Who Should Pay On A Date?

I'm just going to have to say, no matter what... Brawny pays for the meal.

To simplify my previous response, the guy should pay, end-o-story.

Last edited:
Chivalry is dead, but it's still kinda cute.

Ah, the things you've taught me, Nelly Furtado... I'm all for that "kinda cute".

I pay. :thumbsup:

Ahh, get over it. It is a meal, big deal. There are a lot worse things you can pay for in a relationship. Like a way put of jail...
Man pays 'coz it is the generally expected way, and it shows that he CAN pay for it and that he is not a wuss or anything. Strengthens a beginning relationship, methinks...

Xenithion said:
Ahh, get over it. It is a meal, big deal. There are a lot worse things you can pay for in a relationship. Like a way put of jail...
Man pays 'coz it is the generally expected way, and it shows that he CAN pay for it and that he is not a wuss or anything. Strengthens a beginning relationship, methinks...

^ I'm not a baby. That's my opinion. I don't think babies can have opinions.
I'm just looking for other opinions.
If you read my other post,

Fire Flower said:
I don't mind paying, I can make money easily.
It's just when they don't think of helping.

I guess I'm that kind of guy.

I think that you should pay for your own food.

Otherwise its kinda like prostitution IMO.

1. You go from paying a bill to being put in jail.. Nice comparison.
2. Paying a bill has nothing to do with ones character and or physical strength.
3. Not all girls want guys paying the bill. Some actually prefer to pay their half.
4. Depending on what Fire Flower makes, $120.00 is a big deal. She could have paid her half.

Last edited:
Okay... since you say the guy should always pay. Why?

Subarnu said:
Okay... since you say the guy should always pay. Why?

To be a gentlemen. You want to treat your girlfriend the best you can, so making her pay for a meal, movies, etc. doesn't help in making her feel any better before she met you.

So she asks you out and the guy pays? Yes I see how that is fair

Back