Who's getting a PS3?

The PS3 right now is not worth getting. Unless you want a bluray player right now. The online is almost non-existant. The games arent very good and appear to be rushed out to make launch. Other companies are having troubles with the coding on the PS3. This system wont be worth $600 for another 6-12months. Just like the 360 was. I love Sony but I see the PS3 in 3rd in the console wars this time round. Of course Nintendo in notorious for screwing up with limited games and thousand delays.

powellandrew said:
cmon the nintendo wii is soooo good!!:thumbsup:
I'm not saying that the playstation doesn't have its strengths, but the wii is much much cheaper and more worthwhile with a completely new gaming experience which is sure to change the way we play! New games like Zelda Twilight princess, mario, red steel look to steal the show. Ihave my pre-order now while I can. The wii Rules!!!

Who's saying anything about the Wii? I already own it... I know that. We are talking about the Ps3 in this thread. Please GTFO.

Yeah, I'll get one...in like 2009 when it has some decent games, it's bugs are worked out, it's online system shows it's worth, and it's price is reasonable.

Well I just played the PS3 in store today, Ridge Racer 7 it was, and I was left somewhat dissapointed and empty inside. I mean I knew I wasn't going to buy one for a year or two but I didn't think much of the graphics to be honest and the cars felt like they were sliding around the track, impressive draw distance I guess but to be honest I was more impressed with the new star wars game on the GC that was next to it ^_^;

I probably will get one....

Like in Jan/feb?

The thing is though, I really dont see any games that are amazing. And if there arent any good games....whats the point in touching the thing? And is it really worth spending $60 on a blue ray game when I never play it?

At the end of the day, when I spend $5,932,2340 on all the components high definition television sets......will I be happy with what it does?

Probably not. And it will end up sitting in my room for a very long time.

But still......I want it anyway. Itd look nice next to my tv.

dogdigity said:
But still......I want it anyway. Itd look nice next to my tv.

I am hoping you have an HDTV for it to look nice next to because it will look nice ON it as well.

This is true, and another case and point of how much money a ps3 really will end up costing you.

But, thats not really a problem for me. So whatev.

I'm not too much into Playstations. I have a PS2, but I prefer my Nintendo systems. The PS/2/3 are good, it's just that there's a lack of good games. The hardware for Sony systems compared to Nintendo systems are godly machines, but game-wise, Nintendo wins hands down in my opinion. I've only played a few games for Sony that I love. (I don't even like the Final Fantasy series much, I guess I'm just weird like that).

Sure, I'll get the PS3, but I'll wait until the price drops down. Maybe in a few years.

ABC said:
I'm definitely getting one but unfortunately not on launch. But I don't mind, I already have a 360 and am getting a Wii on Sunday. I'll have a 360 by March of next year though.
Wow... LMFAO

Sadly... no, I have better things to spend $600 on.

Hell I dont even know where I would get that much money in the first place.

Half-lifefan22 said:
Wow... LMFAO

Sadly... no, I have better things to spend $600 on.

Hell I dont even know where I would get that much money in the first place.

Dude, all you play is Gears of War anyway! :lol: What the hell would you possibly do with a Ps3?

ABC said:
Dude, all you play is Gears of War anyway! :lol: What the hell would you possibly do with a Ps3?

I know. Leaving Gears of War... that's a terrible that that I dont want to talk about.

well I live in Mexico and the thing is that any retailer is selling it, not even the sony shop as far as i now it will be sold until the next year til the price get lower but well that doesnt matter for me because im happy with my wii

ninnie x said:
The PS3 just looks like a waste of money, not to mention the extremly high price ($600):rolleyes:

i honestly dont think that the PS3 is 'a waste of money'

look at what you are getting for your money... 60gb, blu-ray, OMGWTFPWNAGE graphics etc

re

ninnie x said:
The PS3 just looks like a waste of money, not to mention the extremly high price ($600):rolleyes:

They make a $500 system :eek:ut: You obviously have never played resistance on it. I was never a fan of first person shooters, but this game kicks ass. I would have paid $1000 for the ps3 anyday.

Back