Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

I'll be using the only confirmed controller simply because even if the wiimote/nunchuck was confirmed, it simply couldn't keep up with all the buttons I'd press.

I need my X and Y buttons. They jump.
I need my L and R buttons. They block/dodge.

And again, I seriously doubt that the wiimote will be able to be used in a game like this... Something someone who hasn't played the series on a moderately challenging level doesn't grasp.

Maybe if you turn the Wiimote on the side it...wait that would still be pretty confusing, I think I'm going to stick with the GC controller for what Trulen said and that I'm most familiar with it and it's fundamental (no one can deny that).

Trulen said:
I'll be using the only confirmed controller simply because even if the wiimote/nunchuck was confirmed, it simply couldn't keep up with all the buttons I'd press.

I need my X and Y buttons. They jump.
I need my L and R buttons. They block/dodge.

And again, I seriously doubt that the wiimote will be able to be used in a game like this... Something someone who hasn't played the series on a moderately challenging level doesn't grasp.

(Numbers are Mine)
1. No controllers have been controlled yet.
2. Seriously, who uses X and Y for anything other than short hops?
3. The Z/C button could easily be used in replacement for L and R.

Do you honestly think that if they make the wii-remote nunchuk combo playable, that they would just leave out some of the options. Nintendo Rep:"Yeah, we're going to make the Wii-Remote compatable, but we ran out of buttons, so we're just going to leave out smash attacks, thats okay by you guys, right?"

Levesque is right. I've played Smash at a relatively highish level and I do think that aslong as the buttons can be mapped it's workable. Ofc Smash veterans would probably rather stick with what they know. But that doesn't make wii remote control impossible.

Perhaps they could map it something like:

Z - same as B-button on GC pad
C - shield/dodge
A - basic hit, same as A on GC
B - jump

Then maybe you could do grab on either down D-Pad or +/-?
C stick would be a big problem but then perhaps a return to non-c-stick smashes would be better anyway....

I'm just throwing some ideas out there. I'm not suggesting this would be better than a cube pad but perhaps its possible nonetheless.

Let's stop wishing and come back to reality - we have no confirmed information.

FR. said:
Let's stop wishing and come back to reality - we have no confirmed information.

It IS CONFIRMED That We'll Be Able To Use The GC AND The Wiimote.

Look It Up.

^So what do you suggest we talk about in this thread, nothing? Great suggestion FR.

In reference to Dazzel's post: Am I the only one that moves the control stick up to jump? Everyone is talking about using y and x to jump and I only use those for short hops, because its difficult to hop with the stick. Also, How many of you use the C-stick to smash? I never have, because you cant hold a smash with the C-stick.

So, I guess what I am saying is that IF ninty were to leave any buttons out, I would leave out the c-stick option first, and then x-y, BUT NO MORE. Only those because they serve the same purpose as other buttons.

EDIT: Maniac: Your funny, really, did you expect us to believe that? No control options whatsoever have been confirmed. The only information we have been given is "Dont throw away your Gamecube Controllers" and some other quote (I forget it word for word) saying that it would be difficult to incorporate motion sensing.

Shoko said:

:yikes: - You can count.

Anyway, I beleive you guys about the info so just for curiositys sake, could I have the link to the page were you found this info.

the info's kinda everywhere. its in the first couple of articles for brawl. im too lazy to get a link. some1 get a link for him please

Hold on you can use Wiimote and nunchuck too
awww what ever im using gamecube

FR. said:
:yikes: - You can count.

Anyway, I beleive you guys about the info so just for curiositys sake, could I have the link to the page were you found this info.
Im with Shoko, but let me remind you that we have VERY little info that we are basing all of these assumptions on. The only info we have is:
1) A quote of a nintendo rep saying "Dont throw away your gamecube controllers" (pertaining to Brawl)
2) Another rep saying (idk it word for word) something like 'it would be hard to incorporate motion sensing into the game because it is so fast paced.
3) And then recently, we were shown a new item on the Brawl website (www.smashbros.com) which in the description said that we could move around and jump (analog stick) whyll we aim the weapon up and down with the c-stick.

Number 1 initially led us to believe that Brawl would use the GC controller along with the Wii remote/Nunchuk combo. When we heard number 2, however, a lot of people thought that Nintendo would not be incorporating the Wii remote at all, why'll others of us held onto a strand of hope that they would use the Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo, just not motion sensing. When we heard #3 just a few weeks ago, many people saw it as the confirmation that there would be no Wii Remote usage in Brawl (because the wii-remote only has one analog stick, and no c-stick, so without a remap of buttons, the wii-remote could not be used)

At this point, Im guessing that both the GC controller and the Classic controller will be used. Wii Remote/Nunchuk usage is still up in the air, however I believe that they will make it happen because in the end, it is a WII game. My guess is that Nintendo scrapped what they said in number 2, and decided to use motion sensing for just a few parts of Brawl (where two analog sticks are needed).

Rep if info was helpful/interesting.

Back