When you First Heard About the Wii...

When I first heard the name I was like WTF! Then I saw the remote and said cool. But then I was like Kevin P. and said if I buy it I'm gonna have to find someone to go in there and buy me it.

Me:Can I have a pre-order a Wii
Everyone in the store:lol

When i'm going to buy something, even the littlest things, I do a crapload of research on it. I was interested in the Rev. the second it was announced. I was looking to get a 360, but I delayed my gratification and I have not regretted it at all.

Last edited:
it was early september, found out quite late...i wasnt really thinking about consoles at the time...i guess i would have gone for the 360 if the wii didnt come along. at first i didnt think much of it, as my friend always makes things out to be better than they are. but this time, he was right :D

FR. said:
What was your reaction?

I was in summer camp in July when my counsler brought it up. It sounded cool so I told my mom that I wanted one for Christmas.

i thought nintendo had gone off the deep end :p:prrr: how wrong i was (i think O_O ) :shocked:

i heard about it the moment it was unmasked :)

Sovieto said:
2005, september when it was first announced at the japanese keynote thing

yeah, thats when i heard of it too. i hated the controller and didnt even think about it until e3 2006 and kind of got addicted to it

i was watching a commercial and i thought it was the ps3 lol

Sovieto said:
2005, september when it was first announced at the japanese keynote thing

hmmm...Does anyone have a video of this 'Japanese Keynote thing'? I didnt get to see the unveiling of the Wii (then Revolution) but I think it would be quite interesting to see how they showed it off and what the crowd's reaction was? A link to the video would be great :smilewinkgrin:

Borch712ers said:
hmmm...Does anyone have a video of this 'Japanese Keynote thing'? I didnt get to see the unveiling of the Wii (then Revolution) but I think it would be quite interesting to see how they showed it off and what the crowd's reaction was? A link to the video would be great :smilewinkgrin:
couldnt find video (which is very boring)
http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=TfyOgnUc7zB-ZlzdQvMhKJOgS5LsR2nK&page=newsmain
gives you the bulk of it in text then a link to the video

Back