why do i suck at guitar hero 3

mr wii

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
I got guitar hero 3 on wii for christmas and completed it in easy within a few hours and really enjoyed it, having never played a guitar hero game before i was impressed but now trying to do the medium level im strugling, every time a blue key gets thrown in i loose all sense of control, its pathetic! can anyone help me, tips n all

ive only played a few times:cornut: but i really liked it and all you have to do is practice.

I use to be worse, my pinky was really weak and i could not press the button lol, with a little practice it is easy :) I just cant hit the orange note now :prrr:

What's the key to doing the hard level? I found the medium level to be pretty easy, but I can't work in the orange key! How do you reach the orange key?!!!!

Just practice. However, the medium to hard is the hardest transaction. Hard is basically Expert, though.

AHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAhHAHHAAHHAAHAAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHaHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH

I five starred Hard.
I barely 4 star Expert and some songs are failed. Hard is not expert.

I have a hand problem where everytime i bring my pinky down my finger beside it ventures down as well. After a while though i can play most medium songs with relative ease. Theres some that i cant do like TTFAF and Slayer one.

I am saying, the Hard to Expert transaction is the easiest. One you get the feel for the Orange note, you're set.

That is true.

I just got used to Hard, and I find it easier to moce the fingers down teh fret board so that the index finger is on the red key, and pinky is on the orange.
then just reach for the greens like said above.
It takes a while to get used to, but ChristmasWii is right about hard-expert being the easiest change.

I am sort of the same although...I have done around 4 medium songs I have passed all with at least 81% one with 92% I think.

Just practise with it slower and eventually speed up.

try rolling your wrist further under the neck of the guitar. basically moving your elbow forward more, so you can curl your pinky finger around and hit th e4th note with the tip of your pinky not the pad of it. Also you will need to learn how to move your hand from low position to high position when you are playing hard and expert.

Low position being index finger on the 2nd button, pinky on the orange, and high position index on the green, pinky on the 4th button. That way you always have your fingers assigned to a specific button. You can also keep your hand in the low position and just reach your index finger over to hit the green when it comes up.

Right now I am on Expert, and trying to beat Raining blood by Slayer and One by Metallic. They are both really easy songs until you get to the solos. And I can get 150,000 or so on TTFATF on hard, but can't beat it on expert yet. Just keep practicing. Practice, practice, practice.

Back