What's your worst fear???

I don't understand fears of clowns, isn't it just like fearing someone with makeup? You wouldn't like to be in my school then, they all look like clowns >_<;

I detest spiders, don't fear them, I just don't like the fact they can navigate through anywhere in the room, run away from you and have a horrible feeling when they touch you.

And drowning, ugh.

Haha, Frogger can't swim. Yeah, I know.

mr_resi said:
Both :p

i also used to fear autistic children when i was little because i thought i would cath their "handicapness"
catch their handicapness........ lol!

mr_resi said:
Lol, i dont fear death but im homophobic and afraid of heights, o and dont tell anyone (i am being serious when i say this) i am afraid of butterflies.

Death - Rational - Underlying Causes = unknown...

Heights - Irrational/Near-Rational - Underlying Causes = unknown...

Butterflies - Irrational/Near-Rational - Underlying Causes = unknown...

Homophobia - Totally Irrational - Underlying Cause = IGNORANCE, Parental Abuse or Anxiety (mainly by one's own in-ability to decide upon one's sexuality or is frustrated that others can be open out it and they cannot.). - (also you're like... what? (takes guess) 13/14/15?... you have no idea how the world works, grow up.)

Clowns is a strange fear... most people i've talked to about it... say they've either seen the film 'IT' (Based on the book, by the same name, by Stephen King) or have an underlying cause (e.g. Clown scared (said 'boo' or something) them as a child)

Most fears are associated with TV/Films they've seen... remember... THEY STAY IN THE FILM... most of the time... (i.e. Jaime Bulger/Bluger case - some sick kids today :eek:ut: )

the_flood502 said:
Death - Rational - Underlying Causes = unknown...

Heights - Irrational/Near-Rational - Underlying Causes = unknown...

Butterflies - Irrational/Near-Rational - Underlying Causes = unknown...

Homophobia - Totally Irrational - Underlying Cause = IGNORANCE, Parental Abuse or Anxiety (mainly by one's own in-ability to decide upon one's sexuality or is frustrated that others can be open out it and they cannot.). - (also you're like... what? (takes guess) 13/14/15?... you have no idea how the world works, grow up.)

Clowns is a strange fear... most people i've talked to about it... say they've either seen the film 'IT' (Based on the book, by the same name, by Stephen King) or have an underlying cause (e.g. Clown scared (said 'boo' or something) them as a child)

Most fears are associated with TV/Films they've seen... remember... THEY STAY IN THE FILM... most of the time... (i.e. Jaime Bulger/Bluger case - some sick kids today :eek:ut: )

I completely agree with you on the homophobia thing, I don't understand it either. Simon Amstell's gay and he's like the best man to walk this universe. (Except you, Jesus ¬¬;)

There's no evidence that the Jamie Bolger case actually relates to films, the main one being Chucky. His mum's a lovely person, I don't understand why anyone would do that. My mum used to keep hold of me all the time when I was little and used to walk around that place... What annoys me most is that they have new identities...

Now, on the issue of heights, this one I can't understand either. Surely, it's a fear of falling and not heights, I'm okay with heights. Distinguish a 'height' for me, because, literally, it's nothing. I suppose there's no reason that people shouldn't go on rollercoasters either, they are harmless. Mind over matter, people! :D

Frogger said:
Now, on the issue of heights, this one I can't understand either. Surely, it's a fear of falling and not heights, I'm okay with heights. Distinguish a 'height' for me, because, literally, it's nothing. I suppose there's no reason that people shouldn't go on rollercoasters either, they are harmless. Mind over matter, people! :D

Web Definition said:
Height: Height is a measurement of the distance from the bottom to the top of something which is upright. The measurement must be taken vertically, otherwise it is termed the length (or sometimes, the width). Like length and width, it is measured in units of length.

it is the fear of falling... anticipation reaction of falling is what can cause it... but it may not be the main cause of it...

as with most fears there can be underlying causes. Although i'm out of ideas as to what it could be =/

New fear, having a gang of chavvies beating me shitless for no reason :) ain't exactly the nicest thought, having about 10 people with bats and **** just kicking the crap outta you for no reason..

Back