Who is i0n?

kidtmnt

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
I would have never guessed i0n owned the site. This whole time I thought this was Cameron Banga's site? Has i0n been on the Wiichat.com show and I didnt catch it? i0n (izeron) doesnt really look like a real name. Banga is the coolest sir name I've ever heard.

Yes, i0n owns Wiichat. He's a great guy you know! Always there to help :). The Wiichat show is a podcast which i0n has recently allowed to start. See? What did i tell you. Great guy.

This might explain what a ion is
The wiki said:
An ion is an atom or group of atoms, normally electrically neutral, that has lost or gained one or more electrons. The simplest ions are the proton (a hydrogen ion, H+, positive charge), and alpha particle (helium ion, He2+, consisting of two protons and two neutrons). An ion consisting of a single atom is called a monatomic ion, and an ion consisting of multiple atoms is called a polyatomic ion. Larger ions containing many atoms are called molecular ions. The process of converting electrically neutral atoms or molecules into ions and the state of being ionized is called ionization. The recombining of ions and electrons to form neutral atoms or molecules is called recombination. In layman's terms, an ion is any molecule that has a charge.
Fast ions that move essentially in one direction are used in atomic physics, nuclear physics and particle physics (see Charged particle beam), Ion source, or Particle accelerator.
Below, we mainly consider slow or stationary ions.
A negatively charged ion, which has more electrons in its electron shells than it has protons in its nuclei, is known as an anion (pronounced [ˈænaɪən]; an-eye-on) due to its attraction to anodes. A positively-charged ion, which has fewer electrons than protons, is known as a cation (pronounced [ˈkætaɪən]; cat-eye-on) due to its attraction to cathodes. A polyatomic anion that contains oxygen is sometimes known as an oxyanion.
Ions are denoted in the same way as electrically neutral atoms and molecules except for the presence of a superscript indicating the sign of the net electric charge and the number of electrons lost or gained, if more than one. For example: H+, SO42−.

Back