Who Should Pay On A Date?

Fire Flower

Is A Diddy Kong User.
May 13, 2007
London Ontario
Wii Online Code
2617-4361-9813-7619
Well, the thread is the question itself. Who should pay?

A few weeks ago this girl asked me out to dinner. Mmm. Twas great. The bill comes. No worries, since she's the one who did the asking she should pay right? Wrong. She was sitting there, looking at it, the bill. Then looks up at me with the DEATH STARE. So I ended up paying ( about ) 120$.

Is it fair that the man should always pay, because it's the right thing to do? If she offered to pay, I would have payed for it. If we split it, that would have been better. But she just stared at it expecting to get a free meal.

So, who should pay? Why, and in what situations?

yes, us men usually pay. otherwise we pay for it with our lives and years of nagging.

as for why: i am not sure, i guess they expect us to be more "gentleman like"?

* puts on flame suit*:ciappa:

I personally think that men should always pay. For me, I would feel uncomfortable knowing that I allowed the lady to pay for our meal.

I paid the plane ticket, she can pay for McDonalds. :D

If it's a first date, I'm pretty sure the new-age rule is that the asker pays. The reason people have men-pay in their minds, is because women aren't supposed to ask in the first place, see how that works.

As for me...going dutch on things is just fine for me. Well, paying for your own. I'm like...$4 in MD's, and she's like...$1. XD

If I was that girl, I'd just ask every guy out to a nice place just for free food.

What if its two blokes out on a date ?
Will it be the most manly one ?

I don't think we live in the stone age anymore.. I think that if she asked you out then she should pay and vise versa. If you are in a relationship were you have been on a few dates then each of you should pay for what you ate or take turns paying. It's only fair.

I believe the man should always pay, but i'm old school. With me and my girl she never pays for anything. All i expect from her is a nice dinner when i get home and you know :wink: ...but then again like NikkiLee said we are not in the stone age anymore and a lot of women do get offended when you pay for them. I guess it all depends on the person. But the man should always be ready to pay and never say anything when it comes ready to pay, let her say somethin first.

Obviously the man pays. Or should at least be prepared to pay. Fair enough if the lady wants to pay (not that one should let her), but the man should always have in mind that there is an extremely good chance that he is paying! Like Bliss', the missus doesn't pay for anything.

It shows many qualities paying for things, and will always do you good, even if she did ask you out. Since you agreed, you must like her, and if you like her, then you should pay.

The man almost always pays unless the woman insists, but even then I let her decline my wanting to pay at least once, usually twice. Her asking you on a date is confusing on the matter. If it were me I would automatically pick up the bill and let her refute it (if she had planned to pay). But you have to becareful of the feminists, if you were to take the bill after she asked you out, you might lose a hand. :yikes:

Well, My first post said that,
I would pay if she insisted to or if I asked, If not, then I would like to share the bill, instead of the steryotipe choice of the man always having to pay.

A lot of you are saying the man just should. Why? Do woman not make money for them selfs? Do we think they don't have any money?

Well out of old-fashion(but still in fashion even now) curtisy the guy is supposed to pay or if the girl suggested to split the bill in half then that can work too.:yesnod:

Fire Flower said:

A lot of you are saying the man just should. Why? Do woman not make money for them selfs? Do we think they don't have any money?

It's called chivalry, much like opening a door or pulling out a seat for a lady, yes they can do all these on thier own, but it's just part of the dating dance. There are deeper psychological reasonings for these, but we'll just leave it at it is what it is. Partly due to tradition partly due to biological make up. But again I reiterate, whatch out for those feminist, it could ruine the whole night if you open a door or pay for a meal. Personally I wouldn't want to mess with those types anyway. So I would just pick up the bill every time and assume your going to pay. You should continue to do so if you want to continue to go on dates. Maybe your confused, but so is the rest of the men in the world some things just don't make alot of sense, like why does a woman present you problems of thiers if they don't want them to be solved... It don't make sense but it is what it is and if you just go with it, things will be easier on you.

Back