Who leaves their Wii on

el-zilcho said:
@Hugh: If you keep switching the wii position you will loosen the internal air flow radiator and then evil pixies will eat your eyes

My wii is always on orange standby . I think as long as its well ventilated and not sat on top of something that could heat it up , like a tv or another apliance that generates heat , it should be fine

Ahh, so thats what's been clawing at my window at 3am...the pixies.

Ill keep it vertical from now on.

KaosAssassin said:
Ever since I connected to the internet it has been on standby unless there was a power failure

Unlike some of you though I don't think the blue light is hypnotic and I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night to find it's on cuz then I have to get up turn the Wii on, find out why it's blue turn it off and go back to sleep

thats why i turn mine off, and also if i leave it on standby, my wii stand stays on. and it has really bright blue lights. not good in the middle of night. otherwise i just leave it on during the day.

Hugh345 said:
Ahh, so thats what's been clawing at my window at 3am...the pixies.

Ill keep it vertical from now on.

No dude the pixies are under the bed , but that clawing at the window sounds worrying , id sleep with one eye open hugh ,

Anyway on topic:

KEEPIN THE WII ON STANDBY RULES !!!!!!

I don't leave my on because I don't want it to overheat. I'm thinking about getting this thing for my laptop called eyetv(I think) that lets me play game systems on my macbook pro, so I can play in my room of course. When I do I'll get a fanstand for my wii so I can leave it on safely.

i leave mine on because theres no switch on the wii to turn it off and plus it only take the same power to power the wii as it does to power a light bulb

i alwas leave mine on standby its kinda fun to see when u have a message from your freinds and no the pixies come from the usb slot in your will and kinda steal your tv untill you awae (have you never realised how much your electric bill is?)

My parents always get mad at me for constantly turning off lights but it saves them money so I don't see why they get mad.

there was an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto (or someone in nintendo, actually i think someone from nintendo on G4TV, which has gone bad since MTV took over...) within the past year. He said something like.. "with the on 24 hour a day lifestyle we are in, we designed the Wii to do just that, be on 24/7/365." They also were talking about some of the other disign challenges and styling that went into the Wii. They wanted to make it the size of 2 DVD cases tall, use less power while on than the GameCube (which it does), ect...

WiiConnect24 always on for me.

another useless piece of knowledge, a PC uses the same amount of energy as a 100 Watt light bulb. it's the tv's and monitors that suck some power.

heymoe99 said:
there was an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto (or someone in nintendo, actually i think someone from nintendo on G4TV, which has gone bad since MTV took over...) within the past year. He said something like.. "with the on 24 hour a day lifestyle we are in, we designed the Wii to do just that, be on 24/7/365." They also were talking about some of the other disign challenges and styling that went into the Wii. They wanted to make it the size of 2 DVD cases tall, use less power while on than the GameCube (which it does), ect...

WiiConnect24 always on for me.

another useless piece of knowledge, a PC uses the same amount of energy as a 100 Watt light bulb. it's the tv's and monitors that suck some power.
Thanks for the info

Alrigh thanks a lot mines is horizontal though, i think its fine though for now, I am moving it soon

Mines always on standby.

Why the hell would nintendo create standby if the wii was going to overheat.

In other words.

It wont over heat.

Back