Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

LevesqueIsKing said:
3) And then recently, we were shown a new item on the Brawl website (www.smashbros.com) which in the description said that we could move around and jump (analog stick) whyll we aim the weapon up and down with the c-stick.

When we heard #3 just a few weeks ago, many people saw it as the confirmation that there would be no Wii Remote usage in Brawl (because the wii-remote only has one analog stick, and no c-stick, so without a remap of buttons, the wii-remote could not be used)

Carefule not to read more into the quote than it actually says. Here's all it says:
"You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.
You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down."

Nothing about walking around using the control stick while simultaneously aiming with the c-stick. What they say could easily be accomplished with a single control stick: Walk around with the weapon using the control stick. Hit a button to prepare to fire. Use the same control stick to aim. Fire. Walk around again.

Their statement is a little ambiguous though, so they could mean walking and aiming at the same time.

Skippy said:
Carefule not to read more into the quote than it actually says. Here's all it says:
"You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.
You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down."

Nothing about walking around using the control stick while simultaneously aiming with the c-stick. What they say could easily be accomplished with a single control stick: Walk around with the weapon using the control stick. Hit a button to prepare to fire. Use the same control stick to aim. Fire. Walk around again.

Their statement is a little ambiguous though, so they could mean walking and aiming at the same time.
Its fairly obvious that the weapon will use to analog sticks. Why (if it used just one) else would aiming the gun require the C-Stick?

SCREW THE ITEMS ANYWAY!! I ONLY PLAY WITH ITEMS IF I WANT TO GOOF AROUND WITH MY FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN BUT WHEN IM PLAYING SERIOUS MATCHES (USUALLY ONE-ON-ONE) I PLAY WITH NO ITEMS. and alot of people play like that too. i say argueing about how to control a item is useless. i mean, u can talk about the items and stuff but how to control them..not that big of a deal. we should have more things to worry about......like characters, stages, and GAME MODES!

^You obviously have no idea what your talking about Shoko. The item is a VERY small detail in the big picture. The item's description has led us to create assumptions about CONTROLLER COMPATABILITY. The main topic is which controllers will be compatable with the game, not how to control the item.

yes, and some of them were talkin about how to control an item. the thread was about WHICH CONTROLLER WILL YOU BE USING, NOT HOW YOU TO CONTROL AN ITEM! u guys went way off topic

We were as on-topic as possible, Shoko. Our answer, of the question, "which controller will you be using?" directly depends on how you control an item. If you do need two analogs to control an item, than we cannot use the wii-remote, and therefore our answer to the initial question will change to either the Gamecube or Classic controller. However, if the item does not require two analogs, than our answer might also be the wii-remote/nunchuk combo.

NO IT DOSENT! WHICH CONTROLLER UR USING DOES NOT DEPEND ON HOW YOU CONTROL AN ITEM! i made a simple question, (if u were able to use all 3) whic controller will you use?. its as simple as that. and most of ya have WAY different views on the controlling of the superscope and items like it, so it wouldnt matter anyway. we already reasoned why you would use all 3 controllers, which made perfect sense to everyone in this thread, therefore, screw the control of an item because were pretty sure u can use either 3 anyway.

Shoko said:
i made a simple question, (if u were able to use all 3) whic controller will you use?
You just contradicted yourself. You didnt state that in your initial post, and therefore we have the authority to discuss which controllers we will be able to use.

I didnt even bother reading the rest of your post.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Its fairly obvious that the weapon will use to analog sticks. Why (if it used just one) else would aiming the gun require the C-Stick?

I never suggested that the gun will not use an analog stick to aim. And it does not say that aiming the gun is with the c-stick. They just say "control stick" which could be any analog control stick.

:wtf: Votes this as most idiotic post of the year.

WTF do you think C-Stick STANDS FOR

LevesqueIsKing said:
You just contradicted yourself. You didnt state that in your initial post, and therefore we have the authority to discuss which controllers we will be able to use.

I didnt even bother reading the rest of your post.
ok. so wat if i didnt mention that? and hows that contridicting myself. read the rest of the post.

Shoko said:
yes, and some of them were talkin about how to control an item. the thread was about WHICH CONTROLLER WILL YOU BE USING, NOT HOW YOU TO CONTROL AN ITEM! u guys went way off topic

don't be so thick mate, the information about the item was brought up because it may be useful to ascertain which controllers may be used.

And its obvious that the wording contorl stick was used so that there are no links to any conrol scheme

Last edited:
like i said in the other post, we are ready dicussed and agreed that you will be able to use all 3 controllers. so why debate about how to control an item, trying to determine which controls are going to be used, when we all agreed that u can use all 3?

Back