Why cant they just make more Wii's?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Crazy thought but Why did Nintendo not just make another factory and make like 100,000 More Wii's??? Or just make more Im pretty sure if they kept the factorys going 24/7 they could have over 300,000 more then they could by christams. So why dont they do this??? (by the way I know they have to be tested and all that)

Because its probably to late. Money/time constraints. Finding enough people to work, paying for labour etc. Maybe its to late to ship... Plus they need to get a copt of Wii Sports for each Wii. Maybe they'd prefer to not do them all at once incase there are problems.

I mean, honestly, dont you think they would have thought of this? I dont know anything about what goes in to making a console, but i'm sure atleast one of the above reasons would be true.

I think they are pretty much doing everything possible to allow for as many Wiis to enter the market as quickly as they can.

Look at it this way: Nintendo has much more product available for consumers than either Microsoft had at the launch of the 360, or Sony with the PS3. They have sold nearly 1,200,000 units in only two weeks. That's one Wii every second of every day. Any manufacturer would have a hard time keeping up with this kind of demand.

We'' this is no surpise that the Wii's would fly off the selfs I mean look at the Gamecube, PS2, and 360 ALL were gone in a few mins so....They should have been started making them like 6-7 months ago.
And yes I know they did the nest of the 3 in how many systems came out on release and how many will be comign out before Christmas. But I want my friends to get there Wii's too but they might have to wait until late Jan or Feb which sucks.

JerrodDRagon said:
We'' this is no surpise that the Wii's would fly off the selfs I mean look at the Gamecube, PS2, and 360 ALL were gone in a few mins so....They should have been started making them like 6-7 months ago.
And yes I know they did the nest of the 3 in how many systems came out on release and how many will be comign out before Christmas. But I want my friends to get there Wii's too but they might have to wait until late Jan or Feb which sucks.

You can't mass produce an item before it is ready to be produced. It was not ready to be produced 6-7 months ago.

it's kinda nice that they aren't the easiest thing to get though...makes them more special for that kid who opens their present and gets a wii. LOL

JerrodDRagon said:
Crazy thought but Why did Nintendo not just make another factory and make like 100,000 More Wii's??? Or just make more Im pretty sure if they kept the factorys going 24/7 they could have over 300,000 more then they could by christams. So why dont they do this??? (by the way I know they have to be tested and all that)

What? You want some Chinese labourers to produce a system every 5 minutes? It takes much processing and testing before a single unit will be shipped to a retail store. They must also package it and make sure every piece (including the sensor bar) is in tact and that there's no possible defects. If Nintendo had rushed it (i.e. Ps3), you would see more console problems on forums, and it would just create much more controversey than there is now. So instead of being the little impatient girl that you are, you're just going to have to wait.

JerrodDRagon said:
Crazy thought but Why did Nintendo not just make another factory..

Haha, do you realise the cost that would be involved! The overheads would increase so much that a Wii would cost more than a PS3

The major problem around christmas, is santa takes up alot of the skilled labour for his allocation:thumbsup:

They mustn't check them that carefully because a friend of mine in Canada didn't have the TV cable in the box, and had to wait days for Nintendo to ship him one before he could play his Wii!

Remember that the Wii wasn't properly finished that long ago, therefore they could only start producing them recently. Also, they want to release them before Christmas to maximise profits, so it's a case of drip feeding stores as and when they've made enough.

Don't worry, once the hype is over (early 2007) each store will be flooded with Wiis, and you'll just need to walk into one at any time of the day to buy one. ;)

Woah... it's like they wouldn't have already thought about how to maximise their company...

It's not like there's 1 single thing standing in their way to do something like that y'know. :p There'll be many legalities and ... grown-up stuff to attend to.

But it would've been awesome if it were possible at the moment.

Back