can the wii actually be turned "off"

arcticreaver

Snake
Jun 12, 2007
Arcadia
Wii Online Code
7223-3534-5566-9128
not as in standby mode. i want RED light = off for good.

is there a way other than unplugging it. i'm just afraid that it will overheat or something.

Press and hold the power button on the wii system?

It won't overheat just from being in standby mode. My wii always has the yellow light on when I'm not using it but it hasn't overheated at all.

Last edited:
okay i did that but it's just orange color. isn't it suppose to be red?

yea its not gunna overheat mine is always on and its in my sun room hasnt overheated yet *knocks on wood*

i just don't like it to be on standby for like 10 hours a day when i'm at work. just feels safer for it to be off.

When it's off it turns yellow. The only reason it stays on is so it can update at anytime. If you're that worried about it though, go get a fan from gamestop or walmart. I got one for like only $15. Lemme warn you though the fan's annoying as crap. It's louder than a ceiling fan.:wtf:

Okay..

You HOLD the button for a while. The one on the system, NOT the remote. The light will turn red. You might have to give it awhile

Hold down the power button it should turn red. as for it over heating, mines always on stand-by. plus it helps that my mom keeps it like antartica in the house.

I have that ten dollar blue LED fan stand from gamestop. The fan's nice and quiet and keeps it cool. But even without it, it's fine. I mean, do you really think Nintendo would have designed this thing and not made absolute certain that it would be ok in standby 24/7?

hey..just a quick question in regard to this post...if u do turn it to yellow or orange..w.e it is....i think i've seen in other posts that it does something with ur wiimote so that u have to re-sync it>....:S:S..not sure if thats correct or not if someone would like to elaborate on that plz! thx!

If you want it to be on RED/OFF then turn off your WIICONNECT 24. The yellow light means its in standby, but its still getting info via the Wireless for updates and such.

Just go to your wii settings and turn off WIICONNECT 24 then power the sucker off, and you'll have that red light your lookin for.

I'm the same way artic, i dont like stuff working and moving and getting warm when im not using it. And if you leave the Wii connect 24 on all the time, the console stays kinda warm all the time. I just turn my WII CONNECT 24 on whenever i feel like getting online or whatever.

Last edited:
Back