Which Controlers will you be using for Brawl?

Shoko said:
like i said in the other post, we are ready dicussed and agreed that you will be able to use all 3 controllers. so why debate about how to control an item, trying to determine which controls are going to be used, when we all agreed that u can use all 3?

sorry but you 'all' agreeing doesn't really make it true, unless your in some way involved in developing brawl. In fact the admittedly sketchy details we've got on the control scheme does not support the idea of the wiimote being used what with us being told 'not to throw away your gamecube controllers' and that 'too much motion sensitivity can get in the way of a fasted placed game like this' so i'm not sure why your stating in numerous threads that all three will be used as if its a sure thing and that your somehow in the know.

Just chill out guys who cares when the game is released we will find out for sure. For now we wait i personally am gonna try all the control's out and see which is my favorite way to play :cool:

look, this how we agreed on being able to use all three
1. the gamecube controller. sakurai already said wed use it, so we can keep the fimiliar controls
2. we also agreed on the wiimote being able to be used, simply because it is still a wii game and a game must use its system's controller. (unless its something like guitar hero, which brawl isnt) plus, sakurai SAID PLAYING WITH THE WIIMOTE FELT TACKED ON, which means they made controls with the wiimote for brawl
3. the classic controller. some people dont have gamecube controllers, and already have classic controllers for their vc games. sakurai might include the classic controller for people who dont have cubes, AND FOR PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY WANT TO PLAY AND A REGURLAR, STANDARD CONTROLLER. those, were the reasons why I say u will be able to use all three. and nobody can get mad at me either or try to prove me wrong cause i used great reasoning and logic to copme up with the conclusion. u though i was just saying, all because we agreed on it, it was true. but you didnt go back and read the posts, like u shouldve. dont try to talk on the 7th page on a thread about things that happened on past, and then dont even go back and read about it

Shoko said:
1. the gamecube controller. sakurai already said wed use it, so we can keep the fimiliar controls
2. we also agreed on the wiimote being able to be used, simply because it is still a wii game and a game must use its system's controller. (unless its something like guitar hero, which brawl isnt) plus, sakurai SAID PLAYING WITH THE WIIMOTE FELT TACKED ON, which means they made controls with the wiimote for brawl
3. the classic controller. some people dont have gamecube controllers, and already have classic controllers for their vc games. sakurai might include the classic controller for people who dont have cubes, AND FOR PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY WANT TO PLAY AND A REGURLAR, STANDARD CONTROLLER. those, were the reasons why I say u will be able to use all three. and nobody can get mad at me either or try to prove me wrong cause i used great reasoning and logic to copme up with the conclusion. u though i was just saying, all because we agreed on it, it was true. but you didnt go back and read the posts, like u shouldve. dont try to talk on the 7th page on a thread about things that happened on past, and then dont even go back and read about it

look i don't want to get into an argument with you but heres a quote from you in another thread

'omg....for the millionth time...u can use all three contollers. cube, classic, and wiimote/nunchuck'

shall i fix it for you?

'omg........for the millionth time i used reasoning and logic to assume that u can use all three contollers. cube, classic, and wiimote/nunchuck'

of course there is a chance that the wiimote will be used, but i believe that motion sensitivity is too difficult to implement successfully for a game like smash bros, and that without it would be very awkward to play using the wiimotes limited buttons

I think there enough buttons on the wiimore and nunchuk to play smash bros without motion controls. I will be using the gc controller but i will try all of them to get the most out of the game.

rockkybox said:
look i don't want to get into an argument with you but heres a quote from you in another thread

'omg....for the millionth time...u can use all three contollers. cube, classic, and wiimote/nunchuck'

shall i fix it for you?

'omg........for the millionth time i used reasoning and logic to assume that u can use all three contollers. cube, classic, and wiimote/nunchuck'

of course there is a chance that the wiimote will be used, but i believe that motion sensitivity is too difficult to implement successfully for a game like smash bros, and that without it would be very awkward to play using the wiimotes limited buttons
like i said, i used good reasoning and logic that made perfect sense. therefor, i can say wat i believe about this. and the wiimote has enough buttons. a, b, z, 1, 2, -, and all four sides of the d pad. they could definantly turn the d pad into 4 different buttons. so thats the total of 11 buttons.

Last edited:
Shoko said:
like i said, i used good reasoning and logic that made perfect sense. therefor, i can say wat i believe about this

yeah mate I love people saying what they believe, just not when they state it as fact when it is an unsubstantiated assumption. :wink:

And on the face of the the wiimote + nunchuck have enough buttons for brawl, but of course when holding it in the wiimote + nunchuck position the 1, 2 + and - buttons are very difficult to press quickly, you need to move you hand etc to press them, which isnt what you want when playing a high speed game.

Also the wiimote and nunchuck have got 12 buttons in all, but if the unacessable ones arnt counted (+, - 1 and 2) theres only 8. the idea of using all four sides of the d-pad to do diffrent things seems messy for a series like smash bros that has very much been centerd on the pick up and play mentality, so if that is counted as two buttons (left and right for one thing, up and down for the other seems slightly more elegant) that leaves us with 6 buttons.

Last edited:
yea, i know. hard to reach. but still enough. nintendi will think of something

ill be using the cube stick staright up. i dont think a fighting game like brawl would go good with hand motions

Being hardcore, I shall play (and own) smash bros. using the Wii Guitar Hero controller.

Are you hard core?
Accepting Guitar v. Guitar matches, and Guitar v. DDR Mat matches...

wondering, what new will there be without using the wiimote? besides new graphics, maps, charcters, and weapons (ive played melee and it was awesome!!! but idk how much better it was then the older one) what cna they improve on it (wifi...wifi...wifi!) besides the controller scheme and a couple of other things. :? but idk, im going to buy it regardless :p

Well then I guess I'm using the GC Controller, seems the most simple to use for a game like this. I'll be awaiting matches when this game is here.

Shoko said:
Im fairly certain that you were the only one that 'agreed it would use all three control schemes.' In fact, I would appreciate it if you sent me a link to that thread so I could count how many of the posters typed their agreement. I am guessing that none (or very few) of them did.

rockkybox said:
now that i can really agree with you on, btw whos your main in SSBM?
zelda. regular zelda. Zelda, Shiek, Luigi, Roy, Fox, Pikachu, Peach and ice climbers

Back