Who else hates kiddie games???

David328ci

WiiChat Member
Apr 2, 2007
I'm getting a bit tired of mini-games and games obviously directed towards a G rated audience. The initial buzz from the Wii is wearing off for me, and I'm beginning to long for some kind of game that can be playing it for more than 10 minutes before wanting to trade it in. It seems like all the games for the Wii don't have very much depth so far. I guess that is fine for launch games, but I expect more. There's only so many times I can play Wii Sports. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :tard: :tard: :tard:

It would be suicide on their part not to make mature games after selling so many consoles. They're smart, they'll make them eventually. We're just probably going to have to wait a year or so before the developers recognize the profit of making a game on such a popular console.

Koops23 said:
Define kiddy.

Little mini games like warioware smooth moves or kiddie themed games like barnyard or cars.

And can the Wii actually get some games that really challenging and require skill not just all casual games that keep you entertain for the first day you own them.

I suppose RE 4, Godfather, Umbrella Chronicles, and Manhunt will probably be interesting but for the number of games targeted towards young kids is too much. Don't the people at Nintendo realize they are missing out on the masses of people who would rather play quake, counterstrike, or starcraft???

Wouldn't be sweet to headshot someone with the Wii-mote?

Just because they're geared for a general audience doesn't make them kiddie. The Wii was meant for a general audience anyway so I don't think the Wii's going to have many M rated games.

Koops23 said:
Just because they're geared for a general audience doesn't make them kiddie. The Wii was meant for a general audience anyway so I don't think the Wii's going to have many M rated games.

That's shame because the way it stands right now the Wii is like elevator music...made to please everyone but truly pleases no one. This kind of appeal cannot last. You would think that Nintendo would have learned from the Gamecube that kiddie games are crap.

David328ci said:
That's shame because the way it stands right now the Wii is like elevator music...made to please everyone but truly pleases no one. This kind of appeal cannot last. You would think that Nintendo would have learned from the Gamecube that kiddie games are crap.

I'm pretty dang pleased with the Wii myself.

David328ci said:

I'm a huge Wii fan and I agree with you 100%. People who blindly like anything nintendo releases are preparing for a letdown as soon as the "wii buzz" as you described above wears off.

I really hope nintendo makes some bloody online style games, the wii remote is begging for them.

David328ci said:
You maybe for the moment but how about a year from now?

Well I'm still entertained by Mario games that came out 10 years ago and with the release of Super Mario Galaxy, I think I will. I've had the Wii for 3 months and haven't gotten bored with it yet.

Koops23 said:
Well I'm still entertained by Mario games that came out 10 years ago and with the release of Super Mario Galaxy, I think I will. I've had the Wii for 3 months and haven't gotten bored with it yet.

The great majority of people are not entertained by games that came 10 years ago to still be playing them. If you are, then I would say you are in the minority. 3 months is a relatively short period of time. That is why I said a year from now. I've been gaming for over 20 years, and I still enjoy some old games but with few rare excpetions I'm not going to go back and spend any amount of them actually playing through them because I don't feel like rehashing the past when there are newer and better games to be had. The Wii will face a test in the near future next Christmas when people will decide if the Wii has lasting power.

Wii still leaves me feeling bored and unsatisfied due to the type of games it has.

Last edited:
But an xbox360 or ps3. They have plenty of Shooter games.

David328ci said:
That's shame because the way it stands right now the Wii is like elevator music...made to please everyone but truly pleases no one.

:frown2:

That's funny you said that though...last I checked over 5,000,000 were sold. Doen't please people, then I don't think over 5,000,000 would have sold.

whats this obbsession with M games? I have a feeling that it makes people feel cooler if there playing M games. I mean whats wrong with these so called "kiddie games" they can be just as cool and fun as the "oh so cool" M games.

Back