Which Zelda game was the best?

Majora's Mask was the best for me, it was way harder than any of the other Zeldas, especially TP which was just too easy. Plus, it had a darker or more serious feel than any Zelda I've played.

I played the original Zelda as a kid and HATED it. I hated it so much that I never played another Zelda game again until Twilight Princess. For me, this is one of the best games I've ever played. I love the epic story, I love the puzzles, I love way you can backtrack and discover new things...everything is awesome. I tried to play Ocarina of Time before I started Twilight Princess because all my friends said I should, but it didn't really hold my interest. Maybe I'll go back and try it; but for now, Twilight Princess hands down.

masterjedi said:
I love the epic story, I love the puzzles, I love way you can backtrack and discover new things
Those signature features are part of every Zelda game.

What was it about the original Zelda that you hated? And how long ago was it that you played it? I could maybe understand if it was relatively recently and you were comparing against other current games at the time. But I can tell you, back when the NES was "current", Zelda was incredible and all the rage.

I was eight and I just didn't understand the game at all. Back then, I was more into platformers and adventure games like Contra, Mario and Gremlins and I just didn't understand what the hell I was supposed to be doing in Zelda. I found it extremely boring so when I heard about the next one, I wasn't excited at all. As I got older, I remember Zelda games being released; Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Ocarina etc. but I was unexcited by them because I hadn't played one in years.

masterjedi said:
I was eight and I just didn't understand the game at all.
That might explain it. I was 13 and loved it.

If you can get over the retro graphics (which have an enduring appeal, in my opinion), you should give it another shot via Virtual Console. Fun puzzles, and you can have the warm fuzzy experience of seeing where it all began.

masterjedi, try Wind Waker. It is tied with Twilight Princess in my mind.

dude i've gotta say the best zelda game iv'e ever played was four sword adventures. i just loved killing my friend that was playing with me ^_^

Tied for best Zelda game.
It was unique, fun and challenging. Not to mention took a while to fully complete it. It went out of the Zelda "norm" of Zelda is being chased by Ganondorf and Link must save her. Granted it sorta followed that path but it did it with Outlast Island "Link" and Tetra the Pirate.

lol

Too bad I lent WW to my friend cuz I rly wanna play it now.

i can only speak to the ones i've actually played (as should everyone who posts their opinion) I feel that Twilight Princess was the best. Ocarina of Time was awesome and everything, but i think everything they got right in Ocarina was just refined and better in Twilight Princess, plus TP had more interesting bosses to me.

Back