What's your pokemon team?

Yeah, we're going to see SR frequently in-game. :p

Not to mention Gyara has intimidate, and is much more bulky than a flimsy ghost. I'd say Gyara is more useful in-game than Gengar is, or atleast for battling.

Yeah those facts stuck in the back of my head too.
I hate how I'm actually knocking Gyarados! =p

Thing is though, most people clamur for a team filled with physical pokes, like Gyara.
Then again, all physical isnt TOO bad. Blissey isnt a threat.

It's not like anyone'l get walled by a Skarmory in-game anyways, lol. The odds of it having roost are so low, and even then, without EVs it's not exactly a threat. And even if all things go wrong, what can it do, PP stall for a few turns? :lol:

Casual gamers almost never go for walls anyways, and when they do, they usually aren't going to use them in a wall fashion. So no worries, eh?

I meant offensively. Not many Alakazams or Starmies running around.

OH. Lol, right. Again, if anything, especially an Alakazam has no EVs or worse, a speed decreasing nature, You might see Gyara outrun it.

Actually, you can own and evolve any pokemon, in the Plat Sinnoh dex or not. The number just won't show up. What made you think that?

No, I was not being sarcastic. :p
oh yea my brother told me u coudnt evolve pokemon in platinum if they werent in the sinnoh dex............so thnx for letting me know

I know I haven't posted in forever, but CK/Fox, that conversation just made me verry happy.

Woot! I have a new team made. Kinda experimental here, so bear with me.

Abomasnow @ Modest
Snow warning

Frosslass @ Modest
Snow Cloak w/ Brightpowder

Walrein @ Modest
Ice Body w/ Leftovers

Tyranitar @ Adamant
Sand Stream w/ Life Orb

Hippowdon @ Adamant
Sand Stream w/ Leftovers

Gliscor @ Adamant
Sand Veil w/ Brightpowder

This is my team at a glance, pending movesets but the ones I have though up give great support and coverage. My idea is to start with Hippo setting up SR, then Yawn, either causing them to sleep or forcing a switch, upon which I can throw a Toxic or another Yawn. Keep em at bay until Hippo goes, forcing the switch gives SR some strength, especially if they bring in a flying type expecting an earthquake for extra SR damage Plus Sandstorm.

Then, depending on the situation of course, Ill bring in Gliscor who is a set up Sweeper on this team (SD) Sand Veil and Brightpowder make him damn hard to hit, so set up for him will be easy, along with his impressive stats. Playing it from their is easy, switching out to Abomasnow most likely to bring the hail, and bomb their team. Switch to Froslass afterwords for easy mop up with Snow Cloak, then Walrein the tank bc of Ice Body and Leftovers healing 1/8 every turn while he chews away at them. Bear in mind of Sandstorm, Hail, and Stealth rock cycling damage intervals.

TTar is for mop up job, sporting a wide coverage set.

So, comments?

Needz moar moveset.

Really Storm, that's a bad hail team right there... TTar and Hippowdon fail because they're weather inducers. Even if you only bring them in for one turn, you need to bring Abomasnow back in; which may easily get KO'd on the switch(s). This team has really negative synergy, so I do not approve.

If you want someone setting up Stealth Rock, you'll want Froslass to do it. Focus Sash with a Speed boosting nature, and ofcourse max speed EVs, make Froslass very useful. Not to mention Froslass gets spikes, which can be better than Stealth Rock if you get up multiple layers; you'll want Stealth Rock if your team's more offensive based, though.

It's either just Hail, or just Sandstorm. A fight will never go your way 100% like that, dooming your strategy to fail, sorry to say.

Oh, and I'd be outright pissed at anyone who uses Brightpowder as an item; you'll get no respect (or sympathy) from me if you use those items. ;)

i don't see the trouble with Brightpowder. i fight pokes with Brightpowder a lot and i never seem to miss unless they raise their evasivness or lower my accuracy with a move. Brightpowder just never works for me or my enemies.

EDIT: or is Brightpowder only effective in Wi-fi battles?

Brightpowder still gets an unfair miss from time to time; increasing 28% accuracy to around 38% is cheap, you can place Brightpowder on any pokemon unskillfully and see it get use on occasion. Abusing evasion is generally looked down apon, and Brightpowder is often a banned item in competitive battles. Not to mention it's basically hax, and I play with the evasion and hax clauses; like many others.

i still find it useless. in fact i hit Brightpowder pokes more than others. Zap Cannon never seems to hit. give the enemy Brightpowder and i can't miss. just seems like a waste to me.

anyways i've been working on a new team.

Tyranitar (Lead)
-EQ
-Aqua Tail
-Stone Edge
-Crunch or Stealth Rock

Gliscor (Wall)
-EQ
-Roost
-Ice Fang
- ???

Salamence (Spec. sweep)
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse
-Dragon Dance

Infernape (Phys. sweep)
-CC
-Flare Blitz
-Thunderpunch
- ???(thinking Stone Edge)

Gyrados
-Waterfall
-Dragon Dance
- ???(thinking Ice Fang)
- ???

then either:

Scizor or Metagross

That lead TTar set is only good with a Choice Band, so that's the item of choice I'd say. And even if you don't use a CB, Stealth Rock isn't all-that good of a choice for TTar, there are better SR users like Azelf or Hippowdon.

To be honest, I think you should give Gliscor Stealth Rock instead of TTar; with his great defenses and resists, he's great at getting it on the field. In non-competitive play, he'd probably be a good lead too. Also, give him Stone Edge instead of Ice Fang. Rock and Ground have simply great coverage.

Dragon Dance is entirely useless if you're using all special moves, Shadow. :p Give it a specs (Salamence lacks power without Specs, and if you give it a life orb, a mixed set is a better idea), and put Draco Meteor over Dragon Dance. Draco Meteor is necesarry for raw power to put everything in it's place; Draco Meteor OHKO's plenty that Dragon Pulse can't.

Infernrape's moveset depends a lot on it's item. That moveset is passable, but only for a Choice Band set; if TTar is already using a Band, you won't want Infernrape using one. What's it's item, Shadow?

DD Gyara is fun, yeah? Just give it EQ and the Ice Fang you mentioned, and you're set. Water/Ground/Ice has epic coverage.

Since you're using Salamence, Skarmory isn't really a problem for you, and Infernape owns Skarmory too if it has Overheat/Fire Blast, so you shouldn't need Magnezone. Magnezone also shares a few nasty weaknesses with the team, such as Fighting and especially Ground (3x). Scizor is the much better choice. Scizor can be your back-up sweeper too, in case Gyara is felled by an electric move.

ok. i'll give Gliscor SR and Stone Edge, like you said. i'll also switch out DD for Draco on Salamence. as for Infernape's item, i was thinking a life orb would do good. i'll throw EQ on Gyarados and take Scizor.

for Scizor, how about: Brick Break, Bullet Punch, Swords Dance and X Scissor?

Ah, a Life Orb? Ok, you'll definatly want a mixed set then. I can tell you want a mostly physical one, so here's a good one, straight from Smogon.

Close Combat
U-turn
Stone Edge
Overheat

Since Overheat is the only special move, you can just spam the crap out of it on switches, and then use the appropriate move to take the enemy out; or get in a light hit while retreating with U-turn, if you're faster. I'd say it's a great Infernape set; and just as great for less competitive play.

That moveset's perfect for Scizor, it's a pretty standard used one. I use a Scizor with that exact moveset, actually. Tack on a Life Orb too; after a SD a move with 90 BP (even after STAB) hits hard, but not hard enough, so a Life Orb is the best item choice.

Back