Which Rayman Raving Rabbids is better, 1 vs 2?

courtwshr1

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
My girlfriend and I just got a Wii and are looking for a good game to play with each other, as well as with friends (up to 4 or more players). I've found a lot of mixed recommendations online regarding whether the original RRR or RRR2 is better. My understanding is that the first one needs to be passed to become "unlocked" for multiplayer, but is also funnier and better. While the 2nd one is designed more for multiplayer, but is not as fun/funny. Can anyone comment on their experience, and also confirm that both are truly designed for 4-players? Thanks!

There just has been a topic about this. Everyone agreed that 1 was better. 2 Seemed more fun to me though.

Thanks - sorry I searched the forums but couldn't find it. Please post or PM me the link if you have it.

courtwshr1 said:
Thanks - sorry I searched the forums but couldn't find it. Please post or PM me the link if you have it.
Oh no! I wasnt really telling you. The search function does not always find the stuff you need so.

well I have RRR1 and yes you do need to beat the stages to unlock them in multiplayer. I never played RRR2 tho so i duno which one is more fun or funnier, but part 1 is great tho lol just thinking about it makes me laugh haha

I think I like 2 a little better. Almost all of the games are simultaneous multi-player. But both 1 and 2 are pretty fun and funny.

courtwshr1 said:
My girlfriend and I just got a Wii and are looking for a good game to play with each other, as well as with friends (up to 4 or more players).

Having played 1 and own 2, 2 is by far better for playing up to 4 players.

Reasons
1 ) You actually play 4 players at the same time for a lot of the games.
2 ) Unlocking is a lot easier, so you can go directly to the fun games when you have a party
3 ) 2 levels of play, so some games are slightly different in Normal vs Easy
4 ) Customizable Rabbids

I brought RR2 to my brother's for Thanksgiving. Between my brother's family, my sister's family, my parents, and me, we played RR2 and Mario & Sonic Olympics for 3 days. When I went to my sister's for Christmas, we played RR2 again.

Favorite games in RR2 :
Cell Phone (try to talk in the movie theater on your cell and not get caught)
Volley ball (2 on 2 volleyball using a watermellon, awesome)
Bumper Cars (on the top of a building, tons of fun)
Photo Booth (just funny seeing the faces of the Rabbids)
American Football (smear the queer with a football)

Thank you for the advice - but of course it's still so hard to choose! I appreciate the advice above suggesting that RR2 is better for multiplayer, since that will likely be the primary use. And since BB is having a nice sale right now, I may stick with that to start. Any other opinions are always appreciated!

Back