What's your pokemon team?

Dragonite really isnt much without DD and thunderpunch is for those waters that an atracking Dnite should be avoiding with him anyway since most of 'em carry ice moves. I see you trying to compensate with Life Orb but it's still not worth it.
That is a lie.

Draco Meteor
Roost
Fire Blast
Superpower

It's been working for me. You could also Choice Band that sucker and still get decent results.

That is a lie.

Draco Meteor
Roost
Fire Blast
Superpower

It's been working for me. You could also Choice Band that sucker and still get decent results.

As a sweeper, I would say it isn't a lie. That's a fine sturdy, wall breaking/tankish set, but without DD D-nite shouldn't be sweeping without a large stroke of luck/support.

Oh... and CB Mence >>>>> CB D-nite. But I'm sure we all know this.

Dragonite doesnt have the speed to seeep without some sort of boost. That's why DD is needed.

Here, Ive made this team specifically for battleing with my freinds, not competetive. Id still like your guys' opinion.

Dusknoir:
Leftovers
Adamant
Pressure
Tank
HP: 238
Atk: 254
Def: 310
SpAtk: 139
SpDef: 312
Spe: 123
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Pain Split

Basically, Dusknoir is meant to be the starter, using his impressive defenses and good Atk to pound away at the opponents team. Will-O-Wisp speaks for itself, and I chose Thunderpunch and Ice Punch for type coverage, with Pain Split being his, albeit mediocre, healing move. Leftovers to keep his hear beating longer.

Spiritomb:
Leftovers
Careful
Pressure
Tank
HP: 242
Atk: 215
Def: 241
SpAtk: 188
SpDef: 291
Spe: 102
-Taunt
-Pursuit
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Again, Spiritomb is meant in this set to function like Dusknoir, soaking hits while burning away at the team, making them pay with the Taunt, throwing an occassional Pursuit on fleeing opponents and sapping their health with Pain Split.

Bannette:
Lagging Tail
Adamant
Frisk
Status + Atk = Pain
HP: 290
Atk: 310
Def: 193
SpAtk: 170
SpDef: 178
Spe: 191
-Sucker Punch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Trick
-Grudge/Destiny Bond

Basically with Bannette, my idea consits of using Trick after Frisking the foe in order to make them the latter in speed. On the following turn, depending on the damage the foe has taken along with the item Bannette obtains, either a Burn or Sucker Punch. Once Bannettes health drops too low, Grudge will ensure a weakened target for the switch in, either that, or it will force the opponent to switch out. This poke works much like a suicide if I use Destiny Bond, taking the foe with me. Either way, Bannette will be able to mix up my opponent, allowing me a deeper peer into their team.

Froslass
Petaya Berry
Timid
Snow Cloak
Special Sweeper
HP: 269
Atk: 212
Def: 170
SpAtk: 236
SpDef: 192
Spe: 269
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball

froslass w/Petaya Sub makes a good Sweeper, and BoltBeam gives excellent coverage with Shadow Ball covering others.

Umbreon:
Leftovers
Gentle
Synchronize
Sp. Wall/ Status/ Support
HP: 344
Atk: 163
Def: 251
SpAtk: 141
SpDef: 345
Spe: 170
-Protect
-Wish
-Toxic
-Pursuit

Umbreons job is too wall Special users while taking them out via Toxic-WishProtect combo. Pursuit to get those who try to run. Kind of a backup generator, this Umbreon can ensure my survival simply by stalling until the foes faint from poison.

Gengar:
Focus Sash
Quiet
Levitate
Sweep
HP: 276
Atk: 150
Def: 172
SpAtk: 327
SpDef: 157
Spe: 243
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Explosion/ Destiny Bond

Gengar is sort of the creme de la creme of the team, boading an overwheling SpAtk and great coverage, along with a suicide move to take something with it if needed. Im leaning towards Explosion over Destiny bond because Explosion will get the job done much quicker without relying on the opponent to kill him.

Obviously this team has a strong weakness to Dark, but because of all the status inflictors, walls, and suicide bombers, they should not be a problem. Unless of course I fight an entire team of Dark types. rofl

Last edited:
Why are they all ghosts?....or....ghost-like things? But yeah, it seems like a good moveset.

Because thats my theme. While they all may share a common weakness, they dont have many, and most are walls. Plus, I have Umbreon to counter any Dark threats.

Just beat the E4 in my FireRed ;D

When my Butterfree was at Lv 55, it needed 9,001 experience points to get to the next level.

OVER 9,000

Anyways, the winning team was as follows:

Butterfree Lv 55
Charizard Lv 56
Zapdos Lv 57
Omastar Lv 56
Primeape Lv 55
Dugtrio Lv 55

Primeape and Dugtrio weren't even used, and Butterfree was only used once. Charizard was used a bit, but the whole E4 was almost completley destroyed by Omastar and Zapdos.

Lolz. It is... OVER 9000!!!

Anyway, nioce team. Omastar >>>>>>> Elite Four. Truthfully, nothing in their counters it, save for Bruno. Good job, congratulations WMBQ!

http://media.photobucket.com/image/over 9000/tictactaci/Cool Stuff/small9000.jpg?o=13

IT'S OVER NINE THOUUUUSSAAAAAANNNNDDDD!!!!!!

Here, Ive made this team specifically for battleing with my freinds, not competetive. Id still like your guys' opinion.

Dusknoir:
Leftovers
Adamant
Pressure
Tank
HP: 238
Atk: 254
Def: 310
SpAtk: 139
SpDef: 312
Spe: 123
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunderpunch
-Ice Punch
-Pain Split

Basically, Dusknoir is meant to be the starter, using his impressive defenses and good Atk to pound away at the opponents team. Will-O-Wisp speaks for itself, and I chose Thunderpunch and Ice Punch for type coverage, with Pain Split being his, albeit mediocre, healing move. Leftovers to keep his hear beating longer.

Spiritomb:
Leftovers
Careful
Pressure
Tank
HP: 242
Atk: 215
Def: 241
SpAtk: 188
SpDef: 291
Spe: 102
-Taunt
-Pursuit
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Again, Spiritomb is meant in this set to function like Dusknoir, soaking hits while burning away at the team, making them pay with the Taunt, throwing an occassional Pursuit on fleeing opponents and sapping their health with Pain Split.

Bannette:
Lagging Tail
Adamant
Frisk
Status + Atk = Pain
HP: 290
Atk: 310
Def: 193
SpAtk: 170
SpDef: 178
Spe: 191
-Sucker Punch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Trick
-Grudge/Destiny Bond

Basically with Bannette, my idea consits of using Trick after Frisking the foe in order to make them the latter in speed. On the following turn, depending on the damage the foe has taken along with the item Bannette obtains, either a Burn or Sucker Punch. Once Bannettes health drops too low, Grudge will ensure a weakened target for the switch in, either that, or it will force the opponent to switch out. This poke works much like a suicide if I use Destiny Bond, taking the foe with me. Either way, Bannette will be able to mix up my opponent, allowing me a deeper peer into their team.

Froslass
Petaya Berry
Timid
Snow Cloak
Special Sweeper
HP: 269
Atk: 212
Def: 170
SpAtk: 236
SpDef: 192
Spe: 269
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball

froslass w/Petaya Sub makes a good Sweeper, and BoltBeam gives excellent coverage with Shadow Ball covering others.

Umbreon:
Leftovers
Gentle
Synchronize
Sp. Wall/ Status/ Support
HP: 344
Atk: 163
Def: 251
SpAtk: 141
SpDef: 345
Spe: 170
-Protect
-Wish
-Toxic
-Pursuit

Umbreons job is too wall Special users while taking them out via Toxic-WishProtect combo. Pursuit to get those who try to run. Kind of a backup generator, this Umbreon can ensure my survival simply by stalling until the foes faint from poison.

Gengar:
Focus Sash
Quiet
Levitate
Sweep
HP: 276
Atk: 150
Def: 172
SpAtk: 327
SpDef: 157
Spe: 243
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Explosion/ Destiny Bond

Gengar is sort of the creme de la creme of the team, boading an overwheling SpAtk and great coverage, along with a suicide move to take something with it if needed. Im leaning towards Explosion over Destiny bond because Explosion will get the job done much quicker without relying on the opponent to kill him.

Obviously this team has a strong weakness to Dark, but because of all the status inflictors, walls, and suicide bombers, they should not be a problem. Unless of course I fight an entire team of Dark types. rofl

Considering your pokes' natural low defense, Dusknoir's high def (but low HP, so watch out [snake!]), and his will-o-wisp make him useful to the team. Dusknoir is certainly handy.

... Switch out Spiritomb or Dusknoir for something, period. Having a clone on your team is a really bad idea, trust me. Spiritomb is probably worse to keep, since you're not directing EVs and his Sucker Punch/Pursuit is very weak, while Dusknoir can hit hard and defend himself at the same time. I highly recommend taking Spiritomb out, and if not, Dusknoir.

Banette is... bleh. Useless. It's attack is it's only good stat, and even then, it's semi-average. It can't sweep, it can't support, it can't tank, it... can't do anything. If you want something that can use Sucker Punch effectively, go with a Swords Dancing Absol, and since it's a dark type, it helps your ghost-filled team as well. Get rid of Banette ASAP, or atleast get a better ghost like Mismagius. Lagging Tail tricking just isn't good enough IMO.

Ah yes, Froslass, my absolute favorite Ghost type, and one of my favorite ice types. Too bad it's useless on teams like this... It's speed is suprisingly low for being non EVd even, making it easy to hit with a relatively slow moving poke. Since it's sp. atk isn't maxed, and other pokes are generally quite bulky with the random defenses/HP EVs, SubPetaya is a very bad strategy for non-EV teams, trust me. Froslass isn't that good of a choice, considering how flimsy your team already is, but if you're bent on using it, don't use a SubPetaya set. Use something like a Choice Specs set.

Umbreon is very useful for this team. He can stall with toxic, which is rather easy against non-EV'd pokes (unless they have stat up moves), he can protect-wish to recover HP, or support the team by switching out for wish to heal a team mate. He also has key resistances to help your ghosts, which is a great plus - however, there's something wrong with your moveset.

Pursuit. Umbreon's attack is pathetic, even with STAB and an enemy switching out (120 BP), he can barely even tap an opponent. I would personally recommend putting Yawn on Umbreon. That way he can phase an enemy. Because from there two things can happen. One, you yawn someone on the switch, meaning they attack, you wish, and they fall asleep. On the switch, you use toxic to infect the next pokemon coming in, while you recover from wish.

Or, when you yawn on the switch, you wish as they switch again, and you can protect for the recovery, or switch out to heal another team member. Useful, right? Yawn is great for psuedo-hazing, and while double status with Toxic may not seem smart, it's not a bad idea if you employ it right. So in short, I recommend replacing Pursuit with Yawn.

Gengar doesn't learn Ice Beam. :p Hidden Power Ice only. I know, it'd kick ass if he did learn it... too bad. Since Gengar has a focus sash, I highly recommend he be your lead instead of Dusknoir, otherwise that sash may fall on the switch/due to Stealth Rock/Sandstream/Hail (?!). I would personally recommend explosion, considering you have a crappy Quiet nature which lowers speed. He's way too slow now, so it's hard to get off destiny bond.

Also, since you can't have Ice Beam and I know you won't bother breeding for HP Ice, you said it was a casual team after all, so replace it with Hypnosis. Hypnosis helps Gengar lead even better by giving status, allowing him to disable would-be counters or enemy leads. Then, he can proceed to wallop enemies with other moves.

Also, give Gengar Shadow Ball. Dark Pulse doesn't get STAB, so Gengar would much rather have Shadow Ball. 80 power compared to 120 power AND a possible Sp. def drop is much better than a 30% flinch rate when Gengar is already incredibly slow. So Gengar's moveset should probably be this:

Gengar @ Focus Sash

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis
Explosion

Now, onto the analysis in general. This is very bad, even for a casual team... The gapping ghost/dark weakness is terrible, and if Umbreon dies, you're screwed. Banette and Froslass are generally inferior, and they die off quickly, leaving you with half a team.

You have very few resistances and immunities (I'm not counting normal/fighting, because no idiot would use that move type when their opponent has a swarm of ghosts), and since you only have one wall, that can lead to trouble.

You also only have offensive pokes for Sp. atk (Banette doesn't really count, he... sucks) , meaning you could easily be walled by a Blissey. ... Blissey stalls this entire team actually, except Dusknoir. Overall, you need a new team. Styling it over a type is good, but you need dual types to patch up your obvious weaknesses, which you aren't doing enough of. Ghosts simply aren't a good team theme. You can go for it, but let's just say my non-EV'd team would rip this team apart.

Yes, I know this is a bad analysis... Sorry man, I'm just not in the mood tonight. No excuse though, I just hope it's not too terrible.

Id rather have you be honest with a review than give me a good one bc you dont want to be crude. I was thinking of changing it anyway, most likely switching out Bannette and Spiritomb like you said for more resistance stuff.

I would think Houndoom possibly as one of the replacements? That way, I could add a resistance for my Ghost theme while adding a fire type coverage along with some physical power. That, and maybe a Honchcrow? It has decent defenses, speed, and good Atk. Btw, question, Honchcrow with Super Luck, Scope Lens, and Night Slash would have what percentage critical hit ratio?

My Ruby team isn't the prettiest... Open to Flying mainly, but many other faults. But here it is:

Blaziken
Swampert
Sceptile
Flygon
Blaziken
And... I can't think of it. But any ideas for a better team?

Houndoom is a pretty bad idea, he's very fragile, has a generally bad movepool, and isn't really that strong. Honchkrow is a good choice, but you need to be careful with him. His defenses aren't all that good, he's not all that fast, and he has a SR weakness.

I think you really need a main sweeper, and Absol would be a good poke to use IMO. SD LO Sucker Punch stings pretty badly, especially with STAB. His Sucker Punch is even stronger than Arceus' E-speed, you know.

Also, with Scope Lens, Super Luck, and a high crit ratio move, you have a 33.3 chance to get a critical hit. If you use an item that gives you +2 crit ratio stages (stick, lansat berry, etc.), it's 50%. Or if you use Scope Lens, Super Luck, a hit crit ratio move, AND focus energy, you have 50%.

Yes, Houndour would be worse, considering it's the previous form. >.>;

Also, RockerJ, if you want a team analysis, I'll need to know your pokes' movesets.

Back