and his attacking stats are pretty highly above average, but defenses and speed are in the shitter.
You can CB Sucker Punch with him though. It's a bold move, but my Honchkrow is:
"Rook"
Adamant nature @ Choice Band
252 ATK/252 SPE/6 HP
Drill Peck
Sucker Punch
Steel Wing
Night Slash (for those anticipating sucker punch)

It worked OK for me. Takes some prediction and cleverness, but if you "outfox" them with NS when they predict a sucker punch, the ego boost is oh so win.

I would consider Murkrow, but you don't need any supporters. He's faster than Honch, but weaker.

Perish trapping Mismagius over Banette.
Remove Spiritomb. You REALLY don't need him. As long as you have ghosts, Absol works fine like CK said, but you also might consider a Drifblim for passing a massive HP sub to one of your sweepers.
It's risky, but a sashed Sharpedo can taunt and hit pretty hard.
A Shedinja can really mess with your friends head with Wonderguard.
Weavile can go in Spiritomb's stead as an effective sweeper.

Can't go into too much detail. Tired...

That actually sounds really good Fox. So, to me, my team will look as follows:

Dusknoir
Weavile
Absol
Drifblim
Sharpedo/ Frosslass
Umbreon

Hows that look?

I suppose it's between Sharpedo and Froslass.
I don't think you're going to get unbiased opinions from me and CK seing as he loves Froslass and me, Sharpedo, but on the other hand, you don't have a special man on your team so i'm inclined to lean towards Froslass.
Movesets?
Need halp: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

No bias Fox. :lol: My affection for certain pokes has nothing to do with what teams I use (yes, I'm a douche like that).

But ya, with the team modified you lack a special hitter. Sharpedo's crappy defenses don't let it take advantage of it's dark typing in helping the team either, so... Froslass > Sharpedo, in this situation. Froslass isn't all that good either, though... especially not on a non-EV'd team.

Need help on deciding natures, movesets...

-Garchomp
phy. Sweeper

Magnezone
Sp. sweeper/Tanker

-Tyranitar
Tanker

Ominite
Wall/tanker

Ill post later w/ movesets/evs

Heres my new team. I tried to make it much more balanced with plenty of support.

Drapion @ Leftovers
Hasty
Sniper
-Crunch
-Cross Poison
-Ice Fang
-Toxic Spikes

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Adamant
Pressure
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake
-Pain Split

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
Guts
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Stone Edge
-Facade

Froslass @ Life Orb
Hasty
Snow Cloak
-Ice Beam
-Ice Shard
-Thunder Wave
-Destiny Bond

Lucario @ Life Orb
Naughty
Steadfast
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch
-Swords Dance

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Careful
Sturdy
-Curse
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Iron Head

Ok, so my idea is to lead with Drapion and set up with Toxic Spikes, then he can hold his own with the listed moves and Nature, Hasty in case the opponent OHKO's him, he'll still be able to set up Toxic Spikes. Dusknoir comes in throwing a bone in, taking advantage of his movepool and good atttack instead of worrying about wearing them down with status. That would be expected, besides, the Toxic Spikes should do their job unless the switch in a poison, which would simply pull their team out of order.

Ursaring with Guts + Facade is scary, Toxic rb doing the job. He's not meant to last long, especially with his lack of speed. The poison will sap his health, but his strength with a Facade at base 140 to use at whim is very scary, plus Guts boost.

Froslass @ Life Orb to pump his STAB moves; Thunder Wave used to cripple anything Toxic Spikes dont hit or if they are removed, and Hasty Nature to ensure she can get off Destiny Bond before death.

Lucario + Attack Nature + Swords Dance + Any attack = Scary for opponent.
Extremespeed to outhit his faster yet fragile foes. I decided to opt for a wide range of attack, possible Sweep, but that is doused with my using of Life Orb.

Bastiodon being the all around "Great Wall". Was thinking Metal Burst, possibly will use, but the Curse adds to his already overwhelming defense, while pumping attack for Iron Head can even make Bastiodon scary. Plus Rest and Sleep Talk is his only recovery set while allowing options for his moves open.

So, what do you think?

Heres my Platinum team...all around lv. 45.

Empoleon-
Surf
Steel Wing
Rock Climb
Cut

Toxicroak-
Poison Jab
Swagger
Sucker Punch
Revenge

Abomasnow-
Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Grass Knot
Ice Shard

Crobat-
Confuse Ray
Fly
Aerial Ace
Poison Fang

Bibarel-
Rollout
Strength
Rock Smash
Yawn

Gabite-
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Sandstorm
Flamethrower

On my old Diamon i had:
Infernape
Garchomp
Gastrodon
Luxray
Roserade
Sataraptor

Pretty basic, but kicked butt :p

Movesets? Off the base, your team is REALLY quite standard. Without movesets, an official analysis cannot be given. But without, a Salamence could give this team a good whippin. With the exception of Garchomp, but hes Uber so...

Just made this today. Need to try it out though...
(Omitting EVs for the sake of simplicity and my EVs are where it needs to be regardless)

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
-Trick
-Iron Head
-Wish
-U-Turn

Anti-Lead off Smogon with a few variations. Decided to lean towards Wish > Stealth Rock. Depending how things play out, I'll consider changing it up to Stealth Rock.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Mild
-Superpower
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Roost

The wall breaking set. Since Jirachi is going Wish, I'm considering replacing Roost for Thunderbolt. Otherwise if I go with Stealth Rock on Jirachi, I'll be forced to keep Roost. Need to test it out still.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Mild
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Electric)
-Explosion

Since Jirachi will most likely be tricking off it's Choice Scarf, I have Heatran utilizing Choice Scarf as well. Pretty standard, protects the team from obvious fire attacks. Although I run the risk of getting KO'd in the process trying to save Jirachi due to 4x weakness to EQ, can't be helped.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold
-Reflect
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Thunder Wave

Status absorber, and thunderwaver. Aids in providing a reliable wall for my other Pokemon, as paralysis support for Togekiss. Ice beam is just for Mence and friends. Reflect because that's what the standard set said : P

Togekiss @ Leftovers
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave
-Aura Sphere
-Roost

Paraflinch. Nothing more needs to be said.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Adamant
-Seed Bomb
-Spore
-Protect
-Mach Punch

This was already on my Breloom so I'm keeping it. But Mach Punch gives me the lovely priority which I otherwise lack. With Hypnosis' drop in accuracy, less teams are inclined to have a sleep absorber, so yay me. Protect to scout, and Seed Bomb is STAB.

Overall, it looks solid on paper- to me at least. With 2 fliers (Dragonite + Togekiss) and a levitator (Cresselia) I believe I can handle EQ's. Any recommendations on a change of moveset, etc. with intelligent reasoning is appreciated.

Yes.

You see, if a fellow Pokemon were to say, use Toxic/Thunder Wave on me (Or I Thunder Waved something with Synchronize), by using Rest I recover to full health and get rid of my status. So if I predict a Pokemon is going to aim a Will-O-Wisp at my Dragonite, I can switch to Cresselia to absorb it, and rest to eliminate it. Combined with the huge defenses Cresselia has, very few Pokemon will 2HKO me meaning I should be fine.

Back