Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

Shoko said:
they should come out with a second wii controller, for brawl and future games like it, that dont exactly use motion sensing
Currently, there is a lot of skepticism as to whether Ninty will be keeping their word when they announced at E3 that Brawl would not use motion sensing. In other words, some people think they might be adding it, especially after the recent 'cracker launcher' and it using two analogs.
Shoko said:
yea, it would be hard to press 1 and 2 on the wiimote fast enough.
I never really understood the button placement of the wii remote. They could easily fit 5+ more buttons up by the A button. Is it because of their gimmick of 'simplism.' It would be pretty hard to incorporate the +, -, 1, or 2 buttons in active gameplay.

they shouldve moved the + and - by the a and d pad. it makes no sense how they arranged the wiimote

I think the + and - are easy to reach and use, except if you'd need to push them simultaneously with A or d-pad. As for 1 and 2, well, they're clearly for the sideways play (NES-pad style). But I agree that they should've added at least two more buttons by the A button.

Have they said you'll be able to use the classic controller/gc controller?

Personally, I hope it's Wiimote&Nunchuk only.

I liked Smash Bros on the GC, but I'm looking for a Wii game here, not a GC game with Wiimote support.

it really wouldnt matter, as long as u can choose between the gc and wiimote.

were talkin about controls for brawl.......not friend codes...

Yeah Controlers I saw the clasic controler today at the store I was thinking about geting it but i Got Mario Party 8 hahah but its cool the controller its smaller than gamecube i little bit

If it is GameCube controller only I absolutely agree that will be unfair on those that only own a Wii. However, it might be a good thing. Perhaps we will see a GC controller pack-in with Brawl?

^Absolutely will not happen. It is a GAMECUBE controller, second rate in the eyes of Ninty. They will not package it because to the majority of the fanbase, it will look like Ninty doesnt support their own product (the wii remote).

Retailers, on the other hand, could POSSIBLY create a package of their own. Although, I doubt that will happen aswell.

I disagree. All signs point to the game being controlled via GC pad only. If this is the case how can nintendo really see the controller as "second rate"? Perhaps they, rightly, realise its merely different to the Wii Remote and some games just don't suit the remote.

If this is the case I do think a pack-in is possible. When you consider it's likely more people will own Wii's than GC's by the end of the year forcing a large part of your market for such a big game to seek out old GC pads just to play the game seems like a poor decision.

On the other hand, what I think is more likely, is that Nintendo will push the Classic Controller as the main device to play smash with. I, however, do hope the option to play with wii remote and nunchuk is there but I doubt it will be.

^Agreed. Ninty will definetly push for the classic over the Cube controller.

Back