When you First Heard About the Wii...

FR.

Feb 19, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
4253-4708-4555-0363
What was your reaction?

I was in summer camp in July when my counsler brought it up. It sounded cool so I told my mom that I wanted one for Christmas.

I thought it sounded rubbish and that Nintendo had lost the plot. I thought Wii Sports looked really poor and wouldn't be a match for the 360 or forthcoming PS3. After hearing numerous things about them I changed my mind though!

i was going to get a playstation 3 but when i heard about the contoller i was like " CRAP CRAP !! AMAZING CONSOLE ! EVRYONE BUY! GAH HAHA NEOOOOHA!! "

but it hasnt really lived up to my expectations as much as i hoped ...but its still the best conroller out there ! just give it time and on games like zelda, the movement we make with the wiimote, the sword will follow! and i cant wait....

When I first heard it, it was called the revolution...and I was interested!
Nintendo always has something up its sleeve so once I heard about the controller....I thought of the possibilities and what its capible of!
Not only that but you could acces the internet in your room....get classic games on the VC and ect.! I also knew it was the cheepest console....so I was going to get it......but I'll get any Nintendo console only if Zelda and Mario are on it! I was always destined to be a Nintendo fanboy!

Last edited:
honestly I was so happy when I saw it, and didnt think that it was made by Nintendo. im not sure where I heard about it though..I forget..but it was something on the internet for sure.

I thought that the revolution remote looked like a funny tv remote, and that ps3 would be the way forward, that was along time ago.

at first i was like hmmm doesnt seem to be that good and I was going to get the ps3 but when i heard the great reports and how fun there is to it and there was going to be a ZELDA game for it I thought im GETTING THIS CONSOLE! lol

briers07 said:
at first i was like hmmm doesnt seem to be that good and I was going to get the ps3 but when i heard the great reports and how fun there is to it and there was going to be a ZELDA game for it I thought im GETTING THIS CONSOLE! lol

Its a Nintendo console. Doesn't that make it obvious that there is going to be a Zelda game released for it?

A long while ago. I think around March 2006. I remember when the name Wii was introduced and it caused a big uproar.

Flagel said:
I thought that the revolution remote looked like a funny tv remote, and that ps3 would be the way forward, that was along time ago.

So, I assume you're a Wii fanatic now. ;)

I have always been excited about the Wii. Ever since I heard about the Revolution, I was wishing for it. I knew it was going to be good because of Nintendo.

I was tracking it when it was called the revolution and nobody new a lot about it. I got pictures and looked at articles. When I finally new what the controllers were like and things like that I thought cool. But, I was still planning on getting the PS3. However, after playing it at a friends house I was like "I HAVE TO GET THIS" so I got it shortly after:smilewinkgrin:

Sometime fall 2005 I think, basically the first day it was announced.

I can't believe some of you didn't hear about it till 06 lol.

Back